[D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:28 pm

Hikimasu was cleaning up his small table at the Blushing Maiden after having played a friendly game with a Shika who had seen him playing with the board alone. He hadn't won, but that wasn't a big concern. He'd learned something new about a stranger and perhaps that was the only important thing to him.

He had come to enjoy games a little more since his time here, but perhaps that was due to who he had the chance to play with. He sighed. Was he going to marry this girl? He hoped so, but also there were random thoughts about others as well, even still. Perhaps it was just his nerves, trying to put him in a never ending cycle of doubt and second guessing.

He chuckled to himself and waved to the servant for more tea as he put the pieces back into their cups.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Edogawa

Re: [D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting)

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:34 pm

It was an interesting sight. For all the times he had sat alone studying a go board, he had not encountered another doing the same.

"Good afternoon, Shosuro-sama. My name is Kitsuki Edogawa." he introduced himself. "May I join you?"
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:49 pm

The Scorpion looked up and his flat, dead gaze met the Kitsuki's.

Oh, that's right. There were three of them.

He bowed in return. "You are welcome to, Kitsuki-san", he said with pleasantry that didn't match his eyes. "Shosuro Hikimasu, at your service." He cleared a little more space away, and seemed as if he might move the go board to allow them more table. "I've met some of your kin in my time here, did you travel here together?" he asked.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:03 pm

He shook his head as he sat down. "I traveled alone. I do a lot of things alone, to be honest, including playing go."
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:05 pm

He placed the board back down. "In that case:, he said and turned to the approaching servant. "More tea, and whatever my companion would like."

When it was dealt with, an eybrow shifted. "White or black?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:15 pm

"Iron Benten." he said to the servant, before turning his attention to the board. "White."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:29 pm

"Very gracious, I accept", and he began. Hikimasu's style was a bit aggressive, looking to test his opponent's ability. He seemed not quite on his game, however.

OOC
D11 MA, go vs Edogawa, scheme/shuji action, distinction | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
Failed roll to win, but opps give me some data. Can PM me any mental distinction/hindrances pls
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:00 pm

Edogawa used a fluid style, adapting quickly to the Scorpion's aggressive manuevers.

"How have you found your time here, Shosuro-sama?"

- - -
[D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting), Playing Go vs Hikimasu | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 pm

"Not without it's challenges", he said, likely referring just as much to the Go board as the question at hand. "I have been courting a few very enticing people, and I wonder as time goes on whether they will decide I am worthy of them, or if perhaps the Shika might convince one of them so."

He put down the last piece he had to make any kind of play with, but he was simply allowing the Kitsuki to finish the game properly.

"Fortune in the events has been kind to me, which I am to this very moment eleven days in, still utterly baffled by yet ultimately thankful for, I can't say I have much to complain over." Which was true, and did terrify him a bit, but having a great poker face which a mask hid half of was helpful there.

"How would you rate things for yourself, Kitsuki-san?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:50 pm

"I'm not sure." he admitted. "I've kept mostly to myself, which is a bad habit at a miai. I've performed adequately in the tests, overall, but I don't know what that will mean for me in the end."

He would finish the game at a leisurely pace, focusing more on the conversation as time went by.