[D6, LE: Spare Room] Session 2 (Closed)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, LE: Spare Room] Session 2 (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:06 pm

"Anything else of interest lately?" He asked, playing further to spread Emiko's pieces out.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 pm

"You mean except for the greatest shot in Otter clan history?" Emiko said with a chuckle, placing a piece down in a mirror again. There seemed to be no obvious strategy in her placements.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:06 pm

"I was impressed", he agreed and kept playing. He was starting to see a pattern and it made him smile that it was no pattern at all.

"And I've meant to ask you what your secret with the bow is, but I'm worried it may be beyond me."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:10 pm

"Oh it's very secret. Very very secret. I could tell you, but then the Otter spirits may come at you in the night to stop the secret spreading" Emiko said with a grin, placing another piece, although this time it was entirely in a different place which didn't mirror and didn't fit the pattern at all.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:17 pm

"Something tells me I'd like to have a chat with them anyway", he told Emiko with a returned smile. "Though a lady may of course keep her secrets, especially if she seeks to protect me."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:19 pm

"Are you sure? It is a secret passed down from generation to generation, from the very first Otter that walked these lands" Emiko said with a seriousness that did not match the sentence, as if her words were true.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:27 pm

"Hmm? Seems rather important, are you really offering to share?" He placed another piece he felt might help later on.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:14 pm

"Depends if you're willing to risk it" Emiko replied, still looking serious as another piece was placed that again didn't make sense in placement.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:28 pm

Ah.

He waited a long moment before placing a piece, he did so quietly as his eyes stared at the board, then eventually back up to her, he settled in seiza quite well and refilled their tea.

"I am", he said very clearly.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:35 pm

Emiko placed down another piece, almost touching one of Hikimasus but not quite (so no pieces were taken) then stood up and moved around to lean over and whisper to Hikimasu - close enough that he can likely smell her rosemary perfume.

"Look at the board"

She took a step back and motioned for him to stand. If he stands and looks at the board, he could see what she had done with her piece placements. In mirroring his, she'd created what almost looked like a little bow - and the random pieces between them like an arrow.

Emiko grinned.