[D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kitsuki Hajime

[D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Hajime felt as though he had done particularly well. Perhaps mother's admonitions were starting to take effect. He had successfully ignored the stimulus for some time. But there comes a point where the odd, the strange, the outré in this world reaches out and takes hold of a person and forces them to ask: Why?!

So it was with the art in the hallway. He moved slowly up the hall, taking in each painting in sequence, eyes not so much stunned as just plain curious. What was this all about? What sort of message is being sent? Why are the guards watching me do this?

All right, that last question was a pretty easy one, but that second question! That was the key. Hajime was sure of it.

Sentiment/Water to gain some insight into the possible motivations for putting up these particular paintings in the hallway. | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

[I'd like to use that to reduce my Strife, as I am starting to pursue a Passion. Also, I'd definitely like to make use of the Kitsuki's Method technique to add an Opportunity, then spend the 2 opportunity on the Survey spiel to spot 2 unique or interesting details about the paintings or the situation.]
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Saibankan

Re: [D2, EM, Open] So...I have some questions.

Post by Saibankan » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:29 pm

Hajime stared at the paintings.

The last painting looked back at him.

It was a silent battle of wills as Hajime tried to divine the reasoning behind the placement of the portraits....but in the end, the painting could not be enticed to speak....because it was a painting.

During his battle, though, he did count the number of petals upon each crushed flower, and the number of scorpions depicted in each painting. It was useless trivia really, any non-Dragon magistrate would have assured him....yet he felt it was something Kitsuki himself would have made a note of, so he did.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:55 pm
Hajime felt as though he had done particularly well. Perhaps mother's admonitions were starting to take effect. He had successfully ignored the stimulus for some time. But there comes a point where the odd, the strange, the outré in this world reaches out and takes hold of a person and forces them to ask: Why?!

So it was with the art in the hallway. He moved slowly up the hall, taking in each painting in sequence, eyes not so much stunned as just plain curious. What was this all about? What sort of message is being sent? Why are the guards watching me do this?
Early for the event and not spending his usual time with Renjiro-sama, Hikimasu found himself in the hallways and came upon Kitsuki Hajime, who was staring at a particular set of art that was strewn about the halls.

He had a small bag with his things for the meeting, and shouldered it properly before approaching, to take in the paintings himself.

Oh? That's rather nice...and cruel.

He wondered if he knew the painter, not that it mattered, he wasn't anything symbolic there, he was certain.

"Good morning, Kitsuki-san. Have you had rice?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:47 pm

"Ah, are we admiring the artwork?"

Another Scorpion appeared, dressed in red slashed artfully by black and snowy grey. He came up next to them, nodding respectfully, and stared at the painting, whatever he might think of it hidden by his full mask. "These are some interesting pieces."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Early for the event and not spending his usual time with Renjiro-sama, Hikimasu found himself in the hallways and came upon Kitsuki Hajime, who was staring at a particular set of art that was strewn about the halls.

He had a small bag with his things for the meeting, and shouldered it properly before approaching, to take in the paintings himself.

Oh? That's rather nice...and cruel.

He wondered if he knew the painter, not that it mattered, he wasn't anything symbolic there, he was certain.

"Good morning, Kitsuki-san. Have you had rice?"
Hajime turned to face the Scorpion and bow respectfully. "I have, Shosuro-sama. Good morning." His smile was cautious, but not cold. Demure, perhaps.
Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:47 pm
"Ah, are we admiring the artwork?"

Another Scorpion appeared, dressed in red slashed artfully by black and snowy grey. He came up next to them, nodding respectfully, and stared at the painting, whatever he might think of it hidden by his full mask. "These are some interesting pieces."
"Good morning, Bayushi-sama." He nodded toward the works. "I must agree. I did not expect to see such a wide variety of the nuances of love displayed so prominently here."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Hikimasu looked skeptical. "Love?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Hajime's smile froze. "Perhaps not for the principal subject, no." The atmosphere grew somewhat chillier. "But for her...victims?"

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:10 pm

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:06 pm
Hajime's smile froze. "Perhaps not for the principal subject, no." The atmosphere grew somewhat chillier. "But for her...victims?"
"Victims?" Bayushi glanced at the Dragon, then back at the paintings. "Well now I am intrigued, Kitsuki-san. What exactly are we investigating here?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 pm

Normally Hikimasu would roll his eyes at a Kitsuki assuming they're a Scorpion's victims.

He just didn't really think he was wrong.

He wished he knew more about it other than the general feeling of empty in his chest it gave him. Scorpion tend to feel deep sadness about the wrong things anyway.

"Likely."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:17 pm

Bayushi looked more closely at the paintings, doing his own examination. "Let me see..."

(D2, EM) Examining some paintings - Sentiment (Void) - Agenda Push | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

[opportunity used to show off with Void]
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer