(D6, LM) Checking for loose threads (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Bayushi Mitsu

(D6, LM) Checking for loose threads (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:04 am

On the sixth day, Bayushi was once again staring at the paintings - only not from so far away, this time. Hands clasped behind his back, he tilted his head slightly as he looked at the sixth painting.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: (D6, LM) Checking for loose threads (Open)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:08 am

Hajime, meanwhile, had moved to the others, quietly checking to make sure they had not been tampered with.

"I take it Shika-san was informative, then, Bayushi-sama?" he said by way of opening conversation.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:09 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:08 am
Hajime, meanwhile, had moved to the others, quietly checking to make sure they had not been tampered with.

"I take it Shika-san was informative, then, Bayushi-sama?" he said by way of opening conversation.
The Scorpion nodded to the Dragon. "Informative enough, one supposes. I wish to meet his friend, Shika Buncho - just to...satisfy a curiosity?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Hajime smiled warmly. "I share your sentiment, Bayushi-sama, being a questioning sort of creature myself. Can we expect this Buncho here?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:28 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm
Hajime smiled warmly. "I share your sentiment, Bayushi-sama, being a questioning sort of creature myself. Can we expect this Buncho here?"
"I'm sure we can find him around here somewhere."

[Air/Courtesy check to ask around about Buncho and Muneyoki, and any strange goings on with them, without alluding directly to the "prank", and perhaps speak to Buncho himself if he's around; using the opportunity to act subtly]
(D6, LM) Asking around about Shika Buncho and Shika Muneyoki - Courtesy (Air) TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:49 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:28 am
Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 pm
"I'm sure we can find him around here somewhere."

[Air/Courtesy check to ask around about Buncho and Muneyoki, and any strange goings on with them, without alluding directly to the "prank", and perhaps speak to Buncho himself if he's around; using the opportunity to act subtly]
(D6, LM) Asking around about Shika Buncho and Shika Muneyoki - Courtesy (Air) TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
After tlaked to a few people, Mitsu encounters an old servant woman.

"Oh, Muneyoki-sama and Buncho-sama? Such good friends ever since childhood. Though they do have a somewhat competitive nature. Been playing pranks on each other for yeaaars. You should have seen The Great Sandal War. They couldn't have been more than 8 when they figured out that they could sabotage each other's sandals by sawing through the straps. Weeks of falling onto their faces before being ordered to stop by their parents for all the ruined footwear."

She shook her head.

"But then Buncho-sama got the idea of rather than cutting the sandals' straps, he could just slowly replace Muneyoki's sanals with smaller and smaller pairs trying to convince him that his feet were rapidly expanding. Muneyoki-sama caught on though, and rather than let on that he knew, he started replacing Buncho-sama's kimono's with smaller and smaller garments."

She nodded towards a door in the corridor.

"Buncho-sama's room is over there, samurai-samas, but he's not there right now. Off with his fiancee dontcha know."
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 am

Saibankan wrote:"Buncho-sama's room is over there, samurai-samas, but he's not there right now. Off with his fiancee dontcha know."
"Oh, Buncho-sama is getting married?"

He wondered if that might have something to do with it. Alternatively, Muneyoki might have put them on to Buncho to give Buncho shit. Or maybe it was both things...

"To whom?"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:18 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 am
Saibankan wrote:"Buncho-sama's room is over there, samurai-samas, but he's not there right now. Off with his fiancee dontcha know."
"Oh, Buncho-sama is getting married?"

He wondered if that might have something to do with it. Alternatively, Muneyoki might have put them on to Buncho to give Buncho shit. Or maybe it was both things...

"To whom?"
"Pretty little ronin gal by the name of Yukiko. Sharp tracker that one, plenty skilled in the woods." she reveals.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:42 am

Saibankan wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:18 am

"Pretty little ronin gal by the name of Yukiko. Sharp tracker that one, plenty skilled in the woods." she reveals.
"Oh, how lovely"
narrator wrote:He did not think it was lovely.
"I take it everyone is pleased with the match?"

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:56 am

The old woman nodded.

"Oh yes indeed. The two cannot get enough of one another." she said, sighing a bit thinking of her own youth.