(D3LA) Looking for a Lead

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Agasha Inoshishi

(D3LA) Looking for a Lead

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:48 am

After striking out at the library itself, Inoshishi is on a hunt. For what? Why, the appointment keeper of the Shika daimyo, of course! Perhaps it’s the Castilian!

She readies herself to meet the gruff Castilian that she has seen around the castle. She makes sure her kimono’s hang straight, in a no-nonsense fashion, practical and moveable. She tucks the scroll bag slightly behind her, allowing only a few scrolls to sneak past her shoulder. First impressions. You can either do them right or wrong, but no matter what, you can’t do them again.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shika Katsuteru

Re: (D3LA) Looking for a Lead

Post by Shika Katsuteru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:15 am

The Dragon is given directions to the office of the castellan, where Katsuteru is busy working on some paperwork.

He rises and bows upon her entry.

"Good afternoon, Agasha-san." he says politely, though his voice is a lot more serous than Renji's. "Is something the matter?"
Castellan of Kyuden Shika * Veteran * Scarred

"Under my watch, Kyuden Shika will remain as safe from it's enemies, as it is hospitable to it's guests."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:32 am

Inoshishi returns his bow as she would a major clan castellan.

“No, nothing at all is wrong. I’ve been enjoying the hospitality of your clan immensely! I was actually hoping to speak with someone regarding the many stories from ages past that the Deer keep! As a chronicler, I’m always looking for new stories from the past to help suggest our future. As such, I have many stories that are only known in certain places and to certain people. I was hoping I could perhaps enrich the Deer library and in turn learn stories told only here?”

She smiles, hoping it will make her case better.

(Should I roll here to influence this guy?)
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:10 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:32 am
Inoshishi returns his bow as she would a major clan castellan.

“No, nothing at all is wrong. I’ve been enjoying the hospitality of your clan immensely! I was actually hoping to speak with someone regarding the many stories from ages past that the Deer keep! As a chronicler, I’m always looking for new stories from the past to help suggest our future. As such, I have many stories that are only known in certain places and to certain people. I was hoping I could perhaps enrich the Deer library and in turn learn stories told only here?”

She smiles, hoping it will make her case better.

(Should I roll here to influence this guy?)
(Go for it!0
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:16 pm

(Since this seems like an edge case, I rolled with no distinction. I liked my result, so no worries. However, woul Support of the Ikoma Bards have helped, in that I know lots of stories from them? I could have seen it going both ways.)

A book for a book (Fire/culture, no distinction) TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image

Using the opportunity to impress him with my sincerity and novel idea.

Shika Katsuteru

Post by Shika Katsuteru » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 pm

The castellan considered the Dragon's words.

"Hm, it's possible, Agasha-san, but I'm not certain your stories belong in that library." he admitted. "It's not a repository of fictional works, but rather a records room for information about family lineages. Do you think your stories have information contained within them that can be valuable that way?"

"Under my watch, Kyuden Shika will remain as safe from it's enemies, as it is hospitable to it's guests."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:29 am

Shika Katsuteru wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 pm
“It's not a repository of fictional works, but rather a records room for information about family lineages. Do you think your stories have information contained within them that can be valuable that way?"
She smiles, like the proverbial cat who has found the canary.

“Apologies, Shika-dono, I forget that my school is but a minor one among a far away clan. I do indeed collect stories and some are, of course, fictional. But we Togashi Chroniclers are trained to pull the grains of truth from any story, using them as a guide to divine the mysteries of the past and the challenges of the future.

For instance, in Lion lands, after my gempuku , I heard a tall tale from a certain heimin in a certain Lion village. When I doubted his story of an ancestor stumbling upon the last moments of a battle between two samurai and the vengeful dead, he brought forth proof in the form of a Crab helmet, clearly from long ago. When I returned it to that Crab’s descendants, with copious help from the Kitsu, they were most pleased to learn their honored ancestor had indeed died honorably, as a Crab should. His descendant’s cousin is here, in fact. Kuni Yasu.

I apologize for having done my clan the disservice of misrepresenting my school. I humbly request that you not look upon my sensei like a turtle, this was my fault.

That being said, allow me to be as clear as I should have been earlier, Shika-Dono. Many of the stories I bear have facts I have gleaned from them that are unknown to the world at large. “

She bows low, her eyes downcast, hoping she hasn’t ruined her chances.

(OOC: in Mandarin, calling someone a turtle/turtle egg is like calling someone a bastard because turtles don’t know their parents. Using it here in the ‘looking down on’ sense. If you want this to be a Dragon thing (or an Inoshishi thing!), feel free!)

Shika Katsuteru

Post by Shika Katsuteru » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:51 am

Katsuteru returned the bow.

"I did not mean to cast doubt upon your skill, Agasha-san. Merely that I wanted to make sure that we both understood what is being offered. With that explained, I recognize that what you offer may indeed be of value." he said rationally.

"Although since we're already clarifying things, might I ask what is it you seek from the library? We cannot simply turn you loose in there unless you were marrying into the Deer clan. But if you could give us an idea of what you're looking for, perhaps something could be arranged."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:15 am

She returns the bow.

“No doubt on my skill was cast, just my clarity. Father says a good Agasha is as clear as a saya at midnight. Father also says im a good Agasha.” She smiles.

“Oh, nothing you treasure nor are actively using. We Chroniclers are always after stories we haven’t heard. If we can find them all, perhaps we can divine the pattern of the future!” Her eyes fairly glow with excitement, even if she is repeating herself. “Perhaps tales only remembered here, be they of the Deer or of other clans. Personally, I’ve found stories from families that have been lost to the past to be most useful. Perhaps you have such in storage?”

Shika Katsuteru

Post by Shika Katsuteru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:58 am

Katsuteru stroke his chin.

"It might indeed be, Agasha-san," he had to allow. I can probably dedicate a novice or two to finding you somthing suitably....esoteric."

She was a strange girl, but the castellian saw no harm in checking into the feasibility of her request.