[Day 12, Late Evening] Nightcap (Expecting/Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shiba Raizo

[Day 12, Late Evening] Nightcap (Expecting/Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:00 pm

No more sake. Not this time.

Besides having had more than enough hangovers this miai, he really did prefer the teahouse anyway.

And he gave an appreciative nod as his pot of Akina arrived.

Not sure how many more times I'll drink it, to be honest.

And really, depending on how things shake out, not sure I'd want the reminder of this... event.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [Day 12, Late Evening] Nightcap (Expecting/Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Soyokaze wandered back into the tea house after a short walk. Spotting his friend he approached and bowed. "Good evening Raizo-san, how does this evening find you? Skipping the bar tonight?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:37 pm

"Soyokaze-san! Good to see you- and yeah, I think... I've had enough of overdoing it for a while."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:39 pm

Taking a seat he sets down a small box beside him. "We haven't spoken since the duel, I again wish apologize for that entire situation and dragging you into it. How have you been you look a bit glum."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:52 pm

"Well. I've been reviewing my performance, and can safely conclude that I doubt I've impressed anyone in a position to make decisions about my future."

He refilled his teacup and glanced to see if Soyokaze wanted any.

"And with the time running out, this whole frustrating fever dream is drawing to a close."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Soyokaze's expression grew grave. "Surely the Shika can't disappoint us both. Your performance has been admirable Raizo-san, you should not worry about such things. Does she share you concerns?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:00 pm

"Not as much."

He chuckled.

"Since, being a ronin, she has no lord to answer to if she tells them to cram their match where Lady Sun's light doesn't reach."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:05 pm

"Then you have a rival for her hand or are you concerned that the Shika will randomly make you a Mantis for some reason?"
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:08 pm

"No serious rivals that I know of, but..."

He frowned.

"The process is so opaque. And I sometimes worry that they might take friendship for interest- like, Usogawa Narumi-san is a dear friend of mine, and someone I'll go so far as to say I love- but I'm not in love with her. There's actually absolutely no... chemistry there whatsoever. But I've spent enough time around her I'm not sure how the Deer will take it. And likewise, Kaikoga Koi-san and I have spent a great deal of time together, but I know her heart is with another, just as mine is."
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:18 pm

"I see, that was my concern when I found out how much time Moshumaru has been spending with...her. He told me about it to try and wound me and i pointed that out to him, now knowing what I do about his wishes I wonder if he is regretting it. I think several people here will be having the same worry. Meanwhile I'm worried because I didn't spend enough time getting to know other people."
Description