[D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D11, MA] Go for Tea (Open/Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:10 pm

He thought about that and shook his head.

"I have to say, whenever I hear a comment like that, and I know this may sound strange coming from a Scorpion, it simply tells me someone is choosing how they can lose. Nothing ventured, nothing gain i suppose I would put up in answer to that. There is no victory in not trying, unless your victory is personal with someone else who is playing, and they happen to lose badly."

He shrugged and kept studying the board.

"Yet at that point you are only a spectator in someone else's drama."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:43 pm

"It depends on what you are playing for." He shrugged. "What do you consider a win? Elimination of your opponents? A winning record? Ending the game with more than you started it with? Simple enjoyment? A good conversation? When this is all over, who will win the miai? It really shouldn't be thought of as a game, but with the tests we've been given, it could be seen as such."
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:46 pm

"I recognize that, as I said, you can be happy with your choices", the Scorpion allowed and made his move. "Yet it isn't winning a game."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:32 pm

"True enough." he nodded. "There is an undeniable satisfaction in winning, regardless of the surrounding circumstances, even if it isn't your goal."
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:36 pm

He graciously didn't act smarmy at the Kitsuki seeing his point. Instead, he kept playing the game, but he thought of something he'd seen before.

"That item you carry, a toy of some sort? Drawing string to play a game with it, what is it called?"

he had obviously never seen a yo-yo before.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:57 pm

"I believe it belonged to the ancestor I spoke of." he withdrew the wooden toy from his sleeve. "They aren't very common, but I have come across a few references to yo-yos. There are some suggestions that they originate with the Unicorn or the Mantis, or perhaps the Yobanjin, but I think it's something that could have come from anywhere."

The pair of discs spun out from his hand. Sitting down, he couldn't simply let it drop to the floor. The string wrapped around the fingers of both of his hands, allowing the yo-yo to spin freely between them. Then he spun it around and pulled it back, winding the string back as it returned to his palm.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:11 pm

"That's quite impressive", he said, eyebrows up showing his attention, even if his eyes were flat. "As you mention it may have uncertain origin, perhaps even foreign, how do you feel about other gaijin items? Perhaps those used for entertainment?"

Agenda ambush FAIL
Agenda with Edogawa. Adversity | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Use ops to be subtle so others don't see his shame.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 pm

"I am always curious to see new things." There was definite interest in his voice.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:23 pm

"Well, after the miai, there will be an event of sorts", he told the Dragon. "Keep your ears and mind open, though something tells me a Kitsuki will do just that."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:30 pm

"Now I'm even more curious." he chuckled. "I look forward to it, whatever it is."