[D12, MM] 7 Folds (Open)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Asahina Soyokaze

[D12, MM] 7 Folds (Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 am

Next to the window overlooking the pond sits Asahina Soyokaze, a sea of paper piled around him. Sheets of every color and thickness imaginable fight for space with a steaming pot of tea as the Crane begins to make an Origami bird.

[D12, MM] 7 Folds (Open)
Making an origami Phoenix
| TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D12, MM] 7 Folds (Open)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:01 pm

A sheet was taken from the pile of papers, Oubaihime took a seat as she started to fold the sheet. "I hope Inari no kami has blessed you this morning Soyokaze san."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:00 pm

"Greetings Oubaihime-san, indeed I have been blessed and I hope you have been as well. I am happy you have decided to join me." His eyes were filled with warmth despite his more formal tone bound as he was by Yuzu's edict in public. "Here." He slid the orange paper Phoenix over to her. "Are you a fan of origami?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:07 pm

"I have seen the Shiba artisans work the paper into such amazing thing yet I am not verse in the art." Bai smiled. "I want to learn many things and make special things for my friends."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:24 pm

"I'm not a very good teacher as you well know by now but the great thing about origami is that even if you don't make a something proper it's still a relaxing activity. Well, it can be, I knew some at the academy that took it very seriously and made it their focus and they could get quite intense."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:42 pm

The girl nodded. "I might draw inspiration from those who suround. It is better doing things in good company." He could see her struggling to make this piece.

//D12 MM Origami flower water approach | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 3 Image Image Image
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:54 pm

"Well good company is something you always bring." he picked up a another piece of paper this one Crane blue but sat back and looked out the window. "So little time left, despite all the trauma and drama I will miss this place, it's been so peaceful and relaxed. Going back to the normal samurai life will be an adjustment for me. The prospect of fixing bent yari all day seems so dull after this."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:57 pm

"Who says that? Wedding preparations do no make themselves." The Kaito giggled. "You probably will be filled with requisitions for making many trinkets for your friends." And it came to her. "Did you finish Raizo's gift?"
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:13 pm

"I have." he pulled out a small piece of cloth and opened it, revealing a token only slightly larger than a koku made of gold and inlayed with an ebony wood. One side depicted a Crane and Phoenix in tandem flight, the other side showed Kyuden Shika. "I struggled a bit deciding on the imagery but I anted it to denote our time here. Though I think the real gift will end up being Aimi's wakizashi, I finished it and delivered it to her this morning, just in time for her to wear it in the event. That sword, like your mirror was far harder for me to make than I like to admit, I think the loss of sleep nearly killed Hameko-san, thankfully she is tough. You should seek Aimi out and see it if you are friends with her. I hope for them both the Shika match them together."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:21 pm

"I have heard of the ronin girl. I guess we should meet at some point." She nodded. "It is quite wonderful that you have such token for him." She gave a light giggle. "I think I will be taking the smiting a bit more seriously now my Maiden sister could make their own arrows but I was never called to the craft until I met you."
Smells like flowers