D11EA Two Otters in a Teacup (expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Usogawa Narumi

D11EA Two Otters in a Teacup (expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:36 am

While the rain had let up, Narumi was really growing fond of the tea house and found herself there.... again.
She sat at a bench in an alcove overlooking the balcony, with a pot of Yuri on the table in front of her. Both hands hugging the cup for the warmth, she gaze reached out to the large tree but she was miles away.
She looks... plainer than usual. No special attention paid to her hair besides a simple knot at the base of her neck. Her kimono- while still fine- is not as rich or intricate as some others. Her makeup subdued.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Susaki Tanabe

Re: D11EA Two Otters in a Teacup (expecting)

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:16 pm

Tanabe on the opposite hand had not yet been to the tea house in the almost two weeks he had been in the village. The big Otter came in and wandered about looking to see what he had been missing out on.

"Narumi-san!" Came the exuberant bellowing voice she wasn't overly familiar with but likely would have a hard time mistaking. Tanabe came closer wearing his own plain kimono that didn't quite fit but somehow just emphasized his size rather than look bad.

He gave her a once over and a bright smile, in contrast to Narumi being somewhat plainer Tanabe seemed to be glowing a little "How are you cousin? I've seen too far little of you these past days." He said happily.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:24 pm

She looks about quickly at the call of her name, and smiles easily at the sight of the large Otter. She ticks her head to invite him to sit. "Please, Tanabe-san, won't you join me? It's good to see you again, you look... really good, actually if I can be honest," she smirked lightly, and lifted the teapot to pour him a cup without question. "Yasu-san suits you," she says more quietly when she's done pouring, but her face wears a wider smile.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:14 pm

Tanabe moved to sit across his clanmate with a nod of thanks his smile not dimming a touch and maybe even growing a bit brighter at the mention of Yasu "Thank you Narumi-san." He said taking the tea and sipping it. He was no tea expert and was easily pleased so a satisfied hum came from him.

He eyed her a bit closer "you seem, well certainly beautiful as always but, less bright than usual. Is everything ok friend?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:18 pm

"Oh, hm, it's just a lot on my mind, and it's weighing heavily on my heart..." She presses her lips into a line before wincing at the flare of pain and releasing, and ticks an eyebrow upward. "Such is how it is, but I very much don't enjoy not having a distinct plan."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:44 am

Tanabe gave her a gentle look "is it something you want to talk about? Heart stuff can be heavy and well I know we don't know each other that well but...I'm happy to listen or give any help that I can."

He noticed the wince and gave her a half serious half joking look "do I need to smash any heads?" He asked indicating the split lip.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:01 am

"I don't know how much there is to discuss. A lot of what's bothering me is out of my hands, and really at the end of the day, it's all out of our hands and up to the Shika to decide where we end up, isn't it? Just... seemingly simple questions like 'what do I want?' are a lot more complicated than I ever imagined they'd be."

She raises an eyebrow at his offer and laughs lightly before shaking her head. "Oh.. no.. just a bit of misadventure gone awry. Thank you though."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:44 am

Tanabe nodded "Well like you said can't help with uncertainty. We're all dealing that I'd say." He gave her a sympathetic look knowing that that same uncertainty was something he'd been dealing with for the last few days as well.

"But figuring out what you want? That I can maybe be more helpful with." He said with a smile sipping the tea again "if you wanted another's perspective on it that is."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:47 pm

She nodded a few times, and dropped her gaze, thinking things over quickly for a moment, on how to break everything down most succinctly.
"Consider two paths. One leads me back to our rivers with my husband, the other leads me further into the mainland and a world I'm unfamiliar with."
She traces her index fingers each on the table, leading in two different directions. "The way back to the river is calm and quiet, peaceful and secure... but also surprisingly fun. It takes me as I am. Frustrating at times, but endearingly so. It's straight-foreward without being flowery and um.. it just clicks. While not without it's challenges, I'm happy to meet them.

"The mainland is wrought with passion and reservation at once, but also.. um, confusion. It's challenging, and almost-impossibly complicated and also frustrating, in an entirely different way than the first. It's rocky and sometimes.. like now.. I don't know where I stand on it, but when I do? It's the best feeling in the world. I don't want to be anywhere else."
After a moment, she taps both fingers on the table before retrieving her cup of tea again. "I don't know what to do, Tanabe-san. And at the same time, all this stress and worry could ultimately be for nothing."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Tanabe listened nodding a little as she spoke here and there when she finished he was quite for a few moments taking a sip of his tea. Taking the time for consideration "Well new and challenging can be exciting but I think you have to figure out if the challenges and changes are worth it or if they are good changes."

"Comfortable is nice and someone who takes you as you are can be hard to find. It's one of the things that I love most about Yasu-chan. She doesn't shy away from the bad things about me, where I come from, she wants to know about my downfalls, the ugly side of our upbringing. Of course a match with her will bring changes but she's warned me away from them. Warned me to only devote myself to her if I want these changes. She makes no demands of me. She accepts me for the man I am and I love her for it." He tries to explain his feelings.

"I can see why this would be hard and I can't tell you exactly what to do only you can really look into your heart but look at the struggles with both, the pain they would cause. Is it the pain of growth, a pain that let's you become the best version of you? Or the pain of force, the pain that comes from trying to be something you aren't." He offers with a soft smile