D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shika Nesshin

D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:01 pm

After being relieved, Shika Nesshin stops off at the Blushing Maiden. Be nice to get a bit to drink, a bit to eat, he thinks, and he says to Koi "I could stand the taste of Hitomi today, thanks" when she hustles forward to take his order. "And maybe a bit of those pert little dumplings."

He racks his spear beside the door, finds a seat, and watches.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kakita Akihiro

Re: D0EA, Tea Time (Open)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:39 pm

A Kakita in green and blue stripes strides in soon after the Shika's arrival. The right half of his face is covered in a white painted metal mask that contours to his bones, while the left side is far more detailed and attractive. It helps that the left side has skin.

The Shika would gain a bow from Akihiro as he greets the samurai first before nodding at the matron. "I will have whatever is appropriate for a first meeting, thank you."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Nesshin nods in reply and gestures to the several open seats at the table. "Could always use company," he says, affirming the invitation. "Shika Nesshin," he adds.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:39 pm

Akihiro would sit directly across from the Shika and introduce himself in turn. The Shika had always been good and friendly sort. It was nice to see thay continued.

"Kakita Akihiro. I spent the summer just south of here at Kyuden Kakita, and enjoyed the short trip over here. I imagine this wonderful castle is your home unless you are a messenger?" Akihiro definitely didn't think this bushi was a matchmaker. Though maybe. But probably not.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:54 am

"I'm lucky enough to be a local," Nesshin replies, adding a brief word of thanks to the server as his order arrives. "Indeed, I'm on something of a break from guard and patrol duties at the moment.

"But I gather you're here for the miai?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:30 am

"Yes, I am a candidate. The Deer are famous for their matchmaking even far from Kyuden Shika. I could not say no." Akihiro explained though it was obvious that he might have considered saying no at some point. He tapped the table absently. "Is there much to guard against out here? I don't know that any army has tried to breach these walls."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:47 pm

Narumi stepped within the Blushing Maiden, in search of a spot of something small for lunch. Her large brown eyes track across the interior, landing on the pair of samurai and she offers them a tentative smile and making an approach.
"Ohayo, samurai-san. Is it alright if this one joins you for a small delight of conversation on this most exciting day?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:30 am
"Yes, I am a candidate. The Deer are famous for their matchmaking even far from Kyuden Shika. I could not say no." Akihiro explained though it was obvious that he might have considered saying no at some point. He tapped the table absently. "Is there much to guard against out here? I don't know that any army has tried to breach these walls."
"Army? No. Infiltration? Yes. And the occasional ornery wildlife," Nesshin replies to the Crane.

Then,
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:47 pm
Narumi stepped within the Blushing Maiden, in search of a spot of something small for lunch. Her large brown eyes track across the interior, landing on the pair of samurai and she offers them a tentative smile and making an approach.
"Ohayo, samurai-san. Is it alright if this one joins you for a small delight of conversation on this most exciting day?"
"I've no objections," Nesshin says, then adds, "Shika Nesshin, and," gesturing across, "Kakita Akihiro."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Akihiro rises from the cushion to greet the new samurai. The Shika handles the introductions so he merely gives a performative bow and gestures to another cushion. "Please, as Shika-san has indicated we have space for one more."

He sits a moment later and replies to Nesshin with another question. "You have many infiltrators out here in the woods? The Aokami forest is famous for leading people in...circles." Never to be seen again was left unsaid.

"But my apologies," The Kakita remembered at the last second not to cut out the new samurai arrival. "Me and Shika-san were discussing his duties as a guard and wilderness patrolman. Myself I am a duelist when not a candidate at the miai."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 pm

She smiled in thanks. She sat, smoothing the fabrics of her kimono as she did just so. "Shika-san. Kakita-san, I am called Usogawa Narumi, and I thank you." she dips her head, before meeting the Deer's gaze, then the Crane's, seeming to assess them both for a moment before continuing.
"Ah yes, the forest does draw a lot of intrigue..."
Narumi paused, "No need for apologies, Kakita-san. For I am a candidate as well, after all. Though I began my day as a matchmaker-in-training aboard my aunt's yakatabune. A pleasure to meet both of you."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands