[Day 1, Early Afternoon] At Loose Ends (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 1, Early Afternoon] At Loose Ends (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:05 pm

"Sounds about right. Big friggin' birds."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:04 am

"You're making a good case for me wanting to talk to them and not really to fight them. Rukh-riding is the stuff of legend, generally the climax of a tale and something that happens at most once in a hero's life.

And a rukh isn't supposed to be something you can just kill with a stray arrow. It requires powerful magic... But I guess the Phoenix is covered on that front.

But like, do you do nothing but fight them? As discussed earlier, actual war is but a small portion of the soldier's life. There must be time when you are at relative peace with your neighbors, and where there's peace, there's trade, and where there's trade, there's talking happening."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:55 am

"Oh, I try not to fight them at all. Generally speaking, if they raid across the border, we go thump them a little, but I've also stood watch along the border and just... like. Watched them."

He shrugged.

"They're just people, unfashionable as it is to admit. A bit weird to us, but..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:04 am

"The world has its monsters and magical creatures, but I have yet to visit a place where they outnumber the people. Even the most unwelcoming spots of the Burning Sands have more human travelers than djinns."

A thought.

"Well, I guess one of the reasons for that is that the Crab Clan does its job well. The Unicorn and the Phoenix have it easy in their border-related duties compared to them."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:50 am

"True enough. When I have to fight, it's usually just human beings who die the same way I might. The Crab..."

He shook his head.

"Some of the ronin I've worked with had served with them. They say it's every bit as awful as the Crab claim."
Remember to Breathe