[D3, LM: Pei Pei's Office] I Have an Appointment (Closed)

Home to Deer clan samurai
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D3, LM: Pei Pei's Office] I Have an Appointment (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Hikimasu went to the castle upper levels after the kemari event, still more or less bewildered and shivering at what he saw. He hoped people would forget it soon. He had to see Pei Pei.

Well, no...he wanted to.

Not like that.

He was trying to talk himself out of it when he get to her door. He tried to remind himself that his meeting with her over the nature of his ancestors went well, and to his knowledge he hadn't done anything horrible in front of her, or misbehaved really in general. She was a prickly woman perhaps, but a professional. She'd at least listen. He nodded and scratched on her door.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Pei Pei

Re: [D3, LM: Pei Pei's Office] I Have an Appointment (Closed)

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:20 pm

"Enter" Pei Pei said.

She was sat behind her desk, with several bundles of scrolls. She rolled up the one she was looking at just as the Scorpion entered. She rose and gave him an appropriate bow.

"Bayushi-san, come in. Is there something that is troubling you?" she asked, assuming this was not a personal call.
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:28 pm

Do I correct her? Great...

"Shika-sama, this one is Shosuro Hikimasu", he bowed, trying to pretend she didn't get his family name wrong. "I have something to discuss, yes...though to say it's troubling might be untrue."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:41 pm

Pei Pei blinked at that.

"Ah, my apologies, Shosuro-san. I thought Bayushi-san was on my calendar today, so when I saw your red and black colors enter, I thought it was he." she offered with an apologetic bow.

She gestured at the work before her.

"While I do have much to do, Shosuro-san, I would not be a very good matchmaker if I did not make time to listen to the concerns of my candidates, troubling or not. Please, take a seat and let's discuss. Through forgive the lack of tea. It would be most unfortunate to risk these documents to their casual ravages."

“Now, pour the tea.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:50 pm

He sat down softly, keeping his back straight. He had to visibility restrain the impulse to put his cup down. Old habits.

He cleared his throat.

"Thank you", he started. "Giving me some time is appreciated." He spoke carefully, not letting anything in particular show. He was a little nervous, but mostly due to him not wanting to screw this up, not particularly of Pei Pei's presence.

"Shika-sama, I have a question regarding your clan and their views on entertainment. I understand from the plays I've seen, the Shika might be considered more progressive, but what kind of music do they consider the best?" He asked. "Ah, that is, would you say your clan is renowned for a style?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:00 pm

Pei Pei considered that.

"There are a great many songs that would fit the Deer's tastes. You can visualize the gentle strumming of the strings, the high trills of the woodwinds or the low constant beat of the drum. However I would probably say that the most fitting of all music for the Deer is a duet between two different instruments. The contrasts and compliments are truly a wonderful thing to behold when performed correctly." she offered. "Are you particularly musically-inclined, Shosuro-san?"

“Now, pour the tea.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:04 pm

"I am a Shosuro, performance is required, but i am uncertain if I could be called inclined", he told her. "Though this is about music. Would our hosts be against instruments that aren't traditional, perhaps experimental?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:32 pm

A small shrug from Pei Pei.

"Kyuden Shika often serves as a staging ground for such. Popular enough to have a decent and diverse audience, remote enough that failures can be easily written off." she said.

“Now, pour the tea.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:43 pm

That is a good point.

"Would it be impossible that a performer could perhaps receive an endorsement of some kind, to calm fears a certain method of music might be too exotic?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Pei Pei frowned at that.

"One does not give such an endorsement without a demonstration of what they are endorsing." she countered. "But if the performer is truly concerned about this, a private audience would be a wise choice."

“Now, pour the tea.”