(D12, EE) Duel Date

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Seppun Yuzu

(D12, EE) Duel Date

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:09 pm

Yuzu requests the servants at the tea house to prepare a different place this time. Not anymore open to the public to see, but private. He mentions he would meet the Topaz Champion today, if she accepted.

Fortunately, the skies were open this evening. The stars painting the scene, and Lord Moon smiling above. The tea house owner herself makes sure to prepare the area, on top of the tea house, so they could watch the stars.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kakita Reina

Re: (D12, EE) Duel Date

Post by Kakita Reina » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:23 pm

It wasn't really a question of whether or not Reina would show up. Despite the viperous whispers of court, Reina knew what Courtesy demanded.

She approached the Seppun and bowed.

"Good Evening, Seppun-sama. You've chosen a very fine night to enjoy the stars." she offered poliutely.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:10 pm

He bows back to Reina and comments, "Good evening, Kakita-sama. I hope Inari-kami has been gracious." Looking to the skies and back at the Crane, he also mentions, "I intended to ask you to... eto... to invite you to... talk. Regardless. Lord Moon perhaps was kind enough to part the clouds so we could enjoy a bit more before we all depart from the miai."

The boy waves for her to sit, and then puts himself in seiza. Looking to the small table in front, the servants elegantly arrive and set them fresh sushi to nibble on, sake and some tea to be served.

After a moment of silence, the boy provides a seated bow. "I would like to apologize. The rumors are unjust, and my intention was never to smirk our Topaz Champion's good image in any way. Please, tell me how I could remedy this?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:38 pm

Reina took the offered seat and lsitened to the Seppun's words with an inclination of the head.

"No apology is necessary from you Seppun-sama. There was no outcome that would have prevented the spread of vicious rumors. If I had won, I would have been attacked for daring to strike a member of the Imperial families, if I had lost, i would have been called a failure of a duelist."

She shook her head.

"Rather than spend my efforts fighting against those who will not openly say what they mean, I would rather work towards more noble ends." she offered. "After all, those who are blessed to be in a position of power have a duty to help those who are not, wouldn't you agree?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:57 pm

He listens attentively to her words and nods. "I... agree. Setting the example no matter the cost."

The boy thinks over his actions, wondering if Reina was testing him, perhaps, by saying he have not cared as much as he should have for his opponent. It gives him an idea he would pursue later today. Suddenly, Yuzu asks, "Sake or tea?"

With his pursed lips, he adds, "Please, I am the on to show deference to the Topaz Champion. She has a higher authority here under Lord Moon and the stars, too, as invitee. Even if she weren't Champion."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:52 am

"I think it would probably be best to order tea at the tea house, Seppun-san. While I've no doubt the servants would fetch sake if it were demanded, it would tend to give some the wrong idea were it thus demanded. Something in an oolong perhaps?" she said politely.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:42 pm

Kakita Reina wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:52 am
"I think it would probably be best to order tea at the tea house, Seppun-san. While I've no doubt the servants would fetch sake if it were demanded, it would tend to give some the wrong idea were it thus demanded. Something in an oolong perhaps?" she said politely.
He scratches the back of his head and then bows apologetically, "Pardon me, Kakita-sama is right. I might be overreacting to please her." After e focusing breath, he leans forward and serves her the requested warm tea –– which was already set at the table. "I would like to know more about Kakita-sama plan's for her future. Not just her lords, but also her own. If that would be ok."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:42 pm

He scratches the back of his head and then bows apologetically, "Pardon me, Kakita-sama is right. I might be overreacting to please her." After e focusing breath, he leans forward and serves her the requested warm tea –– which was already set at the table. "I would like to know more about Kakita-sama plan's for her future. Not just her lords, but also her own. If that would be ok."
Reina nodded.

"Of course, Seppun-sama. Parft of being the Topaz Champion is the freedom to choose one's duty's for their tenure. I would like to assist the Imperial Herald in his duties in some capacity. I hope to be able to travel across the Empire, assessing where next year's Miya's blessing might be more needed. It is important for the Topaz Champion to bring inspiration to others, and that seems to me to be the best way to bring it to the far corners of the Empire." she said.

She gratefully accepted the tea.

"I assume that Seppun-sama's own duties will see him return to governor duties?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Kakita Reina wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:40 pm
-snip-
A pang of jealousy hits him for a moment, but he controls it with well trained constraint. Then he nods, "Hai. I would have to return and attend to the political and diplomatic issues of the many Embassies, as is the role of the Governor of Chisei. Specially the Crane's and the Minor Clan's for the recent future, as things are evolving."

He looks up to the moon, and mentions, "I confess I am glad Kakita-sama will be on duty to assist the Imperial Families for the next year. Hopefully far from potential disputes,"

His eyes get back to Reina, "Please, address me as -san, if she would like. I am not superior to our Topaz Champion in here."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:06 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 pm
Reina smiled.

"As you prefer Seppun-san...though the position of Topaz Champion is a fleeting one after all. By this time next year someone else will be responsible for the armor, and you'll still be the Governor of Chisei."

Reina did not know of Yuzu's true feelings on that matter, but words meant kindly likely pricked him a little bit.