(D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Utaku Kheree

Re: (D4, EM) Seeking the Unbound (Open)

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:35 am

"Oh ,so it was the portrait that was haunted, and not me " she says looking more sharp now as she follows the talk there
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:50 am

Tanabe stood where the moth had asked, which was right where he was and stood attentive eyes vigilant to the surroundings. He was a better sumai than he was a yojimbo but he wasn't half bad at the second one either. Yasu seemed a little tense while she prepared her spell. as they talked about their findings he watched over the group talking.

When the Unicorn talked he gave her a curious look "How likely was it that you were haunted Unicorn-sama? Is that a regular thing for you?" he asked with an amused smile.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:56 am

Koi turned to her cousin. "Twice in the space of a few days I have had two dreams that showed me images of Seppun Unsei-sama and the Scorpion in the painting. One of lanterns of all clan colours altogether except a lantern representing the Imperial Mon seperate smaller and isolated which I knew to mean Seppun-sama." Koi looked to the petals and the painting. "Next to that smaller lantern was a very large lantern red as the shade of Scorpion. Two days later I dream of Utaka-sama and Seppun-sama sitting here, facing the painting talking. Utaka-sama sensed something but it was brushed aside after Seppun-sama spoke. The painting the whole time was watching you Utaka-sama with desire in it's eyes, and when the sensation of a spirit was dismissed it smiled at you at the same time Seppun-sama did."

Koi chewed her lip and said dead seriously to her Cousin. "Twice now in both dreams, Allul the baku spirit that touched me...that saved me from Yume-do.." She pointed at her vitiligo patch delicately. "Twice in the space of two days out of no where. I have never had another encounter with Seppun-sama prior to our meeting in the Sake house that one night in which Tanabe-sama was there, beyond that I never met them again so this isn't some dream of wanting or needing."

Koi rose from her position and turned her jade eyes on the Unicorn cold and resolute. "What is it that you know, Unicorn-sama? I dreamt of you last afternoon, I never met you before to this day but I knew you as if you were my long lost friend. Yet I dreamt of you, before this painting speaking with Seppun Unsei and there was something wrong with this painting. You sensed something, but it was not me what is it you know? What happened when you were here? It's important."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:56 am
Koi turned to her cousin. "Twice in the space of a few days I have had two dreams that showed me images of Seppun Unsei-sama and the Scorpion in the painting. One of lanterns of all clan colours altogether except a lantern representing the Imperial Mon seperate smaller and isolated which I knew to mean Seppun-sama." Koi looked to the petals and the painting. "Next to that smaller lantern was a very large lantern red as the shade of Scorpion. Two days later I dream of Utaka-sama and Seppun-sama sitting here, facing the painting talking. Utaka-sama sensed something but it was brushed aside after Seppun-sama spoke. The painting the whole time was watching you Utaka-sama with desire in it's eyes, and when the sensation of a spirit was dismissed it smiled at you at the same time Seppun-sama did."

Koi chewed her lip and said dead seriously to her Cousin. "Twice now in both dreams, Allul the baku spirit that touched me...that saved me from Yume-do.." She pointed at her vitiligo patch delicately. "Twice in the space of two days out of no where. I have never had another encounter with Seppun-sama prior to our meeting in the Sake house that one night in which Tanabe-sama was there, beyond that I never met them again so this isn't some dream of wanting or needing."

Koi rose from her position and turned her jade eyes on the Unicorn cold and resolute. "What is it that you know, Unicorn-sama? I dreamt of you last afternoon, I never met you before to this day but I knew you as if you were my long lost friend. Yet I dreamt of you, before this painting speaking with Seppun Unsei and there was something wrong with this painting. You sensed something, but it was not me what is it you know? What happened when you were here? It's important."
"It was two days ago, in the hours after the noon when I was walking these hallways as I felt a strange feeling as if someone was watching me , as I was standing there the honored Seppun joined me, having felt the same strangeness.
And as we where waiting before this portrait." she indicates it. " Having a woman in it at that time. " I felt a touch on my shoulder as if someone had tried to softly pull me but there was none around beyond us two. I had some fresh sap on my kimono where I was touched like this but beyond it. Nothing more had happened. It was not the first time in my life that I encounter something strange, but it was not the most dangerous one either, and so we talked about apeasing a spirit and methods to do so. But beyond that I had neither dream nor nightmare touching me."
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Yasu listens, nodding. "If these are forest flowers, sap fits as well." Though all the prophetic dreams were another thing. Still, she was starting to suspect mortal tricks and dangers, or at least corporeal ones. "Tanuki tricks, if not our hosts offering more than plays to entertain."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:51 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:56 am

Fujiko thought about all this for a bit before clicking her tongue in annoyance.

"Are you telling me all of this is because of a damn love triangle with a painting of all things?"

It would fit her own vision painting, but... come on, a love triangle? With a painting? What was up with that castle and the Deer? As much as a clan had a right to decide to stick to a theme, there was a point where it got excessive, didn't it?

Also, she hated love triangles.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Koi was annoyed, and felt tension building in the base of her neck into her head causing pain to flash through her as a migraine sat in. She turned away from her cousin to hide a deep frustration that was building in her shoulders as she looked at the painting it. Studying it.

She walked closer, allowing her eyes to judge the piece with an artists judgement. She cancelled out all the talk and just stared into the piece.

D4 EM; Is this even the same painting? Water/Aesthetics. TN 3. | TN: 3 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 3

1Opportunity symbol used for additional clues
1Opportunity symbol used to remove 2 strife. 1 total strife taken.

Koi remains quiet, as her eyes widen in shock before turning to the group and says sourly. "It is a fake. A falsehood. It is closely the same but the artist made a few errors, look at the brushstrokes here and the petals are different." Koi said her own curiousity increasing.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 pm

Tanabe nodded "not sure what to make of all the dreams and stuff but the painting being a fake, switched out in the night makes more sense than a spirit or something." He said looking at the painting "the question would be why? Just to mess with us? Or is it a puzzle our hosts have laid out?"
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:13 pm

"Would that also means that we could find something on the original art? This being a test after all does not quite make sense with your dreams there."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:16 pm

Koi seemed confused and concerned.

She turned to a guard, bowing respectfully after all she wanted their co-operation for now. "Shika-sama, excuse me. Your vigilence of this hall, how long was your rotation? When did it start? Who came before you?"