[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:03 pm

"Well, I find most wars I've studied to be blisteringly pointless, and anyone who says my service is either glorious or honorable clearly hasn't been there, but..."

He sighed.

"It would appear that someone has to do it. A magistrate might be all you need for a lone criminal or a small gang, but when it comes to chasing down larger groups of bandits, we appear to be the proverbial 'it." What about you, what's next after you wrap up here? Bundle off your new husband or wife to... forgive me, I have no idea what the Otter Clan's duties involve, beyond your having mentioned river travel. Perhaps you could enlighten me?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:40 pm

"The Otter? We're traders, entertainers. We travel the rivers between the clans, sharing wares and performing" Emiko said with a smile and a few nods "it's a wonderful life. I hope to bring someone back to the clan who will help us grow and prosper, as we are a very small clan and need to grow with more skills and more people."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:55 pm

"Just ride the rivers, going place to place, huh?"

Sip.

"Sounds nice. So if you're looking for someone to marry in, I have to assume you're somewhat important in your clan's hierarchy? Because otherwise, it seems you'd be limited to trying to get someone from another Minor Clan, and most of them have... staffing issues."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:15 am

Emiko went to speak, before pausing and then nodding.

"Hai...you could say that. My father is quite key to the Otter clan."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:02 am

"Ah. So you're very important."

He chuckled.

"Otherwise, the evasiveness would be a bit out of place. Well, have no fear, Usogawa-san, your secret, such as it is, is safe with me."

He favored her with a sidelong glance.

"And it actually makes this a bit less stressful for me, since I rather doubt the Phoenix want me marrying out. Which means this can just be a pleasant conversation, instead of a torturous feeling-out of a potential match."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 am

"I wasn't..." Emiko sighed softly and bowed to the man "forgive me. I just prefer conversations where it isn't about my father. I don't mean to sound evasive. My father is Usogawa Chiitan."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am

"Never heard of him."

Sip.

"But presumably he's far more important than I am. Good thing he's not here."

Sip.

"Watching his daughter in such uncouth company."

Sip. Smile.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:16 am

There was a look of confusion.

"My apology, I would have thought the champion of a clan would be better known."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:31 am

"I'd never heard of the Otter before you mentioned your affiliation. The champion of a Minor Clan I'd never heard of an hour ago? Be a bigger shock if I did know him."

Sip.

"Especially since I'm just a low-ranking soldier. I've only ever seen my... actually, now that I think about it, I haven't seen my current Clan Champion. Shiba Ujimitsu-shiryo was a man I only saw once. Shiba Tsukunue-dono is not someone I've ever laid eyes on."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:46 am

Emiko went to comment, but instead just nodded and picked up her cup.

"As you say Shiba-san. My apology for assuming. I would hope at least you don't view me too differently for this, I came here hoping to be judged as myself and not my future position as heir, however you say your clan is unwilling to allow you to leave? You must be more than a low-ranking soldier yourself."