[D0, EM) Allow Me to Introduce Myself (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Seppun Yuzu

Re: [D0, EM) Allow Me to Introduce Myself (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:45 am

"Oh. that sort of propriety. Not proprietary. I apologize." He rubs his chin while wincing a bit a the mistake, then looks back at Hajime, asking, "More relaxed wouldn't be too bad. I'll keep a keen eye for such moves, of course. A chaperone perhaps, for official meetings. What does Kitsuki-san think?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 am

Hajime considered that for a moment, but any misgivings were quickly washed away in consideration of Yuzu's age. "I think that may well be wise, Seppun-sama. The relaxed atmosphere should find itself righted by a careful kinsman."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:32 am

The boy nods, reminding himself about another Seppun in the guest list he was provided with. "I'll see to that then."

A couple of extra steps, and the long corridors do prove to be long indeed. He asks, "How has been Kitsuki-san travel here: Any important matter the Dragon seeks with the Deer?"
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:51 pm

"No, Seppun-sama. Just the matter of my marriage, I am afraid." He tilted his head. "The journey was pleasant enough, however, though I have always found the Lion territories distressingly flat. The forest here is a welcome change."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 pm

"Soka."

Yuzu doesn't remember Hajime's name on his list and then nods a couple of times, "Now that I think over it again, Kitsuki-san's name wasn't at all in the list I've been given. I wonder how many other competitors there'll be."
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:00 pm

"I am sure that I do not know," Hajime replied. "If Seppun-sama's list was 'curated' in light of his requirements, I would imagine that mine was as well."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:05 pm

He takes a small amulet with written blessings from Benten from one of his arm sleeves and shows the rolled up list attached to it to Hajime. "Mother gave me this. Quite a lot of names and notes."
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:11 pm

Hajime nodded slowly as he scanned the names. "But not exhaustive. There is Shiba Raizo, Shika Nesshin, Shosuro Hikimasu, my own kinsman Kiyonobu, at least two Kitsu...your mother seems to have pruned the flowers of this court rather comprehensively, though why she chose to leave the ronin...well, perhaps there's something there that bears looking at.

"I confess myself curious as to what she means by "goal." It seems ever so vague, almost as though it were meant to pique one's curiosity. A truly interesting list, Seppun-sama."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:21 pm

Yuzu raises an eyebrow at the mention of the names, knowing all too well his mother, a traditionalist Seppun, would want to have grandchildren in the very same way she had her own. If Fortunes would be kind to her. The boy leaves that behind, not willing to focus much on her own ways, and shares a similar frustration. "I also don't understand why she wrote goals, or large... for that matter."
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:03 pm

Hajime smirks. "Our ancestors were fond of large women because...well, it all comes down to fertility, I am afraid. I am sure that your mother is merely keeping that in mind."