[D6, LE: Spare Room] Session 2 (Closed)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, LE: Spare Room] Session 2 (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:47 pm

"I can make rice, I suppose", he said. "And roasting or boiling vegetables...some in my unit can ferment well, for miso." He chuckled. "Bad sake."

He took another bite. "The tartness goes well with the sweet, it's a good fruit for dango." He finished the piece. "Before we start today, I recalled we spoke about playing a game." He shifted the Go board to the center of the table. "I realize these things might be your clan's specialty, I take no shame in you having a handicap."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:49 pm

"I remember bothering the people cooking when I was younger, does that count as helping to cook?" Emiko laughed, then she looked at the game with a curious expression.

"Didn't you also do well in the tournament Shosuro-san?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:56 pm

"I think it might", he allowed to her comment about cooking and laughed a little nervously. "Well, I did...but honestly I think I was able to deal with them because they...", he thought about how to say it. "Well, you have an easier time looking me in the eyes than they did, I think."

Maybe he was a litlle mean to them, playing up the Scorpion angle. >.>

"It's up to you, but I think it would be proper for you to win with one hand behind your back regardless. I don't think my tricks work on you, anyway."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:26 pm

"Hmm..." Emiko looked thoughtful, before smiling.

"Fine fine. You can have a small handicap."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:48 pm

"My lady Emiko-sama is most generous", he said making sure the formality is felt, but also maybe, possibly, using it as an excuse to first-name her.

Maybe.

He set up the board, and took the difference in their skill level into account as best he could.

"In the end, it's for fun only...unless, you have an especially competitive side I haven't seen?" he arched an eyebrow at her, perhaps a little playfully.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Emiko laughed.

"I would say I don't have one, others would maybe say I do. I enjoy the experience but I do also like to win too!"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:27 pm

"Well so long as you enjoy the game with a greater feeling than what arrives with the outcome", he said, returning the laugh a bit. He made an aggressive move, trying to capitalize on the handicap.

He thought of other more bold things he should do, maybe, but how would she counter that?
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:47 pm

"That depends how the game goes, but at least the company is nice" Emiko said, giving the man a warm smile as she made her move - which seemed to be mirroring his, rather than advancing anything.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:07 pm

He thought on that. Games were often a metaphor for other things. Sometimes they were simply a way to get to know so someone. Yet her move mirroring his told him things, perhaps things he didn't like truly.

But he could simply be assuming. Emiko seemed quite genuine, so if she remarked about his company, he should simply take it as it was.

Plus she had been saying like she might play more aggressively anyway.

"Don't fall into my trap too early now", he warned and placed another, seemingly out of step with the first, but could be trouble later when Emiko's fewer stones became more apparent.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Emiko looked at the board, and tilted her head.

"Interesting..."

She placed another piece down...again simply mirroring. It didn't look like any normal strategy.