[Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kuni Yasu

Re: [Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 pm

"Seems they're underusing you, pretty badly, Asahina-san." Yasu says simply. Resources to waste without even thinking about it...the Crane in a nutshell.

She nods to the Phoenix, serious, a bit grateful to hear it honestly. "Be nice if folks with more pull took our endurance seriously, weren't buying up jade to make pretty statues."

"What're Yobanjin like though? They're pretty much just faraway stories for us."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:00 pm

"Oh, the Yobanjin are... well. It's probably not the done thing to say, but... aside from their customs, their language, and the fact that they raid us sometimes? They're just people. Some of them ride giant birds though, so that's... something. But I've been on the border, keeping an eye on what turned out to be a hunting party with no interest in crossing to our side of the mountains. Heard them singing around their campfire."

He shrugged.

"I mean, they're also really weird, and they fight like mad bastards if they take a mind to, but... they're also kind of interesting, and not always a problem."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:03 am

Yasu blinks "Oddly, the stories didn't mention the giant birds. You'd think that would be the first thing ever mentioned about them." She thinks about flying over the Wall with such cavalry, then shivers as the image of the inevitable undead versions fly the other direction. Definitely better that they stay far to the north.

"Wonder how hard it would be to just...settle some kind of agreement so they were less of a problem then?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:15 am

"I dunno. I mean, I'd like to think someone speaks their language to make the attempt..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:28 am

Though he was far too polite to try to change a subject a certain million mile stare befell the large Crane as the talk turned to politics - even as interesting of politics as those involving strange gaijin.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:59 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:15 am
"I dunno. I mean, I'd like to think someone speaks their language to make the attempt..."
"Be among your folk if anyone does, yeah?" To be fair, her main interest in any peace to the north would be freeing resources that might, just maybe, help to the south.
Asahina Bo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:28 am
Though he was far too polite to try to change a subject a certain million mile stare befell the large Crane as the talk turned to politics - even as interesting of politics as those involving strange gaijin.
She recognizes the stare, and offers an odd, and abrupt shift of topic. Also rude. But somehow neither of these folks seem like the kind to wave Doji To-Many-Titles' Book of Etiquette at her. The Deer guards might, but...

Slipping the bracelet from her hand she holds it out to him. "I may regret asking this, Asahina-san, but...would you look at these? Kind of curious if you've seen much stuff back home made of similar stone." She honestly did want a bit of information on that topic, mostly for later indignant grumbling. But it was hardly the main reason she was handing it to him.

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:22 am

The massive Crane is surprisingly gentle in taking the bracelet and there is no visible reaction either of his body or his demeanor other than slight puzzlement.

"Can't say I paid too much attention to such things. Oh..." He lifts up the pendant he wears, rose quartz peony on green stone leaves, and examines the two next to each other, "Hmmm... maybe... I don't know. I mean they're both green?" He looks from one to the other again, "I guess I could ask ma next time I'm home though that might be a while. She knows this stuff better than me."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 am

Yasu watches closely, with no great reaction of her own, though it's a small comfort to have at least one test out of the way. "Does your mother work with stone then?" She holds out her hand to take the small set of beads back. 'Thanks for considering the question."

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:08 am

Always the jade, always.

Of course... the way the Crab use it makes a lot of sense to me...
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:42 am

He nods, "All sorts of stuff. Stone, metal... mostly jewelry and charms but some other stuff. Uh... I mean she's a priest most of all but she loves makin' stuff too." He puffs up a little with pride, "She made this necklace here. Can't say I know much about art but that makes it special at least."