[D5, EE: Spare Room] Session One (Closed)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D5, EE: Spare Room] Session One (Closed)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Hikimasu had reserved some space inside the castle for that evening, and got tea and snacks set up ahead of time. He didn't want servants coming in and out as they pleased. He had dried off properly and even changed masks to one that wasn't damp. He sat there pondering, he couldn't make something happen, he felt. That would perhaps have to be a matter that comes about itself...the Otter girls were both very interesting to him, but he had to admit, Emiko was just so damned pretty he believed he might be favoring her based solely on that.

And the fact that while Narumi seemed to only begrudgingly enjoy his presence. He didn't find her at fault. He wasn't easy to get along with.

Though neither of them were stupid, they knew they were here to get married. He just hoped something would work out. He honestly didn't want to return having failed somehow, if he returned at all.

To say nothing of Unsei. That was...he didn't know what to do. He seemed to very much like them, there was certainly something there, but what was it really?

He took out his flute and wiped it down, making sure it was clean and dry, trying to clear his head with the act.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Re: [D5, EE: Spare Room] Session One (Closed)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:26 pm

Emiko had enjoyed her day. Starting with the event, it was going well. She'd taken time to relax, and calm down. Which meant she nearly missed the time to meet with Hikimasu.

Being that Hikimasu was one that knew well and he made it sound like it would be private, she decided to bring her box containing the violin with her. She'd also taken some time to braid her hair in twin braids which she thought looked quite.

Arriving at the door, she knocked on the frame and said "Shosuro-sama? It's Usogawa Emiko."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:35 pm

He rose and opened the door. He was in his black kimono and looking rather well off considering the weather Dead eyes staaaaare.

"Welcome", he said and stepped to the side to let her enter. "Did you have any trouble getting here?" he helped her with any items she needed it with, a cloak, a hat, umbrella, but he let her handle her case. "Make yourself comfortable, there are cushions, and there's tea and rice cakes in case you're hungry."

He scowled down either side of he hall to scare servants away.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm

"Oh it was horrible Shosuro-sama. Trees and flowers everywhere!" Emiko giggled as she entered, bowing to the man "oh, tea? That sounds lovely, I'm starting to think there may be more water in the skies above us than in the river nearby, it just keeps raining. I hope you are well?"

She put her umbrella down to a side before making her way to the cushion and sitting down gracefully, taking a chance to pour some tea for Hikimasu.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:55 pm

He shut the door now and after making sure her umbrella would dry properly, he sat and joined her.

"You seem well, I'm glad", he said. "You changed your hair style as well, it..", he paused slightly to make sure he didn't ssy it weird, which might have made it weird. "...well I like it."

When she finished he returned the favor on tea.

"We didn't get a chance to talk really at the go games, did you do well?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:39 pm

"Oh, you do?" Emiko smiled, taking one of her braids into her hands "I don't usually braid it, just felt like doing it now. I'm glad it doesn't just make me look weird or something" she laughed.

She picked up her cup, enjoying the scent, before continuing.

"I think I did well. I defeated all of my opponents although I played with an aggression I don't usually do. Those kind of strategies often cost me games against my father, but the Deer always seem so relaxed so I thought it would really disrupt them. It really did seem to do that."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:50 pm

He gulped when she played with the braid in her hair, but he kept the conversation going. And thanked the fortunes, even Benten, that life had been rough enough to bless him with the greatest poker face ever.

"You play aggressive? I'd have liked to see that, I was very focused on my own games and though they ended quickly i took some time to relax before spectating." He lowered his mask to smell the tea. "Perhaps we can play some time? Maybe on breaks from practicing."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:36 pm

"It wasn't how I expected to play, but it worked so I guess I should play like that more often?" Emiko smiled, taking a sip of the tea after blowing on it.

"Oh, Shosuro-sama wants to play Go? I'd be happy to play. I love games."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:41 am

"Yes, it's...well...a good way to get to know each other", he said. "Some people appear a certain way, but how they react to winning and losing is...well, fairly true to their character."

He picked up his flute from the small table. He'd put the finish on so it looked less like something bought from a vendor, the carving of the shosuro mon on the other hand was only vague still.

"We can play soon, but perhaps we can begin practice. What song would you like to try first?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:25 pm

"Hmm, I hadn't really considered that how someone wins or loses would reflect them. I was just tired after winning this morning, what does that say about me?" Emiko said with a small chuckle.

She looked to the flute, then back to the man and nodded.

"Hmm, it depends really. Usually running through the scales is a good way to start, so you get an idea of how it plays and thus which tune to start with. If it's a more higher pitched flute it would suit a better song than a low pitched one for example. Have you tried it yet?"