(D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Bayushi Mitsu

(D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Bayushi Mitsu stared. He stared at the painting from around the furthest possible corner where one could still see it, one hand slipped inside the breast of his kimono over his heart. A soft crinkle of paper could be heard.

"I knew it," he whispered. "I knew there was something strange in the air. I don't like this at all!"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Seppun Unsei

Re: (D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm

"So, what's going to be done about it?" Unsei asked, having appeared from around a corner like some sort of creep. Granted, she was no sneak, so her footsteps had been heard coming down the hallway. "Or rather, what are we going to do about it?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm

A wild Hajime likewise appeared from down the hall.

"It seems like not too long ago we were doing our best to analyze these paintings, Bayushi-sama. Now it seems a greater mystery has presented itself." He glanced over at the Seppun. "Kitsuki Hajime, Seppun-sama. A poet, unfortunately, but I have had a little training in the investigator's arts. I wonder if I can be of service to you both?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:02 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:33 pm
"So, what's going to be done about it?" Unsei asked, having appeared from around a corner like some sort of creep. Granted, she was no sneak, so her footsteps had been heard coming down the hallway. "Or rather, what are we going to do about it?"
Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:06 pm
"It seems like not too long ago we were doing our best to analyze these paintings, Bayushi-sama. Now it seems a greater mystery has presented itself." He glanced over at the Seppun. "Kitsuki Hajime, Seppun-sama. A poet, unfortunately, but I have had a little training in the investigator's arts. I wonder if I can be of service to you both?"
Bayushi sighed. "I'm glad you're both here. This beginning to feel like the Shinomen, not the heart of the Deer lands." He made a pained noise as he came out from behind the corner and warily took a few steps towards the changed painting. "Do you have any ideas?" Staring at it, the Scorpion took one or two grudging steps closer.

[not sure on the TN - I just threw in 3]
(D4, EA) Trying to understand the supernatural stuff going on in this painting - Theology (Void) | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:07 pm

"Seppun Unsei, astrologer and soon to be guard of the Emperor once I'm finished here. I'm not really sure what's going on here either, but it's sort of my job to figure out and protect others from supernatural means, so.." She smiled some. "Can always try and figure out." With her innate ability to sense supernatural beings or anything odd going around, she was certainly helpful in matters such as this.

"With three heads working together, it should definitely be of some help!"

(I dunno if I need to ping Bear here to see if her sixth sense kicks off or what tbh)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:14 pm

(Nope, no one's sixth sense is going off, no one's supernatural sonar is going off. Mitsu knows that it's possible for weird supernatural stuff to go on involving paintings, but he is unsure if that is the case here or not. It certainly SEEMS spooky.)
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:14 pm
(Nope, no one's sixth sense is going off, no one's supernatural sonar is going off. Mitsu knows that it's possible for weird supernatural stuff to go on involving paintings, but he is unsure if that is the case here or not. It certainly SEEMS spooky.)
(Would it be possible for me to roll and try to get something? As sixth sense could tell me if this is some sort of omen or not n stuff)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:33 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:14 pm
(Would it be possible for me to roll and try to get something? As sixth sense could tell me if this is some sort of omen or not n stuff)
(Void/Theology. TN Concealed! Gain 1 Void point!)

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:42 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 pm
(Something tells me this is gonna end up being a tn5 and I just missed it cus my explody exploded into a blank q.q Can I wait to spend the opps until I know if I passed or not? Cus that'll change how I spend them)
Hidden TN, I'm scared. Void/theology. Sixth Sense. D4 EA | TN: 1 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:42 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 pm
(Something tells me this is gonna end up being a tn5 and I just missed it cus my explody exploded into a blank q.q Can I wait to spend the opps until I know if I passed or not? Cus that'll change how I spend them)
Hidden TN, I'm scared. Void/theology. Sixth Sense. D4 EA | TN: 1 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
(TN Passed!)