D11EA Two Otters in a Teacup (expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Usogawa Narumi

Re: D11EA Two Otters in a Teacup (expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:48 pm

"No, I don't mean to sound better than the rest of the clan," she rubs her temple lightly and sighs, frowning.
"I know full well what we don't have in comparison to the Great Clans, and I don't need reminding, thank you." she bristled at the disapproving tone from him.
"I'm also not looking down on where I come from, I chose my words poorly but ears may be listening... and I'm already walking on ice for what I've done here in our early days as guests," she lowers her voice to barely above a whisper and leans forward. "Without my expressed regret to those who might hear and report to the Shika, without my doing what's asked of me, I risk my standing here."

Narumi sits back and returns to normal conversation, inner walls high, but a polite smile sits on her lips.
"So you understand my want to be what he sees when he looks at me."

(also chalk backtracking up to narumi's player completely forgetting/overlooking how low her honour actually is!)
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:59 pm

If the bristling affected Tanabe he didn't show it a cool friendly vibe never stopped radiating off him "No I'm sorry I shouldn't lecture. I'm just a guard, the Usogawa lead us and we trust in their wisdom." He replied with a nod of his head.

Though he did frown again looking to Narumi "Though does he know?" Tanabe asked with a raised eyebrow "you make it sound like he is coming to us if this goes through, is he....aware of what he's getting into?" Tanabe asked carefully after Narumi pointed out listening ears. The stigma they had gained was not wholly undeserved and Otter guards typically had to look the other way frequently.
Last edited by Susaki Tanabe on Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:28 pm

"Hai, the Usogawa lead us and we trust in their wisdom."
She repeats his words and takes a deep breath. "I'll give him the opportunity to choose differently, if his honour exceeds what we sometimes ignore for the sake of what must be done."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands