[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:40 pm

"I suppose we'll see."

Sip.

"There are other Phoenix here, but thus far I can't vouch for more than their ability to not say utterly insane things out loud."

A pause.

"Well. There's another Shiba here who seems all right. Based on a limited interaction, anyhow."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:22 pm

"I'm sure your kin are lovely Shiba-san" Emiko said with a smile and a nod "I can speak well for my kin. Susaki Tanabe is a very kind man, and very caring. He likes to wrestle a lot though, sometimes I worry when he throws some of his opponents overboard but thankfully all Otter are trained to learn how to swim from birth."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:49 pm

"Think I saw some kind of gigantic Crane guy around town, then that big Bayushi, and I think there are a couple of Crab here..."

He chuckled.

"We should have 'em wrestle and place bets. Could be fun."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am

Emiko brought a hand up to cover a giggle at that.

"Oh that could be fun. I have confidence that Susaki-san would win though, he studied with the Badger. He's also kept me safe for a while, I have full faith that he could come through a wrestling competition as champion."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 am

"Well, I've got no one to back in particular, but it could be fun. Shake things up a little bit. Maybe literally if someone big enough gets thrown hard enough..."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:54 pm

"I'm certain nobody would be seriously hurt, it would be a poor thing to do at a miai ne?" Emiko commented with a small frown "I understand sometimes it can get rough but still..."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Raizo sighed.

"Usogawa-san, it has been my experience that someone always gets hurt, in some way, no matter what people as a group try to do."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:45 pm

"I'm aware" Emiko said, frown deepening "it doesn't mean I would hope for it not to happen though. I'm certain that Susaki-san would be careful, I don't know about the others."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 pm

"We'd have to vet them... after all, they were all invited for a miai, but that doesn't mean they'd all know when to avoid smashing their wrestling opponent through a table."

Raizo knew one ronin who'd put a man through sake house table that had been on fire at the time.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 pm

"Mm, hai" Emiko nodded "if Shiba-san would like to make the arrangements I'm sure I can help spread the word around."

She smiled.

"I'm sure it will be a popular idea."