[D0, EM) Allow Me to Introduce Myself (Open)

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Seppun Yuzu

[D0, EM) Allow Me to Introduce Myself (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:55 pm

As decorum demands, the Governor of Chisei had guaranteed that protocols were met by informing of his due arrival to the Shika main retainers within the castle proper. At the Deer's behest, he would be ready for a meeting, and wouldn't be uncouth to request one so early. Gifts were in hand... just in case.

He walks back from the officers room checking the details and the different styles of the wide rooms and corridors of the castle.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D0, EM) Allow Me to Introduce Myself (Open)

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:25 pm

The proper protocols having long been drilled into him by his mother, Hajime had traced the expected arc from inn to castle much the same as the young Seppun. After having presented his credentials to the governor's staff, he found himself dawdling in a receiving room just off the main entryway, perusing a scroll rack. Upon seeing the Seppun on his way out, Hajime's eyes widened, and he stepped forward to make a swift, but precise and formal bow.

"Seppun-sama," he said quietly and with a small smile, "a pleasure to see you again. Have you had rice?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Imperceptible for many, if not the most skilled duelists, Yuzu's left hand instinctively moves closer to his saya at the swift approach. Recognizing Hajime's voice and peaceful approach eases any tension and the tall boy greets back in a similar bow. "Kitsuki-san."

He takes a moment to look at the Dragon and then returns the greeting proper, "I've been blessed before arriving, hai. I also hope the Fortunes have been kind to Kisuki-san as well. Please, do treat me well."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:11 pm

"Seppun-sama will be pleased to learn that Inari has smiled on me as well, and that treating Seppun-sama well has ever been the intention of this samurai, humble and clumsy though his efforts may be."

The requisite self-deprecation complete, Hajime sidled into the next wave of pleasantry. "I trust that Seppun-sama has found the journey from Otosan-Uchi a pleasant one? The lay of the Crane countryside has always been quite pleasing to my eye."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:19 pm

"It is my first journey outside Otosan Uchi." He says, looking to the paintings in the wall, "Everything seems so... less striking while inside. Yet, much alive while on the roads."
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:23 pm

Hajime nodded. "It is much like a garden, things grow faster in their native soil." He tilted his head. "I think the next few weeks will have some surprises for you, Seppun-sama. I have heard that we are to have the company of far more country samurai than either of us may be accustomed to seeing. I imagine it will be quite educational, to see how social customs have developed away from their natural habitat."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Yuzu’s brows furrow at the thought of not having a clear picture of what a country samurai would actually be. “Soka… Kitsuki-san means they’re that different from us? Should I concern myself?”
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:16 pm

Hajime tilted his head slightly. "Not overmuch, Seppun-sama. They have a tendency to be a slight bit more relaxed in their conduct, with less emphasis on propriety, but I should think that most would not be overeager to cause offense to a man of your station."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:46 pm

"Propriety?" He tilts his head again. "Many of them are land lords, too? I wasn't aware."
DescriptionTheme

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:34 pm

Hajime nodded slowly. "I imagine most are un-landed, Seppun-sama, more's the pity. I imagine many of the landed families have already conducted arrangements for their children long ago."