(D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Bayushi Mitsu

Re: (D4, EA) I don't like this at all! (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:11 am
What was life without a little light teasing on someone obviously rather superstitious?
Bayushi looked at Seppun, his expression hidden by the full mask, but the way he kept glancing back and forth between Seppun, the other paintings, and the painting in question was not quite smooth, or relaxed.

"W-" He turned to the other paintings.

"I-" He looked at Seppun.

"Ah-" He looked at the changed painting.

Finally he pointed at the altered artwork, looked at Seppun, and blurted, "It's a fake!"

With a great sigh, Bayushi turned back to the painting, and indicated more precisely. "It's a fake, of course. Look how the brush strokes have an almost imperceptible twist at the end, which is not present on the rest of the paintings in the set." He attempted a confident chuckle.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Hajime tilted his head, inwardly very much relieved. Spirits often led to unfortunate complications, in his experience, and he wasn't sure what to make of the Seppun's supreme confidence in their abilities should a spirit turn up.

"Well, I suppose that rather lessens the need for immediate concern. Of course, I wonder if Shika-sama would not like to be informed that someone has decided to play a practical joke on the samurai here. I am not offended, but I wonder very much if there will not be people who will be, rumors of spirits provoking strange reactions, as they often do."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:43 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:26 pm
Hajime tilted his head, inwardly very much relieved. Spirits often led to unfortunate complications, in his experience, and he wasn't sure what to make of the Seppun's supreme confidence in their abilities should a spirit turn up.

"Well, I suppose that rather lessens the need for immediate concern. Of course, I wonder if Shika-sama would not like to be informed that someone has decided to play a practical joke on the samurai here. I am not offended, but I wonder very much if there will not be people who will be, rumors of spirits provoking strange reactions, as they often do."
"Agreed. This does call for some investigation," Bayushi noted in a pleased tone.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”