[D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:32 am

"Speaking directly was cast aside by the twisting of truth", the Scorpion reminded the Dragon.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:56 am

Huh? Well, I guess when people...right. Okay.

Hajime took a breath.

"That makes sense." And then the thought sort of trailed off, leaving Hajime to try to resuscitate the conversation with an abrupt transition. "So are your parents also bushi, then, Shosuro-sama?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:08 am

"My father, his brothers", he nodded. "My sister is training to do so." He looked at the Dragon. "My branch of the family doesn't do much performing, but we're still Shosuro. What of your people?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:07 am

"My father is a magistrate in Lord Shunsuke's service. My mother was a member of a Crane delegation the Shiro Kitsuki." Hajime smiled. "My older siblings all followed my father into the family business. Mother rather claimed me for herself." He tilted his head. "Not that it has harmed me too badly."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 pm

"Indeed", he seemed to agree. "I enjoy books, so you haven't erred. Detective stories are at least a fun, even if as a Scorpion I see problems here and there. Though for entertainment it's well done."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Hajime's brow furrowed slightly.

"Detective stories?" He tilted his head. "I should ask you for your favorite authors. It sounds an interesting genre, though not one that I would easily find myself tasked to write. Perhaps Bayushi-sama will eventually write down some of his investigations?" He said, turning to include the other samurai in the conversation.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:38 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:37 pm
Hajime's brow furrowed slightly.

"Detective stories?" He tilted his head. "I should ask you for your favorite authors. It sounds an interesting genre, though not one that I would easily find myself tasked to write. Perhaps Bayushi-sama will eventually write down some of his investigations?" He said, turning to include the other samurai in the conversation.
"Well, it's nothing offical, I just help solve problems here and there, although... Detective Bayushi has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" he mused with a pleased tone. "In any event, I'm not much for the written word, although I'm happy to share some stories if you ever wish to write them, Kitsuki-san."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:03 pm

"We'll see. I confess I'd rather solve a problem, too, than dream one up, but it might be a fun exercise." He smiled. "A Kitsuki and a Scorpion samurai--together, they fight crime!" He canted his hips just a little as he raised his finger to cup his chin in thought. "It could work."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:09 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:03 pm
"We'll see. I confess I'd rather solve a problem, too, than dream one up, but it might be a fun exercise." He smiled. "A Kitsuki and a Scorpion samurai--together, they fight crime!" He canted his hips just a little as he raised his finger to cup his chin in thought. "It could work."
Bayushi gave a chuckle. "I like it! Now, if you notice anything going on around here-"

The Scorpion cut himself off. "Allow me to state more correctly: if you notice anything going on that is a crime, count me in, my friend."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Hajime couldn't help but smirk the politest of smirks. "You are most amusing, Bayushi-sama. Hai, I shall do just that. You may have to fight off my kinsmen for a spot, though. The Kitsuki are frightfully well represented here."