(D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:29 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 pm
Tanabe nodded "not sure what to make of all the dreams and stuff but the painting being a fake, switched out in the night makes more sense than a spirit or something." He said looking at the painting "the question would be why? Just to mess with us? Or is it a puzzle our hosts have laid out?"
Yasu mostly observes, since she's almost certainly not the best person to question the Shika guards. Instead, given the revelation of the sloppy nature of the forgery, she checks behind the painting for a tail.

Tanuki were notoriously sloppy about the details. Details like forgetting their tails when they shapeshifted..and not doing a perfect job with whatever shape they were taking. But the tales had more things like them turning into tea kettles or buckets that had fur and couldn't hold water.

But it's just a painting as far as she can tell. So much for jumping to that conclusion.

"Our hosts are watching all sorts of things to determine matches, so I guess this could be another something they wanted to observe," she notes quietly as folks with more time are following hunches that are certainly more likely than 'it's a tanuki'. "Forests are hiding places for trickster spirits as well."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:16 pm
Koi seemed confused and concerned.

She turned to a guard, bowing respectfully after all she wanted their co-operation for now. "Shika-sama, excuse me. Your vigilence of this hall, how long was your rotation? When did it start? Who came before you?"
Her favorite guard fought back a yawn.

"Oh hey, ...Kaikoga-san." he offered amicably enough. "Uh, I've been on a couple hours. Shika Muneyaki was on shift before then. Well, I mean, he's the one I relieved. Wasn't his shift, but he was covering the last couple of hours of Shika Matsusuke's shift berfore Muneyaki-san headed out on patrol." he offered.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Koi blinked.

Oh for the love of all that is holy... She screamed internally, the last fucking thing she needed was this schmuck being...just existing. Fuck this guy. Fuck him. Fuck explicitly him. Fuck his family, fuck his wife and fuck his cow! Internally Koi screamed but she drew her emotions in with a chain and a thick iron hook.

"Good morning Shika-san, I hope you are well this morning." She said politely. "What happened to Shika Matsusuke-san? Is it common for guards to relieve one another early on their patrol?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Koi blinked.

Oh for the love of all that is holy... She screamed internally, the last fucking thing she needed was this schmuck being...just existing. Fuck this guy. Fuck him. Fuck explicitly him. Fuck his family, fuck his wife and fuck his cow! Internally Koi screamed but she drew her emotions in with a chain and a thick iron hook.

"Good morning Shika-san, I hope you are well this morning." She said politely. "What happened to Shika Matsusuke-san? Is it common for guards to relieve one another early on their patrol?"
He shook his head.

"Ie, it's not normal. But well, Shika Gen, y'know Matasuke's fiancee, had something she needed him to look at urgently in the middle of the night. Pressing business if you know what I mean. Fortunately, Muneyoki-san was up early getting ready to head out, and was able to cover for him so he could tend to that." he offered he a small rueful shake of his head. "Good guy that Muneyoki-san."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:13 pm

Koi just blanked.

Her mind went dark, and a rage like no other pounded in the back of her skull.

"I see, I shall note the innuendo there that you said Shika-san." Koi said softly, quietly. "So he left his position to his Lord's hall where he sleeps in order to assist some pressing issue with his wife? In the middle of the night?" Koi felt her muscles tensing. "I see."

"When you started your position here, was the painting the same?" She asked softly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:18 am

"The painting.....Kaikoga-san?" the guard said turning his attention to the portrait in question.

"Oh hey, she's not there anymore." he said demonstrating his super high vigilance skill.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:21 am

Koi blinked.

She just blinked.

Unable to express words of how much she hated this one specific guy and his sheer lack of competency. "I see."

Koi turned, her head swimming as she thinks she's gotten what she can out of this situation and walked towards The Great Hall her mind thundering.

/exit or /scene I think?

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:48 am

EM Sentiment+ Air discovering the unseen, and lies from a guard? | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image
(Spending opportunity to reduce strife)
Meanwhile the unicorn looked around, at the guard and the details of the painting trying to catch a further glimmer of falsehood.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.