[D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Hajime reserved his response to allow the Bayushi to come to his own conclusions, but to the Shosuro he said:

"I am unfamiliar with the story, but the broad strokes are easy enough to read. If the work is purely fictitious, then I might say I find the political overtones a bit cliche." He turned his head. "That's why I say it's about love...the danger in it, anyway. I assume the Shika would have us be...aware of some trends to undercut the general rush toward easy affection."

...oops, maybe he hadn't really reserved his response at all. Bad habit, that.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:35 pm

"The story told however...", he trailed off, continuing to think.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:48 pm

"You know it?" Hajime tilted his head in obvious curiosity.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:10 pm

"Kitsuki-san, I agree. The artist is trying to warn the viewer against being unfaithful. Musubi versus Benten, and all that." He turned to the other two, with a glint in his eyes from where they looked out through the mask. "As if to say, 'Don't get carried away.'"

His bearing straightened up. "I do love intuiting a clue, even a seemingly small one such as this."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:54 pm

Hajime looked mildly perplexed. "It seems you both know the tale better than I, minna-samas. Do the crushed blossoms represent those that were unfaithful to her, or to their spouses with her?"

"Glittering detail
Lights clear water; shows nothing.
Swamp of ignorance."

Agenda Push--Composition/Air | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:21 am

"One person playing many parts, representing different stages of relationships, but always with violence involved", Hikimasu said. "The crushed flowers definitely suggest murder, but I don't think this woman had love, just lovers."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:50 am

Hajime's lips formed the slightest pout. "That is..." he recovered pretty quickly. "...I think we are agreeing, Shosuro-sama. In an oblique sort of way." His eyes slid to the the right. "Though if the rumors are to be believed, the lesson given here has not been received very well by some in attendance."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:07 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:50 am
Hajime's lips formed the slightest pout. "That is..." he recovered pretty quickly. "...I think we are agreeing, Shosuro-sama. In an oblique sort of way." His eyes slid to the the right. "Though if the rumors are to be believed, the lesson given here has not been received very well by some in attendance."
Bayushi coughed lightly. "By some, Kitsuki-san?" He turned away from the painting and back towards the other two. "Some of the talk in Uguisu's Song... Well, let's say it has done nothing but confirm my understanding of how desires govern human nature."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:10 am

Hikimasu looked away slightly, focusing on the painting still. He was quiet about that sort of thing. Despite him likely spilling the beans later to Unsei, he really wasn't much of a gossip. It seemed ridiculous to talk about it when there was no advantage. Doing so was just partaking in another form of self-satisfaction, the same as people who seek a passionate but meaningless tryst.

"I think we did, at that", he mentioned to Hajime. "It took me a moment. I enjoy art and reading, but there are times it escapes me."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:24 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:07 am

Bayushi coughed lightly. "By some, Kitsuki-san?" He turned away from the painting and back towards the other two. "Some of the talk in Uguisu's Song... Well, let's say it has done nothing but confirm my understanding of how desires govern human nature."
Hajime nodded slowly, though if he were honest, he wasn't entirely able to place who Uguisu was at the moment. Perhaps it would come to him later.
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:10 am

"I think we did, at that", he mentioned to Hajime. "It took me a moment. I enjoy art and reading, but there are times it escapes me."
Oblivious to the internal judgment, Hajime offered a small smile. "I struggled learning it all as a boy. I wanted nothing more than to be a great magistrate like my father, but of course mother had other ideas, and here I am, a writer." He sighed. "I suppose what I mean to say is that it all can be learned. Just like the skill of speaking directly can be forgotten, it would seem."