(D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kuni Yasu

(D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:52 am

(Indulging Curiosity for sure. Yasu will be mostly quiet and thoughtful as her writer has long work days. But feel free to run circles around the Kuni.)
The sixth painting in the hallway is almost completely empty space, with nothing but a small crushed pink carnation in the corner. A small pile of crushed pink petals lie upon the ground in front of the painting.
Courtly rumors were mostly stupid things about people being people. But this was the kind of rumor a Kuni couldn't ignore. There were quite literally demons that masqueraded as paintings, crawling from their two-dimensional world to attack the larger three-dimensional one. How the Shika might have wound up with one though...

Well, hopefully they hadn't, and Yasu would just find someone playing a useless prank in a land where nobody at all had heard of Kumori no Oni.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:08 am

Koi looked remarkably average this morning, her clothing choice for comfort than presentation. Her hair brushed, but wet from the rain and with very little makeup. She had gotten up early as a light sleeper and the buzz saw that was the tangle of lovers in her room was enough to disturb her sleep. She had heard the rumours from outside and nearly sprinted up to the Castle.

She had purposely made sure to grab the remaining bottle of sake from last night's adventures as she knew there had been something weird with that painting.

Since the dreams...

"Allul, you magnificent baku." She said softly as she entered the Hall, wet from the rain as she didnt have her umbrella didnt do much good for Koi as she was walking into the wind and was not walking slow.

Koi came into the Hallway to see the Kuni Yasu before her and never before had she felt such relief, such hope in a situation because the right person at the right time was there.

"Yasu-san good morning. I have been blessed by the fortunes that is you that is here.." She said lightly breathing heavier than normal but she definitely seemed fitter. Kicking balls, was a good work out.

Koi stopped and stared at the painting and felt the bottom of her stomach fall out.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:30 am

The big Otter stretched waving his large arms wide as he yawned. He wasn't usually one for mornings but he had gone to bed a little earlier than normal last night even so he could almost feel his body rebelling at being up this early. Since he had no plans this early in the morning he wandered the city, in fact he had heard some weird rumors about a painting in the castle that had lost its subject.

He made his way through the castle directed by the servants to where the painting was hung. He wasn't terribly surprised that others had had a similar idea but he was pleasantly surprised to see a certain Crab there. Yasu received a warm smile. He also recognized the Moth from a few nights ago it would be hard to forget such a pretty face "Yasu-san, Kaikoga-san good morning! I see I wasn't the only one who thought to check out the painting. Interesting rumors neh?" he said happily as he approached the women.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:38 am

Koi met the gaze of the Otter with the expression of someone trying to remember to breath. She took a moment, clearly something was on her mind as internally her mind was screaming. Not the fucking sumai! Not him! Kami of stone and shit, why is it always the ones I don't want that plague me. Koi took a moment and smiled, graciously. "Good morning, Susaki-san."

Koi glanced around at the paintings, and checked the guards before she began to plan and scheme.

"Are you well this morning?" She asked, trying to relocate herself so the frame of the large man was blocking her petit self from the nearest guard that was watching them.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 am

Yasu looks up from some muttering examination of the paint as she hears one voice and another. Her focus shifts into a pleased smile, though she blinks a bit. "Koi-san, did you run here without an umbrella? You're dripping..." Then she looks past and up to see Tanabe, smiling first, though her hand comes up, fingers just at the top edge of her lip as she glances away a moment..to the painting of the hour, of course.

But only a moment before offering a more civilized nod. "Out early as well, Tanabe-san? Didn't think painting rumors would interest you all that much."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:19 am

Mitsuki was simply passing through the halls on her way to today's... trial? Whatever they called these moments where candidates were all gathered together and the Deer asked them to run into circles or something.

She was a bit early, but better that than late, and had kind of missed all the rumors. More exactly, she had heard of them at the bar the previous day... among a ton of equally incoherent hearsay. So they had entered by one ear and left by the other, and she had kept no memory of them.

In anticipation to tonight's ceremony, her makeup was even more strongly marked than usual and her hair impeccably straightened, giving to her face a immobile, marble-like quality. As she refused to go through another kemari game or likewise in her cumbersome ceremonial clothes, she was wearing her ordinary hollow white robe, just freshly cleaned and ironed.

Her mind focused on the day to come, her eyes looking without seeing, she strolled through the corridor light on her feet, a silent apparition passing by.

---

Also mostly there for mechanical reasons, as it's an opportunity to trigger Omen of Bad Luck to regain some Void. Interrupt or ignore her as you see fit.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:25 am

Koi looked at the Kuni and the Otter, connected the dots from Yasu's reaction and felt the biggest sigh form in her mind but she smothered it down. "Uh, the wind kami decided to pull a prank on me this morning and all the way up here the window was blowing in my direction and simply over did my umbrella unfortunately soaking me." She said barely noticing the rain if at all.

There was a determination in her eye that burned bright like a roaring fire keeping her warm, a lantern in the rain it would appear. "Yasu-san - you know how we discussed the difference between normal dreams and prophetic dreams?" Koi looked at the painting that was empty. "I am sure that I had a prophetic dream about this painting."

She felt her blood run cold. "And I have a bad feeling about this."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:52 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:25 am
There was a determination in her eye that burned bright like a roaring fire keeping her warm, a lantern in the rain it would appear. "Yasu-san - you know how we discussed the difference between normal dreams and prophetic dreams?" Koi looked at the painting that was empty. "I am sure that I had a prophetic dream about this painting."

She felt her blood run cold. "And I have a bad feeling about this."
All focus again...prophecies and bad feelings and Kuni paranoia clicking in together...Yasu nods. "There's rare stories I wanted to check up on, but hoped it was just a prank someone pulled. Sounds like...probably not?" Not even consciously, her fingers fiddle with the clasp of her scroll satchel, stockinged feet settling more firmly against the floor. There's that awareness of space that develops after a time, and tries to keep herself aware of stray motion, examining the space around the frame more directly for such morement.

[ooc: sleep though. folks should feel free to investigate around the vigilant Kuni]

Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:45 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:49 am
-snip-
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:25 am
-snip-
Tanabe smiled between the pair "Oh the morning has treated me well enough Kaikoga-san, I'm not used to the early hour though." He turned to Yasu "While I'm usually not too into paintings and stuff a painting changing? The subject disappearing. That's not art, that's a mystery which is much cooler."

He listened as they discussed dreams and prophecies and visions nodding along "What was the dream Kaikoga-san?" He asked curiously all that magic and spirit stuff was always weird to him though he wasn't wholly ignorant of it.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:42 pm

A certain unicorn maiden is hiding a yawn behind a fan as she walks down the hallway, clearly having missed the hubhub so far , her hair somewhat askew as if she had spend less time then usually on preparing it this morning .
Furthermore she wore a more simple kimono today then the ceremonial one... maybe because it was faster to get into it instead of her other one.
Her other hand was holding some seeds that her raven was picking up on as she walked while the bird made cooing noises into her ear, and rubbed against her head in between attacking her breakfeast.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.