D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Usogawa Narumi

Re: D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:44 pm

Narumi nods, satisfied. "I look forward to it." her gaze lingers on the Crane, thoughtful.
She looks to the Deer. "News from the river? It is as it is always is, winding and ever-reaching, touching the lands of Rokugan and connecting them, but is it ever truly part of them?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 pm

"As much as ask if a person's blood is part of them," Nesshin replies. "It is the stuff of life, even as water is to the land."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:40 pm

"The Crane are unhappy at the Lion. The Scorpion are enjoying their time in the sun. The Dragon and Phoenix squabble. I don't know that there is much to say that isn't the same as it always was since history began." Akihiro said with a minute shrug. "My youngest sister has joined the Academy, last I heard."

The discussion of the river as blood to the body has him nodding. "This I have heard many times. Though in a very different sort of setting."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:21 pm

A painted eyebrow ticked upward.
"What if the Crane were to have the alliance of another clan against the annoyance of the Lion?" she looks between the men. "Perhaps the Deer could be persuaded."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:35 pm

Akihiro shrugged lightly. "I have heard of such from my family and a few courtiers. I don't hold my breath in anticipation."

He picks up his cup and drinks from it before continuing on. "Any minor clan leader has to ask itself 'will this destroy my clan' over decisions regarding the Great Clans. The Great Clans sit in a place of privilege with their size and scope. A disastrously managed war will hurt the Scorpion or Phoenix for a generation but would not mean their end. The same could not be said of the Hare, Tortoise, Badger, Dragonfly..."

The Kakita puts the cup down. "The burden of leadership is to have to make difficult decisions. The risks weighed, the benefits weighed, so on. My Clan would have to both convince the Deer leadership that they won't lose too much and will gain more than they lose by siding with them. Difficult task but if anyone could do it, it would be the Doji." He coughed into his sleeve.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:39 pm

Nesshin, for his part, shrugs.

"Kakita-sama has the right of it," he says. "And I am but a simple guardsman at present, far removed from the decisions my lord must make. Which is good," he adds, "because I have not yet the wisdom or insight to make them, only to do what I am bidden as best I may."
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:41 pm

The Doji? Narumi filed that away, and made a note to seek out any Doji candidates tomorrow. For reasons.
"You both make valid points, samurai-san; and while I've much enjoyed our shared time this afternoon, this one has finished her tea and therefore must away." she inclined her head deeply to the pair of them. "I thank you very much for letting me join you for a time. Our meeting has been most delightful, and I look forward to spending more time together throughout the miai... If the kami are willing, and the matchmakers are kind, of course."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:24 pm

"I think we shall," Nesshin replies, rising. "But, yes, the day draws on, and I must return to patrols."

He bows.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:08 am

"Of course." The Kakita rose and bowed to both of them in parting. "Carry the Fortunes Blessings."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am

/scene?

D11+, has a second fan.