[Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shiba Raizo

[Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:47 am

Maybe it was just seeing how out of sorts almost everyone else had looked after their interviews, but Raizo hadn't felt compelled to run screaming from the castle.

Instead, he took his time sauntering down the hallways- and pointedly ignoring the paintings, since they all looked about the same to him.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kuni Yasu

Re: [Day 2, Late Morning] Aftermath (Expecting)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Yasu, on the other hand, was focusing on the paintings rather fiercely and wishing she'd brought writing materials. Trying to come up with hints of what meaning the Deer were presenting with all these very similar paintings. For the moment, she was running through the uses of carnations in medicine, poison, alchemy, and literature, muttering something about it being mildly calming for rashes as she notices someone far less interested in the art.

"Not what I expected them to grill us about, but at least that's done, I suppose?" She says. As conversation starting goes, it's abrupt. She pauses a moment, "Ah...at least I assume you're here for the miai? Seem to remember you yesterday with a that giant prayer wheel, was it?" The Kuni used them too, as part of the conduits of shrines that led some kind of spiritual presence into their blasted lands like thin rivers. But theirs were rather sturdier, and caught the wind to move with a gentle hum built in. Made it easier to close in on them if wandering and needing to retreat someplace you could be assured of having kami to call upon.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:49 pm

Oh no, Crab!

Wait, one sword....

Usually the ones with one sword were less likely to try and wrestle or start a brawl... usually....

Still in trying to give her a wide berth, even with the wide halls, he almost bumped into the Shiba.

"Oh! Sorry! My bad."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:22 pm
"Not what I expected them to grill us about, but at least that's done, I suppose?" She says. As conversation starting goes, it's abrupt. She pauses a moment, "Ah...at least I assume you're here for the miai? Seem to remember you yesterday with a that giant prayer wheel, was it?" The Kuni used them too, as part of the conduits of shrines that led some kind of spiritual presence into their blasted lands like thin rivers. But theirs were rather sturdier, and caught the wind to move with a gentle hum built in. Made it easier to close in on them if wandering and needing to retreat someplace you could be assured of having kami to call upon.
Raizo could handle abrupt. In fact, it was hard to find a gunso who addressed anyone in any other fashion.

"I like to think I bored her a fair bit with my recitation."

He bowed.

"Shiba Raizo, and yes, I carried that heavy chunk of bronze all the way here, like a complete genius."
Asahina Bo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:49 pm
"Oh! Sorry! My bad."

I am surrounded by giants.

"No worries."

He actually grinned a bit. The guy reminded him a bit of Shiba Bantaro, from his unit, even if Bantaro wasn't quite as big.

"Didn't knew they grew 'em so big down in the Asahina lands."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:33 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm

I am surrounded by giants.

"No worries."

He actually grinned a bit. The guy reminded him a bit of Shiba Bantaro, from his unit, even if Bantaro wasn't quite as big.

"Didn't knew they grew 'em so big down in the Asahina lands."
Bo puffs out his chest a little, "They say I'm an... anemone? No that's not it... homily? No... anomaly! That's it. They say I'm an anomaly." It is very clear that the big man does not recognize that such sayings are likely not compliments but the best a polite Asahina can muster.

"Oh! Right!"

He offer a sketchy bow to them both, "Uh, I'm Bo... Asahina Bo. But you knew the Asahina part."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:33 pm
Bo puffs out his chest a little, "They say I'm an... anemone? No that's not it... homily? No... anomaly! That's it. They say I'm an anomaly." It is very clear that the big man does not recognize that such sayings are likely not compliments but the best a polite Asahina can muster.

"Oh! Right!"

He offer a sketchy bow to them both, "Uh, I'm Bo... Asahina Bo. But you knew the Asahina part."
"Thanks to the delightful custom we have of wearing our family names were people can see them, I did indeed. Still, polite of you to remember."

He's a LOT like Bantaro.

Raizo's grin... became more of a smile.

"You enjoying your time here so far, Asahina-san?"
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:51 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm
"Thanks to the delightful custom we have of wearing our family names were people can see them, I did indeed. Still, polite of you to remember."

He's a LOT like Bantaro.

Raizo's grin... became more of a smile.

"You enjoying your time here so far, Asahina-san?"
"Yeah! It's my first time out of Crane lands so that's nice and there's lots of nice people."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:45 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:22 pm
Raizo could handle abrupt. In fact, it was hard to find a gunso who addressed anyone in any other fashion.

"I like to think I bored her a fair bit with my recitation."

He bowed.

"Shiba Raizo, and yes, I carried that heavy chunk of bronze all the way here, like a complete genius."
Yasu shrugs. "Shows strength and determination. Those traits are part of a great match for a few people here, I'd guess. Maybe something of piety too?" She offers a bow, and scarlet smile with her introduction. "Kuni Yasu, apprentice of Kuni Mari. And I wish Shika-sama'd seemed bored. I'm a bit concerned with why she'd possibly care about my great grand-uncle's favorite tea and so forth, you know?"

And then she's suddenly offering the introduction part again to the giant Asahina, her smile drifting into carefully neutral territory, looking him over carefully for any hint of abnormality other than his height, and paying close attention to any odd sensations. She doesn't have a weak heart to affect, but there's last season's injuries that still twinge from time to time.

"First time out of Crane lands? How'd the journey go...probably a lot of interesting things to see on the way, neh?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:31 am

He frowns a little, "Not as much as I might've liked. We're not far from Crane lands. But I got to sail up the coast - that was nice!"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:24 am

"I've always enjoyed travel."

A pause.

"Even when I'm lugging a prayer wheel on my back. Just... seeing new places. Or old ones in an unfamiliar season. What about you, Kuni-san? How was your trip?"

Away from the hellscape your Clan protects the rest of us from.
Remember to Breathe