[D1: LM:Open] A Painting of Some Moderate Horror

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D1: LM:Open] A Painting of Some Moderate Horror

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:27 am

Koi levelled a look on the guard for a moment as she lightly fanned herself. "Ah, yes that is more than reasonable Shika-sama."

"The Moth Clan in a very summary version of what we do is identify, interpret and reveal information gathered from Yume-do either by our own adventurers into the realm, from dreams told to use by those that would use our understanding to help resolve something that alludes them or by studying the spirits that call Yume-do their home - in which those would be Baku spirits." She said, calmly as if she was explaining herself to a sensi - no dramatics, not coyness but simple truths - they deal with all things dream related.

"One of my duties is to take this chance within Kyuden Shika to see if the landscape of this city has changed the denizens of Yume-do and the connection to the realm. This city is filled with a history of love, dreams, passion and heartbreak as one would expect from a place that deals with Miai's and that is a curious thing to behold. I wish to see how that has affected the realm of Dream here." She explained, and for a moment paused in her explanation considering something before continuing. "In the recent years, we have noticed that something dark and malicious has affected the Realm of Dreams, tainting the Baku Spirits when once they were jovial and kind. I believe that finding out what happened is important but we need further information and research done."

"Kyuden Shika lies next to a very old forest that harbours stories of spirits that might help give me further insight that I need before I present it to my clan. I want to gain permission to do an study of the Aokami Forest so I need to do further background research of Kyuden Shika before I present my findings to Shika-dono." She said her cadence of speech perhaps quickening a spell as she seemed troubled by something else.

[D1, LM] Agenda Push: Water/ Theology. TN 2. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1

((OOC: I think I did that correctly.))
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Pei Pei nodded.

"It is wise that you ask permission first, Kaikoga-san. The spirits of the forest are mostly benign, but as we are responsible for your safety as you stay with us, it would be unfortunate if some misfortune were to befall you." she said, matter-of-factly. If only Koi had remembered these words before going singing in the dark later that evening.

"I cannot speak for the experience of others, but I would say that my dreams have definitely changed as I have grown older. When I was a young girl, they were much more...fanciful with a tinge of the exciting of the unknown. But as I age, my dreams shift from looking forward to looking backward. I am drawn to revisit things that had happened in the past, and how they could have gone differently. The dreams of a youth become harder to remember, while the dreams OF youth grow stronger. A samurai does not give in to fear or regret, but in our dreams we confront both." she relays.
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:19 pm

Koi bowed her head listening, and later she would regret her actions immensely so. "Aye, I shall Shika-sama."

Koi listened, and smiled warmly. "Those dreams are good dreams though. I once asked my Father about something similar when I was younger, as we begin studying dreams from a young age and I remember fondly taking me and placing me on a rock in our forest."

"He say; 'Dreams draw you into the past because someone needs to tell those tales. When the battles are fought and won and lost, when the adventurers find their treasures and the dragons eat their foes for breakfast with a nice cup of soba noodles, someone needs to tell their bits of overlapping narrative. There's magic in that. It's in the listener, and for each and every ear it will be different, and it will affect them in ways they can never predict. From the mundane to the profound. You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows what they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift...everyones gift." Koi said softly, and smiled.

"I can not even begin to imagine the lives and stories you have touched within your life, Shika-sama but is an honour to know you now. Perhaps, for a spell would you care to tell me a few? It'll help." She said politely with no indication that she was trying to gain any insight, no she said it with genuine kindness of someone who is simply doing their duty to help someone - compassion.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Pei Pei considered it and nodded.

"I think that would be lovely, Kaikoga-san, but perhaps not somewhere so....public." she said with a brief glance at Koi's favorite guard.

"Come, let us walk for awhile and talk of dreams." she offered, the pair walking to towards a...

/scene
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”