[Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kuni Yasu

Re: [Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:36 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:42 am
He nods, "All sorts of stuff. Stone, metal... mostly jewelry and charms but some other stuff. Uh... I mean she's a priest most of all but she loves makin' stuff too." He puffs up a little with pride, "She made this necklace here. Can't say I know much about art but that makes it special at least."
Ok ok...it's really hard to stay properly, fiercely, paranoid looking at a sweet, tiny, flower pendant made by someone's mother.

"It's very pretty. Very nice work." She's not entirely sure if the leaves are jade, but they could be, certainly. No hint of corruption to them, if so. That was something.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:51 pm

I think the last thing my Mom gave me was a kick in the butt on my way to the dojo...

Raizo cocked his head at the little thing.

Must be nice to be able to give something like that.

But he still had nothing in particular to say out loud, so he kept his peace.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:54 am

"Yeah, she worked real hard on it!"

Anyone examining the pendant and with some knowledge of theology or magic will see that it is not just a necklace but a blessed charm inscribed with a variety of, very desperate, prayers to Benten on Bo's behalf.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:03 am

Being a Phoenix schooled in theology, Raizo did indeed pick up on that.

Could have used one of those myself...

"Interesting inscription there, Asahina-san."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:37 am

Being schooled in both theology and magic, Yasu notes the inscriptions, and the desperation, wondering how well that works on a fortune who must hear so many prayers here. She nods, expression softening. "She did indeed work very hard on it. The inscriptions are so delicate to fit on here."

"I'm sure I don't have to tell you to take good care of it."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:19 am

He nods emphatically, "Oh yeah! I guard it with my life! Well... I guard everything with my life... I'm a guard... but it especially."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:29 am

"Then I'm certain it's the safest thing here."
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:28 am

Yasu nods in agreement, slipping the jade back onto her wrist. "Almost certainly the safest thing, yes."

Despite his size, she couldn't imagine it being anything but cruel to send this one to serve with the Crab. "Did your mother offer any instruction for the miai as well?"

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:04 am

"Um not directly. Sent them a letter I was comin' here but had to leave before any reply got back."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:45 am

"Anyone you've taken a shine to, then?"

Sometimes, bluntness isn't a handicap.
Remember to Breathe