[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:12 pm

He took a sip.

It was as weird as everything else he'd run into since leaving the forest and entering the actual Kyuden, a combination of flavors he'd never really imagined anyone attempting.

"Seems all right to me."

Assuming it doesn't turn me into a tuna or something. Can never be sure around here.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:32 am

Emiko took that as approval and nodded with a smile.

"Hai! I'm glad it's to your approval" she finally picked up her cup, closing her eyes and enjoying the scent before taking a sip.

"Mm, that is really good. Fate chose well."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:29 am

"Mm."

As he sipped at his own, Raizo.... found he had nothing else to say.

A very pretty woman from some Minor Clan I've never heard of who's evidently a bit clumsy and.... plainly has had more practice being Polite than you have.

Have mercy on her, you fool, and just... let it ride.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:52 am

Emiko took a few more sips before putting her cup down and looking at the man with a smile.

"How was your journey down Shiba-sama? I haven't ever been able to visit the Phoenix lands but I understand it's quite a way away."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:22 am

"Well. It was a bit of a hike. But nothing too bad, and I was able to set my own pace for a change. Had to stick to the major roads 'cause getting lost is a great way to arrive late."

He shrugged.

"Not bad. Not good. Just a bit of a walk. You?"
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:24 am

"Does it take a long time then to travel from Phoenix lands to Deer lands? I sailed here on our clans yakatabune along with some of the Crane that also were coming this way" Emiko picked up her cup to sip the tea again "it was a quite short journey, but all trips by river can have risks even with the saved time. We can only go the way the water wants us to go after all."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:32 pm

"Well. It took a while. But since I got to avoid climbing up any damn mountains on the way here, it didn't feel as long as some of the marches I've had to do."

Like that time we chased those guys from Cliifside Shrine to the Shrine of the Ki-Rin.

"And it's always interesting to see new things. New places."

And it's even nicer to see them with zero expectation of bloodshed involved.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:34 am

"Hai, I love to visit more places. Sadly I have yet to visit the Phoenix lands, it seems the rivers I sail don't usually take me beyond the Kyuden Tonbo. There don't seem to be many rivers into your home lands. I'll have to see if this can change" there was a small chuckle "or perhaps one day the Otter can move from the river to land, and make more friends. Have you seen much of the empire, Shiba-sama?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 am

"Oi, I'm no 'sama," Usogawa-san. I'm a nikutai, not anyone important."

Sip.

This might eventually grow on me. In another decade or two.

"As far as the Empire... I've been all over the Phoenix lands, been into the Dragon Clan's territory once or twice, and a couple of tense face-offs on the Lion border while commanders double-checked their maps."

A frown.

"I'd really like to see more of it, but most of my journeys tend to involve large numbers of armed people prepared to kill each other."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:13 pm

"My apology Shiba-san" Emiko offered with a bow "so you travel with an army usually? And now you're here getting married instead, do you hope to remain within the same position? Serving in the armies of the clan you will end up with?"

She sipped her tea, her blue eyes on Raizo taking on a curious expression.