[D10LM] Meeting the (otter) nakodo (Expecting)

A pleasant, rustic tea house
Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D10LM] Meeting the (otter) nakodo (Expecting)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:25 am

"Getting direct favors from Musubi? Uncommon for sure, but not that unusual, especially if the Shika are direct descendants of that Fortune. I think each clan has in some capacity the ability to obtain favors from their divine parents.

I'm not familiar with the history of the Otter, but, from your mood, I guess your clan has yet to count a Kami or a Fortune among their honored ancestors. Well, never too late to begin."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:41 pm

She gave a tempered smile at that, "I don't pretend to know what's really going on here. I'm sorry, you came to me looking for answers, and instead find none."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:51 pm

"You have nothing to be ashamed for, I was basically asking for the impossible. If any participant in their miai could learn the Shika trade secrets in one week, their expertise wouldn't be valued as much as it is in the slightest.

It would be as if someone who's never ridden more than a pony was suddenly thrown in the Unicorn steppes and given three days to find a horse, tame them and ride them home. Good luck with that."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Narumi smiled bitterly, and shook her head. "Is there anything I can help you with? I realize we're entering the endgame, but if there's anything I can do..."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:03 pm

"Well...

Can you get Matsu Ishioka off my back?

For some reason, he has decided to declare himself matchmaker and to try to arrange a 'favorable match' for me.

I sent him packing with a sharp comeback of course, but I fear I'll try again and that I won't resist the temptation of having my horse trample him if he does. And I don't want to inflict extra cleaning duty upon our hosts."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:06 pm

"Has he? Huh." Narumi sits with that for a moment. "Of course I can talk to him, it would be my pleasure."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:20 pm

"Thanks. I don't think he was trying to do harm, but it's just the worst moment ever for a Lion to play matchmaker with a Unicorn. That's literally the cause of the war brewing up!

Even though members of the Crane, the Lion and the Unicorn have all been quite nice to each other during this miai, some limits have to be hard set to keep it that way.

Actually, I was wondering... The main rivers of Rokugan are also borders between clans, soon to be traversed back and forth by troops, supplies, booty. Won't that impact the Otter directly?"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:28 pm

She nodded along, and then narrowed her eyes lightly, "That's really more of a question for Emiko-sama, she'd know better than me. I'm just a nakodo."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:00 pm

"You're a person that may have to live through a war. You're concerned, no matter how much you would rather not be. Not saying you have any decision power in the matter – neither have I – but you still have to prepare for it.

For me for example, it's, among other things, getting used to the weather and the terrain east of Khanbulak, as I'm not likely to return in the desert any soon."