(D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: (D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 pm

While the Bayushi and Seppun trucked with spirits far beyond his ken, Hajime kept his nose close to the ground. Specifically, he was interested in the crushed petals at the foot of the painting. Had they materialized from nowhere, or were there signs of them having been arranged or dumped by hand?

[Kind of a troublesome one. I think the Water approach of the scholar skills is the right one to use, but for the life of me I can't really be sure which specific skill fits here.]
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:12 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 pm
(TN Passed!)
(Color me shocked then xD I'll spend the 3 opps on...

* Intuit whether you can learn anything of value from your current course of inquiry.

And

* + Feel a chill down your spine, notice a sudden silence, or detect another sign of the supernatural if there is a spiritual disturbance in the scene. Extra * gives an increasingly precise location for the supernatural occurrence.

With the last two remaining opps)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:13 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 pm
While the Bayushi and Seppun trucked with spirits far beyond his ken, Hajime kept his nose close to the ground. Specifically, he was interested in the crushed petals at the foot of the painting. Had they materialized from nowhere, or were there signs of them having been arranged or dumped by hand?

[Kind of a troublesome one. I think the Water approach of the scholar skills is the right one to use, but for the life of me I can't really be sure which specific skill fits here.]
(Water/Survival TN 3 to examine the petals
Water/Aesthetics TN 3 to examine the portrait)

(Anyone can make these rolls, but assistance is not available)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:14 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:12 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 pm
(TN Passed!)
(Color me shocked then xD I'll spend the 3 opps on...

* Intuit whether you can learn anything of value from your current course of inquiry.

And

* + Feel a chill down your spine, notice a sudden silence, or detect another sign of the supernatural if there is a spiritual disturbance in the scene. Extra * gives an increasingly precise location for the supernatural occurrence.

With the last two remaining opps)
(There are no supernatural presences present at the moment)

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 pm

D4, EA, Survival/Water TN 3. This is an investigation, and my skill of 0 is less than my School Rank of 1, so I count as having 1 in that skill. | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

[[I'll eat the strife to spend 2 opportunity to have my eye catch something else of significance. Of course, I also indulged my curiosity, so -3 strife. Net -1]]
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:07 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:07 pm
"With three heads working together, it should definitely be of some help!"
"Seppun-sama, what do you think? I'm sure something is wrong here, but I just...can't...sense...it!"

Bayushi moved back behind the shugenja, peering over Seppun's shoulder. The crinkle of paper continued - an envelope clutched in one of his hands, and the other hovering near the hilt of his katana.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:29 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:07 am

"Seppun-sama, what do you think? I'm sure something is wrong here, but I just...can't...sense...it!"

Bayushi moved back behind the shugenja, peering over Seppun's shoulder. The crinkle of paper continued - an envelope clutched in one of his hands, and the other hovering near the hilt of his katana.
"Well, I do know one thing for certain. There's nothing supernatural here at the moment. So that leaves us with two options. One is that this is just a prank and we can try and figure that out by seeing if the painting shows any signs of being moved. Second is that there is something creepy going on and the supernatural occurence has moved on, because I'm not feeling anything right now and I thought I could try and remember something about a situation like this, and I thought I did well, but couldn't remember anything particularly important."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 pm
D4, EA, Survival/Water TN 3. This is an investigation, and my skill of 0 is less than my School Rank of 1, so I count as having 1 in that skill. | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

[[I'll eat the strife to spend 2 opportunity to have my eye catch something else of significance. Of course, I also indulged my curiosity, so -3 strife. Net -1]]
\Hajime examines the petals and comes up with the brilliant deduction that...they're flower petals! Just like the one he counted in the portrait the other day....hang on a second....didn't he count those in the portrait the other day? It doesn''t look right, does it? Did some of the petals fall out of the painting?

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:46 pm

Humming softly to herself, Aimi walks down the corridor, studying the paintings with some interest. She hadn't actually been inside all that much lately, but with the skies so miserable and the air so muggy, she thought it might be time to keep a roof over her head. Only, in this particular stretch of corridor, there seems to be...

"Why is everyone hiding around a corner?"

Aimi's faint bafflement appears entirely honest, as she looks between the strange empty painting and the collection of samurai currently attempting to study it without getting too close.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:15 pm

Unsei wasn't afraid of a ghost, or the painting and thus wasn't looking at it from afar. Rather, she was closer, just not touching it.

"What do you mean?"