D9LM A blessing sought (closed)

Home to Deer clan samurai
Usogawa Narumi

Re: D9LM A blessing sought (closed)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:54 am

"Hai, I can tell already, and look forward to the change," she responded, albeit a bit quieter, more thoughtful.
"One more thing... A few of the candidates and I have noticed some of our fellows have perhaps been a little more introverted, or found it challenging to make connections with one another. While we understand the Shika will ultimately be the arbiters of fate in regards to our future, still, this miai is a unique opportunity to forge alliances that might otherwise be inaccessible. Beyond that, it's our nature to form small circles and cliques and it can sometimes narrow ones interactions with others..
A new but rather close friend asked me if I could ask you if it wouldn't be treading on the Deer's proverbial toes were we to hold a get-together at Uguisu’s Song? A chance to sort of mix things up, to rearrange the usual and comfortable cliques, and see if any new and surprising relationships form as a result?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:42 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:54 am
"Hai, I can tell already, and look forward to the change," she responded, albeit a bit quieter, more thoughtful.
"One more thing... A few of the candidates and I have noticed some of our fellows have perhaps been a little more introverted, or found it challenging to make connections with one another. While we understand the Shika will ultimately be the arbiters of fate in regards to our future, still, this miai is a unique opportunity to forge alliances that might otherwise be inaccessible. Beyond that, it's our nature to form small circles and cliques and it can sometimes narrow ones interactions with others..
A new but rather close friend asked me if I could ask you if it wouldn't be treading on the Deer's proverbial toes were we to hold a get-together at Uguisu’s Song? A chance to sort of mix things up, to rearrange the usual and comfortable cliques, and see if any new and surprising relationships form as a result?"
Pei Pei nodded.

"Of course. Such events are a mainstay of such gatherings. It also shows good signs as far as one's political inclination goes. Winter courts offer grand events and gatherings, but it's the smaller private parties where the alliances are formed and deals are made. Assuming that the planned end for such an evening isn't running away with each other as ronin, I see no reason to object to such a gathering."
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:24 pm

She smiles wider at Pei Pei-sama's joke... It was a joke, right?
"The approval of Shika-sama is most welcome, and this one is incredibly grateful." From her sleeve, she produces a brick of tea wrapped in rice paper.
"Cherry blossom tea, as my thanks for the invitation, and my unending gratitude for your intervention and blessing of a harmonious match to come." she lowers her gaze differentially.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:24 am

One handwaved and appropriate game of refusals later.

"It is a lovely gift, Usogawa-san." she offered with a bow. "As pleasant as the conversation is, though, my duties do require my attention elsewhere."
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”