(D2, MM) Love Throughout History (Event)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D2, MM) Love Throughout History (Event)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:29 pm

Yuzu knew that he would nail this one down. After all, his ancestors were, in grand part, Emperors and other impressive Imperial Family members.

After bowing politely to the nakodo, the young Seppun begins, "My grandmother, Hantei Reohime-heika, that was once Kakita Reohime. She is an example of everything a samurai should strive for. Elegant, balanced, honorable and always polite –– even in the direst of situations."

Closing his eyes, he brings another name to the fold, "Hantei Muhaki-shiryo-heika. Our Honorable Emperor that assumed the Throne after Hantei Yugozohime-shiryo-heika passed. He made sure the Empire was safe once again after the Battle of the White Stag, and, instead of claiming the throne to his own progeny, he rightfully returned it to his niece, Hantei Retsuhime-shiryo-heika, first daughter of Hantei Yugozohime-shiryo-heika.

For some odd reason, he reminds himself of someone that is actually a bad example, and starts with a snort, "The despicable Otomo Jama. He coveted the throne after abdicating and brought misfortune to out glorious Empire. That was someone I have the displeasure to keep in mind. He's not a direct Ancestor, in any fashion."

Noticing he shouldn't have brought up such a name for an interview such as this, the young Seppun takes a deep breath and recalls another glorious name to the fold that he thinks would suit admirably, "Hantei Genji-shiryo-heika. The Shining Prince. He was the son of a Kami, but a mortal man. Took the heritage of his father with great honor, and improved it as it was expected. Traditions were respected, and others created during his reign."

He provides another bow and prepares to leave quite disappointed at himself.

--
A proud lineage of focus: Earth/Meditation - those that abdicated must resolves themselves to serve the Child of Heavens. Kuge Lineage as distinction. | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image ImageOpportunity: 2 Show off

A proud lineage of focus: Earth/Meditation - those that abdicated must resolves themselves to serve the Child of Heavens. Kuge Lineage as distinction. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image ImageOpportunity: 2 Show Off

A proud lineage of focus: Earth/Meditation - those that abdicated must resolves themselves to serve the Child of Heavens. Kuge Lineage as distinction. | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image
Opportunity: 1 Show Off

A proud lineage of focus: Earth/Meditation - those that abdicated must resolves themselves to serve the Child of Heavens. Kuge Lineage as distinction. | TN: 4 | Success: 7 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 5
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Opportunity: 2 Show off

Ranking assistance:
3 rolls passed
7 opportunities used to show off
4 total bonus success
3 highest total bonus success on a single roll
50 Status
46 Glory
61 Honor

Yuzu becomes compromised
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Aimi, of no family and no clan, stares at the matchmaker. Her plain clothing and weather-beaten face seem only to underline the fact of who and what she is. And this woman asks her to speak of her ancestors, the stars in her sky?

Have it your way.

"My ancestors, Shika-sama?" She says with a small smile, holding up the small item she brought with her. A piece of paper, neatly folded and marked with characters in a steady hand. "Of course. I wrote all I know of them in this letter."

She blinks, and the paper turns to ash in her hands, taken by the gleeful kami of fire. The ash falls softly across the floor of the small receiving room.

"Now you know as much, or more, than I do," the shugenja says, her eyes glinting with hidden flames, her thoughts racing violently as the insight of the spirits touches her.

Invoking the kami for Fukurukojin's Wit. Theology (Fire) self-target. | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
(Aimi invokes the fire kami. She spends the one opportunity on the roll to cancel out one of the strife, so her strife is now at one.)

"I shall tell you of my family, my brotherhood, my comrades," she says instead, folding her hands in front of her, "The people who made me who I am, as your ancestors made you."

"The first was Haneko, who I called my older sister, though we shared no blood and she was as lowly as I. Her gift for art and calligraphy was second to none, equal to that of any courtier, and from her I learned my letters and my simple proficiency at the arts. I would have called her the equal to any Crane, but she had never the opportunity to prove it."

D2 MM Speaking of Haneko, Aesthetics (Earth) | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
(Failure, albeit only just, and there should have been an additional dice set to opp+strife due to the invocation. Strife is now three)

She's angry, she needs to control that, she can see the way that Shika Pei Pei's eyes are narrowing despite the otherwise flawless nature of her on. A misstep, perhaps, but the spirits of the flame are yet behind her, pushing her onwards.

"Or perhaps I could speak of Mariko, my younger sister, a stray that we adopted when she was but a child. Her fingers were nimble and her voice was clear as a mountain stream, and so we called her a songbird. I cannot carry a tune so well as she, but I should dare any student of the artisan path to say she was anything less than dedicated to her craft."
D2 MM Talking of Mariko and her music, Performance (Earth) | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
(Spending one opp to negate strife, so one opp spare, strife is still three)

No, no, she's allowing her contempt and rage to show, this is not good at all. Aimi stops, and takes a calming breath, centring herself and her wit once more. The gift of the fire kami fades from her eyes, and her tone becomes more resigned.

"Ah, but of course Shika-sama, you did not call me here to hear me rant and rave about my sisters and how they blessed me with some small talent at the arts. Shall I speak instead of the man who saved my life, those early days on the road? His name was Gyoji, and he was not a samurai at all, but rather a merchant of the heimin caste. It was he who taught me the value of coin, the need for modesty and restraint in its spending, the value it could have when carefully used. Without his tutoring I would have starved to death or turned to a life of banditry, and then been slain by some magistrate's blade."

She smiles ruefully, turning her hand palm up in a gesture of 'what can you do'. "Is it improper to speak of peasants, Shika-sama, when all others here tell you of their noble samurai ancestors and their mighty deeds? Perhaps. Yet Shinsei was no samurai, and Matsu a retired bandit, when first they met their lords. From even the lowliest of places can insight be found and destiny be shaped."

D2 MM Gyoji and his money-making ways, Commerce (Earth) | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image
(Success this time but strife rises to six, uh oh.)

Hmm, Pei Pei seemed... not approving, but not disapproving either. She would have to take what she could get.

"And then, of course, there is the one who taught me of my gifts. Which is to say, a monk who taught me of the elements," Aimi sighs at last, shaking her head, "Forgive me, Shika-sama, but I do not know much of him, save that his name was Running Water and he was wiser and kinder than most I could name. He could not hear the kami as I can, nor could any I spoke with, but he taught me respect and the nature of their being, and in so doing gave me the tools to learn what I could of my gifts on my own."

D2 MM Running Water the Monk, Theology (Earth) | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image

(Strife is at seven and, due to other issues, rises even higher after that. Aimi has become Compromised.)

She is shaking when she finishes, the questions of her ancestry and nature having touched a wound that the ronin thought long healed. Shaking slightly, she makes her apologies to the matchmaker, and bows out to leave.

---

Final Summary
Approach = Stars Across the Empire (Four rolls at TN3, with skills from different skill groups each time)
Rolls Passed = 1 out of four
- Note - Two other rolls fell one point short, with two successes each, should that become relevant.
Opportunity = Four left uncommitted, used to make a distinct impression on the matchmaker and hopefully compensate for any downturn in opinion from failing the rolls
Stats at time of test = H36, G36, S24
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Pei Pei glared at the Kaito who seemed spaced out. The Deer woman cleared her throat.
"Oh... my ancestral line....Well there is.... my Togashi father... then.... um... my mother is a Kaito known by the prowess of with the bow... Did I mentioned my Dragon lineage..." She scratched her head. "They like to meditate and climb on to roofs..." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

//
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:45 pm
D2 MM Masters of a field Martial Martial arts (unarmed) earth | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0

D2 MM Event Masters of a field Martial Martial arts Ranged | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

D2 MM Event Masters of a field Martial Meditation | TN: 3 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

D2 MM Event Masters of a field Martial Fitness | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
1 success but no cigar.
2 opportunities to show off
Honor 46
Glory 44
Status 30
Last edited by Kaito Oubaihime on Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:02 pm

Emiko had gone through for her part of the history. Which was something she really did not know well.

"Ano...well, for starters there's my fathers father Kane. He often worked to help protect the geisha working at nights. Then his mother and father were...um..."

She went silent, looking thoughtful, then shook her head.

"My apology, I don't remember."

She bowed, feeling a little embarrassed, and made her way out.

(ooc:
Choosing option 1:
D2 MM event - path 1. Performance/Earth. Roll 1 - TN1 | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image - 2 success 2 strife

D2 MM event - path 1. Performance/Earth. Roll 1 - TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image -1 success 1 opportunity

D2 MM event - path 1. Performance/Earth. Roll 3 - TN3 (corrected for skill number) | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image -1 success 1 opportunity

D2 MM event - path 1. Performance/Earth. Roll 4 - TN4 | TN: 4 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image -2 success 2 strife

Total: 1 passed roll
2 opportunity to heal 2 strife, 2 remaining
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Hikimasu entered the nakodo's domain with his blades as proper, a bokken, a scroll and a calm demeanor. At least it appeared calm, due to dead eyes and the power of EARTH.

"Shika-sama, my family lineage is a strange one when it comes to the Shosuro. Most know my family as aides to the Bayushi, who prefer to entertain and be hospitable. Though a few centuries ago, my ancestor Shosuro Rikimaru studied the blade, and though his technique was as one would expect of a Scorpion, I do take after him in being more calm and logical in my approach at times."

He displayed his skill, putting in great extra effort, yet despite this it wasn't too impressive to watch, albeit effective.

"Though a soldier is nothing without proper mentality on the battlefield, and so it is, as with many, a long tradition to practice the skill of calm in my family." And we all know I could use more of that in this place. "I have been told I take a great deal after Shosuro Manji, who built the horse ranch run by my family in this matter, being able to keep my head despite chaos around me."

As he had learned as a young boy, everyone is terrified, it's simply a matter of not letting it show.

"And of course with a soldier's training comes tactics, as a lord expects their vassals to handle things they cannot be present for", he said and opened a scroll. "I have a record of my family's tactical exploits, some of which you may be aware, but in particular my thought process seems to follow Shosuro Raimon, son of Rikimaru, who defeated Matsu Shigane's men during an incursion into Beiden by the Lion in 971."

He allowed her to view the scroll for as long as she liked, and answered questions in the interview pertaining to it, being knowledgeable in the field, but ultimately not so far beyond what is expected of one as young as he.

"Lastly, I have a talent for enduring difficulties, at the dojo, of many things", most of them embarrassing and unfortunate, "I was known for being stoic in dealing with injury and other adversity." He did in a way, give off the aura of someone who could be strong if needed, someone who could bare things for others. "This I received from my ancestor Shosuro Aito, who famously completed a three night set of acrobatic performances with a damaged ankle and shoulder."

After all of that, though Hikimasu thought he had done well enough. He was tired. He needed to go have some tea and a think.

OOC
Master of a Field (Martial), Earth/Melee, TN 3, distinction | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
Master of a Field (Martial): Mediation/Earth TN 2, Distinction | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Master of a Field (Martial): Tactics/Earth, TN 2, Distinction | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image
Mastery of a Field (Martial): Fitness/Earth, TN 3, Distinction | TN: 3 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image

Success on 4 rolls, 2 opportunities to show off, 2 over successes on Fitness/Earth, 6 strife.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Fujiko took a deep breath to calm her nerves. It was the first time she really met the matchmaker as her illness had seen her outright miss the first day of the miai - a great first impression if there ever was one. Still, what she was asked shouldn't be too hard to answer. After all, her clan was well known for producing artists, and it would be no issue to pick four of them and talk of their skill with a brush. After all, with her own expertise, she could wax on and on about the minute details of the art of, well... art.

The plan was perfect, the risk calculated, but man, was she bad at math.

For all of her mastery of the brush, she'd forgot the important detail that she would have to speak of them, not paint them, and so it went that way:

"Well, of course, first of all, I must talk of our founder, lord Asahina Kaikoga, whose paintings had him recognised by the emperor and led to the very founding of the Moth clan." That one was easy, a freeby. As she'd said, her clan was founded upon painting so she didn't even have to think about it.

"Then, we have, um... lady Hantei no Fujihime. She married into the Doji family after impressing one of them with her skill with Ikebana." She internally winced at that one. She'd chosen her for the prestige of her ancestor as she was trying to show off to make up for her last start, but truth to be told, it was her name rather than her skill that had seen her marry a Doji.

She gripped her hand to stop herself from nervously playing with her hair, but things went downhill from there. She took a sip of the offered tea to calm her nerves, but managed to choke on it. It took all of her strength to stop the tears welling at the side of her eyes at the shame of it, and she started speaking more and more hurriedly as she felt another coughing fit coming. It wouldn't do to have one there, in front of the matchmaker; who would want a wife who'd forever be sick?

"And after that, there's lady Kanahiro Kaikoga, who's famous for her funerary portrait of lord Saitoku Hiruma, and lord Fushimi Kaikoga who painted 'the three nightmares at the gate' that I uh... it's a nice painting. I-" She brought a hand to her mouth as her shoulders shook in a silent cough. "I'm sorry, I need air, please excuse me."

And she fled, as fast as her legs would carry her. She didn't know if she'd have the courage to come back once her fit died down, but she somewhat doubted it'd be asked of her anyway; less than a hundred words could hardly do justice to the skill of honoured ancestors, after all. Surely, she had done the worse out of all the participants here.

At least she took solace in the fact that she hadn't tried to exalt her lineage's skill for poetry or eloquence...

---
rolls:

Proud lineage of focus, roll 1 (earth 1 aesthetics 3) | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image
opportunity taken to show off

Proud lineage of focus, roll 2 (earth 1, aesthetic 2, tn2) | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
opportunity taken to lessen the failure (hey, look at my lineage!)

Proud lineage of focus, roll 3 (earth 1, aesthetics 3, tn3) | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image

proud lineage of focus, roll 4 (earth 1, aesthetics 3, tn4) | TN: 4 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image
(opportunity taken to lessen failure (hey, I know my stuff and have a genuine interest in it!))
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:22 pm

Hajime's recitation began confidently enough.

"I would be happy, Shika-sama, to enumerate the ways in which my ancestors have demonstrated their acumen in reading the souls of men through the fruit of their labor and their words. My father's line derives from Kitsuki Li Jie, who was among the first students Kitsuki brought with him from the Agasha family to found the Kitsuki family. Li Jie made several key contributions to Kitsuki's investigations during the early years of the Family, and in his own time was instrumental in uncovering the eminence grise behind the Affair of the Soiled Tatami which so perplexed the magistracy at the Winter Court of 843."

D2 Event, Option 1, Roll 1. Earth/Sentiment | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Success! Opportunity spent for showing off.

"My mother's line is derived from the House of Doji, having descended from Doji Nio's second-born great-grandson. I have little need, I am sure, in recounting their legendary prowess in the courts. And, should their skills have been known to have been passed on to the Shika through the blood, there is little reason not to believe that they will have done something similar for me."

Perhaps a little too bold, there, Hajime. Turn down the ol' ego.

Event, Option 1, Roll 2. Earth: Sentiment | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image

Current STRIFE COUNT: 2 or possibly 5 Success! Sweating on the inside, though.

"My paternal Grandfather was Kitsuki Shinzaemon, a courtier and official in Togashi-ue's administration. His duties included the careful enumeration of goods received as taxation. He created several important efficiencies in the system, but perhaps most importantly, no discrepancies between amounts received and amounts owed to the state went un-investigated or un-punished during his tenure. So effective was he in discovering the nature and reasons of the discrepancy, and the ability of those in arrears to repay, that he became known as the Inari of Iron Mountain, for he was said to know every grain of rice grown in Dragon lands."

And if that had very little to do with Sentiment, at least he was a great man.

Day 2 Event, Option 1, Roll 3. Earth: Sentiment | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image

Failure. Use 1 opportunity to negate strife. Use other opportunity to show off.

"And my maternal grandmother was Doji Chisei, the famed storyteller, who kept the Winter Court of Kyuden Asako spellbound through the Long Winter twelve years ago. Her stories were said to have inspired the Emperor to compose a poem in her honor."

Again, perhaps not really about Doji Chisei's social acumen, but definitely a feather in the family cap.

Day 2 Event: Option 1, Roll 4, Earth: Sentiment | TN: 4 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Failure. Use 1 opportunity to show off.
Last edited by Kitsuki Hajime on Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Inoshishi politely takes the tea and does fairly well for her small talk portion. Of course, she takes over most of the small talk and inevitably shifts it to stories, fireworks, or other things of interest to her.

When requested to speak on her ancestors, her eyes light up and she nearly chokes on her tea, so great is her excitement.

“Oh wow, my ancestors, oh there’s so many stories!

First, of course, there’s my esteemed parents, I am obligated to them greatly for their submission to the duty to raise the next generation of samurai. They live at the High House of Light. My mother, Akari, was formerly a Matsu that became an Ikoma Bard, much to the shame of her more traditional parents. She was fond of stories, which she often told me. She married my father, Agasha Hijiri after an event much like this one! My parents gave me my passions and drives, so they are of course important!”

A proud lineage of focus: Performance-TN1 | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image

A proud lineage of focus: Performance-TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image

“Next I’d have to say it’s my great-great-grand-uncle Agashi Hirotimi!” Flustered by mispronouncing his name, her eyes widen for a moment and it’s only with a deep breath that she continues.

“Agasha Hirotomi, I mean. He discovered that if you apply fire to the mineral that we use to keep the magnificent fountains at our castle clean, the fire turns green! After this discovery, he worked hard on the signal fires of the Dragon, finding new and creative uses for his discovery!”

A proud lineage of focus: Performance-TN3 | TN: 3 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

And finally, my five times great grand aunt, Ikoma Chika. Oh wait, I guess I’m not actually related to her? Cause she didn’t have any kids, but her stories were really interesting and her love of theatrical fire inspired me!” Not a great note to finish on…

A proud lineage of focus: Performance-TN4 | TN: 4 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image

2 Rolls Passed
2 Opportunities to show off
1 bonus success
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:44 pm

D2 MM - Love throughout history - Earth/Fitness (void for +1 ring) TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
(Opp to show off)

D2 MM - Love Throughout History - Earth/Martial Arts(Melee) - TN2 | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image

D2 MM - Love Throughout History - Earth/Meditation - TN3 | TN: 3 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image

D2MM - Love Throughout History - Meditation (Void for +1 ring) | TN: 3 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 5
Image Image Image Image Image Image
(2 Opps - 1 to reduce strife gained, 1 to show off)
Taking a seat, Moshumaru gave the Shika a smile before he began recalling his history.

"It is fair to say that my lineage has served as more than a bridge between true-blooded Kitsu and the Matsu over the years. They have served as prime examples of the martial prowess of the Lion. Beginning with the ancestor I was named after, Kitsu Moshuhime, the red mist of the Lion..."

-- -- --
Sorting data:
Approach - Masters of the Field (Martial skills)
3 Successes
2 Oppurtunities used to show off
1 Excess success

Strife gained: 7
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Mitsuki came to the trial riding her horse, and while she had to leave it in the courtyard, she carried its presence with her, dressed in riding clothes as if she was about to jump back on it at any moment, playing straight all clichés about the Unicorn.

But really, could she do otherwise? Her ancestors, the warriors, the priests, the merchants, the poets even, everything they did, they did from horseback. The Burning Sands were so just so big, the cliché about living on one's horse was not that far from the truth, as one had to spend a great deal of their time riding to reach the next battle, shrine, market, scene.

So she did her best to convey the majesty of these riders to her audience, narrating her story in the same style as if she was haranguing her troops from her saddle, standing straight and even attempting at having her coat float dramatically.

"My ancestors are many, their reputation flawless, their achievements innumerable. Having to tell the tale of only four of them breaks my heart. But I'll abide by my duty.

First, Moto Hanzhi of the Silent Forest, she who sacrificed herself to lead astray a great enemy army deep into the woods, allowing many of her brothers and sisters in arms to escape on that day and to find victory on the next.

Next, Moto Min-hee the Ever-Changing, they who lived several lives through the course of one, each with so much success that to this day we don't know if they were an actor who ended up playing the role of a military commander, or a military commander with a passion for acting.

Third, Moto Yongtai the Mirror-Eyed, the seer of the Lords of Death who could gaze directly into the well of souls inside each individual and show them a glimpse of their ancestors' wisdom in the reflection of their own eyes.

And finally, Moto Sarangerel the Avatar of Victory, she who had mastered every way to triumph on the battlefield, from onslaught of pure strength to the finest trickery, and to which nowadays commanders still offer a prayer in the hope her spirit will come their help."

In retrospect, while they were glorious ancestors that had joined the ranks of the Lords of Death, maybe so much talking about ghost summoning wasn't the best of idea.

---

D2MM | Love Throughout History | A proud lineage of focus | Horse ridding, what else? | Earth/Survival (TN1) | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
D2MM | Love Throughout History | A proud lineage of focus | Horse ridding, what else? | Earth/Survival (TN2) | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
D2MM | Love Throughout History | A proud lineage of focus | Horse ridding, what else? | Earth/Survival (TN3) | Void Point | TN: 3 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image
D2MM | Love Throughout History | A proud lineage of focus | Horse ridding, what else? | Earth/Survival (TN4) | TN: 4 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

Total: 2 rolls passed, 4 opportunities, 1 bonus success, 1 strife.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck