[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

[Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:13 am

Raizo knew that most regarded tea as a morning thing, but...

But if I go to the sake house, I may well leave feetfirst. Besides. Tea's better for following up practice anyway.

And a tea house had pretexts. He didn't need to prance about odd issues. He could just order some damn tea, and...

The teas are all named after girls. Of course.

This entire Kyuden is fucking weird.

"Uhhh... the oolong with the cinnamon? I guess?"

"The Akina, you mean?"

"Er. Yeah."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Re: [Day 0, Early Evening] A Bit of Hot Water

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:26 am

As part of her evening exploring now things were calmer, Emiko located a tea house. Exciting, a real one! Well, not like Crane level real ones, those were more expensive than most of her clans yachts. This one was nice though, and she was looking at it with a smile before entering...and tripping over the entrance, ending up face-first on the floor.

"Ow..." she muttered.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:33 am

Raizo stood up, strode over, hunkered down, and offered his hand.

"Don't think you broke your nose, but that didn't look pleasant."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:59 am

Emiko sat up, wiping her face a moment before noticing there was a hand in front of it.

"Ano..." she looked up at the man "it's ok, but thank you."

She rose on her own, wiping down her pretty kimono before bowing.

"Please accept my apology for disrupting your evening."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:14 am

"No apology is required, er... samurai-san. Hell, I should thank you for giving me something I actually knew how to respond to."

His own attire was still the simple garb he usually wore under his armor. He'd laid out his finer clothing at the inn, but hadn't arssed himself to put it on.

"This one is Shiba Raizo. Bad at social niceties. Good at straightforward tasks."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:25 pm

"Lovely to meet you Shiba-sama, I am Usogawa Emiko. Good at performing arts and bad at walking through doorways safely" Emiko brought a hand up to cover a laugh "I haven't been here before, how is the tea? Would you like to join me for some, in apology for having disturbed your evening?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:33 pm

"I think having tea with me might disturb your evening, Usogawa-san... and please, the only guys I'm a 'sama' to are ashigaru."

He didn't actually comment on the tea, it had to be said.

"Still, if you feel like offsetting some karma, I don't mind the company."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:53 pm

"I'm sure it won't ruin my evening Shiba-san" Emiko said with a warm smile "company is always enjoyable!"

She let him lead on, until they could find a table to look at the options for tea.

"What is a typical tea from Phoenix lands?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:57 am

"Dunno, really."

He shrugged.

"Most of the time, for me, tea's tea. I know Father has his favorite blend of some damn sort, but I also know he gets it from Crane lands as a sign of status. And my life hasn't exactly encouraged epicurean tastes thus far."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:30 am

"Please forgive me for the correction, but tea is never tea. Sometimes it can help a soldier remain awake during the night, other times it can soothe an ill patient. For now? It's bringing two people together to enjoy the evening. Magical, ne?" She brought a hand up to cover a laugh "what was the name of your fathers favourite blend? The Deer appear to have planned well so perhaps they have it? If not, I suggest we let fate decide."