[D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:47 pm

Isn't that the truth.

Hikimasu didn't interrupt their theater, he looked around a little while longer though. Noting the guards, noting their reactions. He wondered what would be in their reports.

"Now that we have the great detective team, perhaps we should consider the present challenge. Who will sweet talk the nakodo so everyone can benefit from her good mood?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 am

Hikimasu wasn't the only one who had noticed the guards, and he wasn't entirely sure that the way Hikimasu had phrased that would be well received. He allowed a puzzled expression to fall over his face.

"Sweet-talk, Shosuro-sama? I am not sure that Shika-sama would be unaware of precisely why flattery would be deployed by someone in our situation. I wonder if she would not feel insulted by such a maneuver."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:48 am

"That's why you find the line between sincere and charming, I have little doubt she will appreciate it", the Scorpion said. "Don't misunderstand the nature of sweet talk, both parties know it is happening, it's all a question of whether it's welcome. Being good at it helps."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:56 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:48 am
"That's why you find the line between sincere and charming, I have little doubt she will appreciate it", the Scorpion said. "Don't misunderstand the nature of sweet talk, both parties know it is happening, it's all a question of whether it's welcome. Being good at it helps."
"Indeed, a demonstration of artful skill can be impressive even if the other party observes the flattery. I will admit however that talking sweetly is perhaps not the greatest of my expertise." Any expression of Bayushi's was of course hidden; his tone however was something between cheerful and amused.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Hajime wasn't entirely sure, but the Scorpion made some sense. "Well, I don't see the harm in being genuinely friendly. Or perhaps in demonstrating one's skill. Are you a sweet-talker, then, Shosuro-sama?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 pm

He met the Kitsuki's gaze. The blank eyes and aura of wishing he could be anywhere but here were...oppressive.

"The best."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Welp, guess that's no flirting with you, then.

Hajime inclined his head under that wilting stare. "Then I shall look forward to hearing of your success."