D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shika Nesshin

Re: D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:58 pm

"A pleasure, indeed," Nesshin replies. Though it's strange a matchmaker is coming to a miai, he thinks. Perhaps to observe?

"And, yes, intrigue and infiltration," he resumes the earlier conversation. "Many have sought to learn the secrets of the Clan, and some come more directly than tangentially."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:15 pm

"A matchmaker getting matched? I wish you Benten's blessings upon your match. A matchmaker with a loveless marriage is a special kind of stigma." Akihiro points out before tapping his mask. Really what hope did he have of a good match with this thing on. Stop poking the weird minor clans.

"Ahem," he coughs to collect himself. His blue eyes cut between the two others as he struggles for time. "So you find a lot 'lost' travelers with suspicious amounts of weapons? That has been my only real interaction with Scorpions outside of a court setting actually."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm

"I don't know I'd say 'a lot,'" Nesshin replies, "but 'enough,' to be sure. And, as you say, some find themselves...circling and need some...redirection."

He shrugs as the Crane's order is delivered and the Otter's taken.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:25 pm

"It's been decided I have enjoyed enough time without a match of my own," she said quietly, and nodded, before regarding the Crane again, letting warmth touch her expression then when he tapped his mask curiously, meeting his gaze momentarily with interest before dropping her sight. "I'm sure you'll find blessings, as well, Kakita-san, may the matchmakers be kind."
Then she listened further.
"There is much worth protecting here and it is a noble path Shika-san walks, guarding his home from the untowards. An influx of visitors, miai or not, must be reason to be on alert?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:29 pm

"We're happy to have guests, of course," Nesshin replies, "but the more we have, the more we must work to ensure their safety. And there are always some who will stray from the paths, or find themselves in the wrong hallways as they seek to answer certain necessities, or somesuch thing."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:53 pm

Akihiro nods. "Some are innocently led astray by unfamiliar surroundings. I have never gotten lost in the forest myself but if one was to ask me where to find the nearest shrine in the city I might be less certain."

"Is Shika-san unattached as well?" The Kakita inquires with polite curiosity. "I have just discovered a young matchmaker they might speak with." He turns his half face to the Usogawa with a tug of a smile playing at his lips.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:57 pm

"Oh, no, I'll be joining in the miai," Nesshin replies. "If nothing else, since we're hosting it, we can hardly act as though we're too good for our own services, eh?

"But it's already been good to meet people today--a great many, in fact, from Imperials and several Clans."

D11+, has a second fan.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Narumi feels her cheeks redden a touch as she meets the Crane's smile. "Your words are kind, Kakita-san.
And yes! I look forward to meeting many here, expanding the reach of the Otter's company beyond the river, and perhaps making a few life-long friends as well, if the kami are kind... So far, luck seems to be in my favour. I wish you both good fortunes.
If this one can be bold, what sort of matches might you entertain? Perhaps this one can be another set of ears in your search?" she inquires with an interested smirk to her lips.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Nesshin looks to the Crane. This'll be good, he thinks.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Akihiro doesn't know what to say to that. "...I had not considered that I had a choice. My immediate thoughts are someone who isn't mean. An honorable sort would be good."

He couldn't come out and say 'someone who doesn't think I am ugly'. Could he? No. Akhiro clears his throat uncomfortablely.

The Kakita decides that deflecting is the best course here. "And yourself Usogawa-san? I am not a trained matchmaker but my eyes are not so terrible as to miss personalities and their compliments. What would you wish in a match?"