D14 ME - The War is Over

Wide hallways through which the low and high pass en route to their affairs
Kitsu Moshumaru

D14 ME - The War is Over

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 pm

What drove him to do this? To seek a meeting between the Emerald Magistrate and Shika Katsuteru on the eve of his exit?

It was a suspicion. He had heard Doji Oharu had been in favour of Deer involvement, and Narumi's reaction was...

Narumi. What was going on with that woman?

And Bo... And Soyokaze...

Nevertheless, he had arranged everything he could. Suitable gifts, fine teas, dinner - it was all there for one, final talk.

One final clash.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shika Katsuteru

Re: D14 ME - The War is Over

Post by Shika Katsuteru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:04 am

Katsuteru was the first to arrive. He offered a reasonable bow.

"I have to admit, Kitsu-san, I am honored to meet with you today. Most spend the day of the announce of their partner with their future partner as they start to plan their marriage. I trust that you have not invited me here to implore me to overturn your arraignments.." he says.
Castellan of Kyuden Shika * Veteran * Scarred

"Under my watch, Kyuden Shika will remain as safe from it's enemies, as it is hospitable to it's guests."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:45 am

Shika Katsuteru wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:04 am
Katsuteru was the first to arrive. He offered a reasonable bow.

"I have to admit, Kitsu-san, I am honored to meet with you today. Most spend the day of the announce of their partner with their future partner as they start to plan their marriage. I trust that you have not invited me here to implore me to overturn your arraignments.." he says.
The Kitsu bowed deeply.

"Your trust is well placed, Shika-sama; I could not be more overjoyed with my marriage arrangements. That said, there is something I felt I needed to do before I left."

He checked to see if the door was clear before continuing.

"From my understanding, it was Doji-sama, the Emerald magistrate, who first wished to entice the Deer to war. If that is true, then as someone committed to preventing Deer involvement I felt some responsibility in one last discussion, to try and ensure he doesn't seek to persecute or hurt the Deer in some way."

He patted to two bundles.

"I have also bought gifts for the two of you - I feel it would be best to wait until our other guest arrives, no?"
PM if thread desired

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:26 pm

He didn't have to wait long, as the rosewood cane slowly thumped it's way down the halls. After a while the door slid open, and Doji Oharu slowly made his way into the room, offerring each man a bow proper for thier station. If he was even the slightest bit fussed about the Kitsu's interference, it didn't show on theat well trained Crane On.

"Gentlemen, a day where Musubi, Benten, and Lady Sun are all smiling together, I hope it finds you well." he ays.
Crane Clan * Emerald Magistrate * Lame

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:43 pm

The Kitsu, of course, bowed deeply. This was an Emerald magistrate, after all.

"Doji-sama, I thank you greatly for agreeing to meet us on this most auspicious day. Please, minna-sama, be seated-"

As he said this, he looked to the magistrate as if to offer his assistance in the matter, if required,

"-food will be arriving shortly."
PM if thread desired

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:43 pm

A small shake of the head waives off the Kitsu's impulse to offer aid without it being commented on. Oharu instead carefully lowered himself to the table, a thing he had done many many times.

"Our Deer hosts have been quite the hosts in all matters, even culinary. Hopefully Kitsu-san is able to find acceptable replacements as he makes his journey away from Kyuden Shika. The quality of the inn one is residing at certainly makes the difference between a trip and a journey." he offers.

Katsutery, for his part, inclined his head at the Crane's praise of the host, and seated himself as well.

"While the yoirki chase him down, why don't we talk a little bit about what happened and what will happen?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:43 pm

"Thank you, Doji-sama; let me also express my best wishes for your travels as well, and share similar compliments to our glorious hosts."

He turned to his bag, pulling out two wrapped gifts.

"As thanks for agreeing to meet me at this hour, I would like to offer you both gifts. During my time here, I have been inspired to make a number of works - as show of my appreciation, I have gifted you both with a copy of something inspired by this miai. I find it speaks most positively of our time here."

[Shika Katsuteru and Doji Oharu have been gifted a copy of This poem. ]
PM if thread desired

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm

After two handwaved gifts of refusals so the rest of the time was not eaten up by them, both men accepted their copy of the poem. Moshumaru felt it probably went over better with the Deer, but Oharu did not seem displeased with it at least.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:53 pm

...Here went nothing.

"You may notice, minna-sama, that you have been given the same poem. This is not an insult, this is not an idle man's move. This is a symbol - of the one Rokugan, the one Emperor we are all in servitude of."

He pondered his next words carefully.

"We have recently come into conflict over a historical decision, one which could set the very fate of Rokugan along one path or another. One which would determine the life and death of those involved."

It was obvious what that was, but still.

"While the fortunes bless us, I am hoping to come to some kind of... I suppose reconciliation would be the right word, or at least begin the process."

And there it was.
PM if thread desired

Doji Oharu

Post by Doji Oharu » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:45 am

Oharu considered the Lion's oh so careful words, and shook his head.

"Far too hasty, Kitsu-san. You cannot reconcile with someone as you swing your sword at them. From what I've heard, Lady Matsu intends to send every Crane she can to Emma-O until she avenges her champion. One would normally hope the Emerald Champion would intervene in such a matter before things grew too dire, but given that that is now Akodo Toturi and his own particular proclivities...that seems exceedingly unlikely." he explains.

He paused a moment letting the weight of the upcoming tragedy have an impact before continuing.

Had the Deer opted to assist the Crane, their spears might have slowed the slaughter. Granted, Deer lives would have been lost alongside Crane lives, but likely not so nearly many lives in total as will be. But the Deer are not the Crane, and the Lion have made war upon the Crane more summers than they have not. Neither of them owe anything to the Crane. And there are precious few people who could singlehandedly stop the upcoming slaughter. If you're not them, you can only do what you can, and your actions either will lead to an increased loss of life, or a decreased one. I will sleep tonight knowing that I did what I could to try and save lives, even if I could not save a soul, and Shika-san will sleep tonight knowing that he did what he did to save the lives of Deer for whom he is responsible. And Kitsu-san.....well, Kitsu-san will likely sleep untroubled by his actions, dreaming of his upcoming marriage."

The words were spoken without bitterness, nor any hope of them effecting either listener in even the tiniest way. But they were words that needed to be spoken, lest the Lion try to claim in bad faith that they tried to reconcile but the Crane were being unreasonable, or to try to convince the Deer that the Crane were bringing retribution to their doorstep. That was, after all, a Lion specialty, not a Crane one.