(D14, MM, Open) Farewell, My Adopted Child.

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Seppun Unsei

(D14, MM, Open) Farewell, My Adopted Child.

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:46 pm

Seeing as how this would be the last day before Unsei was shipped back off into the life of luxury, they needed to meet with their child. As such, they had settled down in the teahouse and ordered a pot of dandelion tea, along with a plate of daifuku as they waited for Wattan to arrive.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Re: (D14, MM, Open) Farewell, My Adopted Child.

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:21 pm

Shika Wattan entered the tea house with a skip in her step and a blackened left eye. She beamed at Unsei and gave them a deep bow.

"Seppun-sama! It's so good to see you again!" she enthused.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:44 pm

Like a parental animal, Unsei bolted up and moved over to Wattan, looking closely at her black eye.

"Who did it?" They asked, deathly serious.

Unfortunately, Unsei didn't quite grasp that bushi were going to bushi and that meant getting hurt.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:44 pm
Like a parental animal, Unsei bolted up and moved over to Wattan, looking closely at her black eye.

"Who did it?" They asked, deathly serious.

Unfortunately, Unsei didn't quite grasp that bushi were going to bushi and that meant getting hurt.
Wattan grinned up at Unsei.

"Cho-can. I got her back good though. She's gonna be purple all ova." Wattan said with a smile.

Not quite picking up the bushi vibe from Unsei, Wattan considered.

"Y'know, Zang-sensei says that every owie in practice is ten less owies for real." she offers.

Zang sensei probably didn't use the word 'owie' but the sentiment was there.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:02 pm
Wattan grinned up at Unsei.

"Cho-can. I got her back good though. She's gonna be purple all ova." Wattan said with a smile.

Not quite picking up the bushi vibe from Unsei, Wattan considered.

"Y'know, Zang-sensei says that every owie in practice is ten less owies for real." she offers.

Zang sensei probably didn't use the word 'owie' but the sentiment was there.
Unsei frowned deeply, but nodded some. "I suppose that's a good sentiment..." They admitted begrudgingly. "Well, I'm glad that you at least got them back. I expected nothing less from you." Their frown turned into a wide smile.

"Anyway, I have some treats and tea if you'd like some. But, really this is all a goodbye. I've got to head back to the capital with my love in tow. However, you are always welcomed to come stay with us and I can even see about getting you a few lessons with the Miharu while you're there if you'd like."

"Oh, and of course I'd like to be invited to your gempukku when it happens, if that's allowed. I'm not sure on your clans cultures, so I don't know if it's a private affair or not."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:16 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 pm

Unsei frowned deeply, but nodded some. "I suppose that's a good sentiment..." They admitted begrudgingly. "Well, I'm glad that you at least got them back. I expected nothing less from you." Their frown turned into a wide smile.

"Anyway, I have some treats and tea if you'd like some. But, really this is all a goodbye. I've got to head back to the capital with my love in tow. However, you are always welcomed to come stay with us and I can even see about getting you a few lessons with the Miharu while you're there if you'd like."

"Oh, and of course I'd like to be invited to your gempukku when it happens, if that's allowed. I'm not sure on your clans cultures, so I don't know if it's a private affair or not."
Wattan grinned.

"Or better yet, I could be the Topaz Champion! Then I for sure get to choose serving by your side!" she said excitedly.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:16 am
Wattan grinned.

"Or better yet, I could be the Topaz Champion! Then I for sure get to choose serving by your side!" she said excitedly.
"You're going to the Topaz Championship?" They asked, clearly surprised, but not in a bad way. "Well, I'm more than certain that you could win it, however, if you don't, then truly, don't worry. Even being one of the competitors is incredible."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:43 pm

"Well, I mean, it's a few years away and Zang-sensei hasn't told me I'm going....BUT how can I not go if Seppun-sama is going to share their ulta-special Miharu training with me?" she said, enraptured of the idea. "Just you wait, Seppun-sama, I'm gonna be the best Topaz Champion!"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:28 pm

If this was an anime, there'd be a quiet moment while Unsei looked away and cried, but this wasn't an animu so they just smiled.

"If you'd like, I could see about pulling some strings so you can go. Also, it's not my training, and the Miharu might tell me to go away, so as I said, I'll try, but don't bet on it quite yet."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:14 pm

Wattan looked up at Unsei.

"Thank you Seppun-sama. I understand if things don't work out, but I believe in you. It'll work out!"