[D4, LA, Closed] In the Den of the Shika.

Home to Deer clan samurai
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D4, LA, Closed] In the Den of the Shika.

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 am

"Oh, ah, I actually do not know where it's going to be located. That is left up to Moto-san and I have to divine where it is, as this gathering is also a bit of a test of skill." They admitted with a bit of an awkward chuckle.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Renji seemed amused.

"So you've come to ask permission to hold an event about divining that you have not yet yourself divined where it will happen? I have to say, Seppun-san, that is the most polite use of divination I've ever heard of: divining when to ask permission."

He looked thoughtful a moment.

"As long as it held in a place that you are allowed to be already, and does not significantly inconvenience others, you may do so. A champion's word is a heavy thing. I do not think you would use it to hold your meeting in the middle of a play on stage, but since it could be used that way, I would be careless if I did not make it explicit that it should be used with care."
Deer Clan Champion * Lord of Kyuden Shika * The White Deer * Elegant

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:51 pm

They bowed their head humbly. "We do try our best to be polite when we can. I do not think we shall take up anywhere important either. Likely the forest or perhaps the common room of the inn, but I do not know what Moto-san has in mind. However, she is no doubt to be respectful about her choices. We both humbly thank you for allowing us to host this event in your Kyuden."

Then they opened their divination kit, revealing the various items and trinkets in there, but then withdrew their favored method, gemstones. Each one was a different gem and cut into a different style. On each side was a different constellation or symbol.

"It is up to you, but would you like a simple draw or a more in depth one? All that changes is the amount of stones rolled." They paused. "However, we could also do cards if you rathered?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:17 pm

Renji smiled.

"I'm at your disposal, Seppun-san, and will trust your instincts as to which method would be best suited for this meeting." he demurred.

"The Unicorn and the Crane must come together if we are to restore balance to the Empire."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 pm

They thought about it for a moment, but then nodded. "Stones then. Five stone spread. This will show the past, the present, and the current future. The two other stones shall be unseen influences and hidden potential... Unless... you have an issue weighing on your mind or perhaps even... communication difficulties? Reading fortunes is not only about seeing the potential future, but it can also be used to help figure out other issues as well. Even yes or no questions or general forecasts for the day or month." As they asked this, they spoke softly and appeared as harmless as they could. After all, they did truly only wish to help in what way they could, rather than just wasting their time doing a fancy trick for the champ.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:13 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 pm
They thought about it for a moment, but then nodded. "Stones then. Five stone spread. This will show the past, the present, and the current future. The two other stones shall be unseen influences and hidden potential... Unless... you have an issue weighing on your mind or perhaps even... communication difficulties? Reading fortunes is not only about seeing the potential future, but it can also be used to help figure out other issues as well. Even yes or no questions or general forecasts for the day or month." As they asked this, they spoke softly and appeared as harmless as they could. After all, they did truly only wish to help in what way they could, rather than just wasting their time doing a fancy trick for the champ.
Renji smiled.

"I do not think there is a clan champion alive today who does not have some issue weighing on their mind, Seppun-san. While the Deer do not face the difficulties that some, such as the Crane, must face this year, we have our own problems. And a champion must shoulder such burdens with all their strength." he offered.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:13 am
Renji smiled.

"I do not think there is a clan champion alive today who does not have some issue weighing on their mind, Seppun-san. While the Deer do not face the difficulties that some, such as the Crane, must face this year, we have our own problems. And a champion must shoulder such burdens with all their strength." he offered.
"This is very true. Well then... Roll three dice while thinking on the issue. One die will be option one. The second being the second option. The third will be something that needs to be considered. Truth be told though, I've always have found the three dice spread to be insightful and surprisingly versatile. I hope it shall give you some help." They offered out their ten multi-faceted dice, letting Renji choose which three he wanted to roll.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:23 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:21 pm

"This is very true. Well then... Roll three dice while thinking on the issue. One die will be option one. The second being the second option. The third will be something that needs to be considered. Truth be told though, I've always have found the three dice spread to be insightful and surprisingly versatile. I hope it shall give you some help." They offered out their ten multi-faceted dice, letting Renji choose which three he wanted to roll.
Renji looked over the dice carefully. After all, you didn't want dice that didn't behave properly. In the end, he picked the three dice he felt most in tune with.

His eyes closed in thought on the issue, he released them, the dice clattering as they hit the table, coming to rest for the astrologer to read.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Unsei looked over them and then back to Renji and then back to the dice and then back to Renji and then finally back to the dice.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuck? What kinda issues is this man having? Bruh... Everything just reads for him to walk the fuck away.

"I see." Was all that they said at first. "It's not... terrible. It does seem like you're at a rather... unpleasant spot."

"For your first option... Walking away in search of higher ideals. There is a little known story of a man who was raised a prince, but sacrificed his royal life in order to become a monk, leading a life of spirituality. This also... well... some also take it as meaning that someone is looking for an escape or even escaping from all that is going on in the world in order to look inside and introspect."

"Second option... Is ignoring all of that and having a good time. The Fortune of gambling, but even they promote friendship, parties, and community... If you don't let it become an addiction anyway... Also, uh, it might mention a bit of fornication, so take that as how you will. I'm-I'm not getting my nose into that one, not with you-" Unless you wanna invite me to that sorta thing with you, and maybe your probably equally hot wife, hot deer man... They hornily thought to themself. "-But..." They shrugged a bit. "It is a sub-category of the overall nature of parties and celebrations and such. Just, overall, having a good time."

"And something to be considered... This is also along the lines of walking away. The Mantis clan was formed by the wife of the Clan champion of the Crab leaving with her son in search of a better future. This is sort of something vaguely similar. It's about healing and moving forwards in life, but can also be seen as, in it's most simple nature, just... escaping. Leaving behind something tumultuous for stability and peace of mind."

"Now, as I always say, the stars are ever changing. Our fates within them rarely stay the same forever, or at least, what happens between the beginning and the end often changes. So what's read now could be different later."

And during all of it, Unsei seemed as harmless as a little, small Seppun-messenger just trying to do their job.

Shika Renji

Post by Shika Renji » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:33 pm

Renji nodded.

"It's not an unreasonable reading, Seppun-san." he admitted. "After all, the Deer are founded by two who walked away from the Crane clan. There are certainly those who would advise that we keep walking away from the Crane clan. Others would argue that it's time to walk away from being a minor clan and rejoin the Crane."

Renji allowed a moment of silence to follow that point.

"But I've always found that while it's important to know when to move away, it's equally important to reflect on where you are moving to, Climbing a tree to escape a bear is certainly away...but not a very productive to."

He looks at Unsei curiously.

"What about you, Seppun-san? Have you divined where you are heading to?"