D11 LA Catching Up with Friends (Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Aimi

D11 LA Catching Up with Friends (Expecting)

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:07 pm

The rain outside is still persistent, a constant ugly drizzle that makes time in the gardens or the forest seem like an unpleasant proposition, so instead Aimi makes her way to the tea house. A private table tucked away to one side, a cup of something fairly cheap yet fortifying to keep her warm, and all that was left to do was wait patiently.

She'd scarcely crossed paths with Koi for the last few days, and frankly, she rather thought some time with an old friend would be good for both of them. Perhaps they could even exchange gossip like the old days. So she'd sent a private letter asking to meet, and now... now she just had to wait.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Re: D11 LA Catching Up with Friends (Expecting)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 pm

Koi arrived in a bit of a fluster, she had a heimin keeping pace with her before she waved them away at the entrance but also the nonchalant Shika guard that was a mixture of a taller, potbellied, bug-eyed, japanese version of Steve Buscemi.

Entering, Koi had changed yet again tonight she wore a very beautiful kimono in her clan colours of lilacs and silvers but had a pattern of soft greens, pinks and purples of Lunar moths taking flight (Lunar Moth's being her clans patron animal).

She noticed Aimi before coming over to her, and surprisingly would pull her friend into a hug similar to a particular Dragon at the event. "Aimi-chan! My dear it has been so long...what are we drinking?" She sniffed the tea and made a nose. "Want me to get us something nicer?" She said that more as a friend, not as a way to insult someone kind if a Rokugani version of ordering the next round.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:24 pm

"Ah, Koi-chan, please feel free," Aimi says with a grin, accepting the hug and the offer to get better tea. She's wearing the other woman's gift to her, the autumnal design with the copper leaves, and her hair is held in place by the beautiful pin in its wooden sheathe. "It's been too long since we had a chance to sit down and talk, so..."

She pauses, glancing at the bushi that appears to be following her friend around. "Are we... ordering three cups, or?"

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:30 pm

Koi was smiling at looking at Aimi, she motioned to a servant and ordered a rather higher priced tea than she would normally get perhaps a good reason?

"You look beautiful, Aimi-chan. Where did you find that kimono from and that hair piece?" She said curiously, carefully not to give away it came from her.

She nodded, and joked softly. "By the stars, it has been a spell. I have been wanting to take you away from Raizo-san just for a moment but I worried his brain might drain away of blood too swiftly thinking I wanted a moment alone with you."

She glanced at Genkai. "No, Genkai-san doesnt drink tea it gives him an upset stomach and I will never be able to put him down for bed later." She leant closer. "Ignore him."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:24 pm

"The kimono was a gift from an... anonymous admirer," Aimi says with a wry smile, taking her seat again. If Koi wanted to play coy, well, that was her prerogative. "The hair piece was from Raizo-san. It turns out he can be quite the romantic, once you dig past the layers of cynical disdain and general surliness."

She chuckles. "If all works out, I shall have to thank you for properly introducing us. Though I think I might... misremember the circumstances, so to speak. In polite company."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Koi smiled, and leant forward. "I have good taste in kimonos don't I?" She couldn't let it slide without commenting as she thoroughly thought Aimi looked beautiful in it. She looked at the wooden sheath but didnt comment on that, that was going to Raizo-san victory. He needed it.

The Moth chuckled. "He is a wonderfully compassionate man when he isn't being a bit sour at his luck, it is quite amusing how this event seems to swing too and from in luck prospective."

Her eye twinkled. "I didn't do anything that was fate for you to meet him, and fate will keep you together."

Koi's face grew serious as she sat before her friend before placing her hands ontop of Aimi's softly.

"I have been made the Imperial Secretary of Minor Clan Relations for the Governor Seppun Yuzu as of yesterday, and I have been advised to begin forming a team to work directly with me in the future." Her jade eyes, flickered as she spoke. "I believe that the Fortunes have drawn you into my life again, and I can not ignore that. I want you to become my right hand, your...personal circumstances and your potential connection to the Great Clan would hold a great service to me in the future. Imagine the good we could do together?"

Koi continued. "I am forming a list for the young Lord's approval, and once you are married I think it would be a good opportunity for you."

There is a playful smile. "Do not tell Raizo-san yet, as I want to see his face expression I plan to offer him to become my yojimbo should his Lord approve."

D11 LA Pushing Seppun Yuzu Agenda. Courtesy/Water. | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0

2Opportunity symbol to sound impressive.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 pm
"I have been made the Imperial Secretary of Minor Clan Relations for the Governor Seppun Yuzu as of yesterday, and I have been advised to begin forming a team to work directly with me in the future." Her jade eyes, flickered as she spoke. "I believe that the Fortunes have drawn you into my life again, and I can not ignore that. I want you to become my right hand, your...personal circumstances and your potential connection to the Great Clan would hold a great service to me in the future. Imagine the good we could do together?"

Koi continued. "I am forming a list for the young Lord's approval, and once you are married I think it would be a good opportunity for you."

There is a playful smile. "Do not tell Raizo-san yet, as I want to see his face expression I plan to offer him to become my yojimbo should his Lord approve."

D11 LA Pushing Seppun Yuzu Agenda. Courtesy/Water. | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0

2Opportunity symbol to sound impressive.
Aimi raises her eyebrows in surprise. "Truly? An... important appointment, it seems. And one that puts you in the capital, no less."

She sips her tea for a moment, mulling it over. "What would this position involve, then? As your right hand."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Koi nodded, sipping her tea and chuckled. "Wouldn't even believe me if I told you the situation that caused this."

The Moth said calmly. "You would be my representative, my aide. You would help me with meeting minor clans and other bushi's, preparing meetings and learning information about them prior to arrival. Go where I can't go, meet with those I can't. You would work with my left hand, and help do a lot of good for Minor clans within the Govenor's lands - in addition - without mentioning it to Lord Seppun should I need to make contact with Ronin, I would use you as a representative. Also, you would be my back up in social encounters and activities. My eyes and ears."

She explained delicately before reaching out to touch her friend's hand. "I was fated to meet you again at this miai, I want you to be close to me - a friend. Someone I can trust. There would be more to come with tasks but that is the general jist of it. I could give this job to those in my Clan and they would fuck it up 9/10 times, I have faith you and I could do great things."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Aimi drums her fingers on the table in thought for a long moment, studying her friend. Then, slowly, she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, Koi-chan," she says with a sigh, "But that sounds... like your line of work, not mine. I'm not looking to do good for the minor clans, and frankly the idea of spending so much time around the Seppun and their courts... it terrifies me. How long would it take, do you think, before some cunning courtier tried digging into my past in search of something to bend me to their will? Until all the pressures of duty and station trapped me in another gilded cage?"

She shakes her head. "I know you trust me, and that's why you thought of me for this, but I'm not... I'm not a good choice for this."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Koi said softly. "Do you think I am suited for this as well? Aimi-chan? You know my past, and what I have done. How do you think I would do? I am no more trapped than you. By the stars, up to a year ago..I had.."

Abandoned my clan. She thought.

Koi took a deep breath. "I need your help, I haven't a clue of I am going to things well but I think with you at my side I might be able to survive this. Plus.."

"Plus I plan to ask Shiba Raizo to be my yojimbo if you agree to be my aid. Should you not wed him, I will put things into place so that you at least get to spend the rest of your life with him." She said softly. "Worse case scenerio, you marry me and I am happy for you to spend your days with him. All I ask, is you to trust me and accept my offer."

Koi turns and places her head onto the floor bowing. "Let me give you a good a life as I can give you."