(D9, LA) Aligning Proposals

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Seppun Yuzu

(D9, LA) Aligning Proposals

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:51 am

Yuzu makes his way to the hall and waits for Shika Pei-Pei.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Shika Pei Pei

Re: (D9, LA) Aligning Proposals

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:03 am

Pei Pei wasn't thrilled to be called into the hallway by the boy who had so far shown hismelf full of little else but empty bragging. But years of experience formed a pleasant seeming mask.

"How may I help you today, Seppun-san?" she asked, mildly interested in what had gotten into the boy now.
Deer Clan * Matchmaker * Experienced

“Now, pour the tea.”

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:10 pm

The boy provides a greeting bow, "Good Shika-sama. I hope Inari-kami has provided blessings. Please, treat me kindly."

After a pause, he says, "First, I would like to thank Shika-sama an her family for putting the time and effort to hosting me and the other participants."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:10 pm
The boy provides a greeting bow, "Good Shika-sama. I hope Inari-kami has provided blessings. Please, treat me kindly."

After a pause, he says, "First, I would like to thank Shika-sama an her family for putting the time and effort to hosting me and the other participants."
Pei Pei nods.

"It is little enough trouble, Seppun-san. You were meant to be here, and so you are. I hope your time with us has been both useful and pleasant." she offered.

“Now, pour the tea.”

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Shika Pei Pei wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 pm
Pei Pei nods.

"It is little enough trouble, Seppun-san. You were meant to be here, and so you are. I hope your time with us has been both useful and pleasant." she offered.
Sincericide strikes him and he replies, "Hai, Haha-sama sent me here trusting I would do great. It turns out I am only having useful time. The pleasant part is not there, yet."

He closes his eyes, and mention in a sudden, "These tests have been odd, to say the least. I am sure Shika-sama has gotten feedback coming from other participants of their... displeasure. Anyhow, I trust they are meant to test one's mettle, personality and any other hidden insights the Shika might see necessary for pairings. I will uphold that. I am unsure which sort of plan Shika-sama and Haha-sama aligned between themselves. All I can say is that I am ready to turn the table. It will be either to my fall into disgrace with the Deer, as it is the current trajectory, or ascension into the great path that lies ahead."

Then, suddenly, Yuzu looks to Pei-Pei in the eyes and... smirks.

--
Showing Shika Pei-Pei insights that the future of the Deer's relation to the Imperials could be directly connected to how Yuzu's performance goes, and that he has the personal balance to make it right. Blessed lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image Image
(Void) Opportunity symbolOpportunity symbol Gain spiritual insight into the nature of the universe or your own heart. At the GM’s discretion, you may establish a fact about your character that has not been previously revealed but relates to the situation.
+3 Goal points
DescriptionTheme

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:22 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 pm

Sincericide strikes him and he replies, "Hai, Haha-sama sent me here trusting I would do great. It turns out I am only having useful time. The pleasant part is not there, yet."

He closes his eyes, and mention in a sudden, "These tests have been odd, to say the least. I am sure Shika-sama has gotten feedback coming from other participants of their... displeasure. Anyhow, I trust they are meant to test one's mettle, personality and any other hidden insights the Shika might see necessary for pairings. I will uphold that. I am unsure which sort of plan Shika-sama and Haha-sama aligned between themselves. All I can say is that I am ready to turn the table. It will be either to my fall into disgrace with the Deer, as it is the current trajectory, or ascension into the great path that lies ahead."

Then, suddenly, Yuzu looks to Pei-Pei in the eyes and... smirks.

--
Showing Shika Pei-Pei insights that the future of the Deer's relation to the Imperials could be directly connected to how Yuzu's performance goes, and that he has the personal balance to make it right. Blessed lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image Image
(Void) Opportunity symbolOpportunity symbol Gain spiritual insight into the nature of the universe or your own heart. At the GM’s discretion, you may establish a fact about your character that has not been previously revealed but relates to the situation.
+3 Goal points
The smirk of Yuzu had little noticeable effect upon the iron On of Pei Pei. She had been smirked at by better.

"Seppun-sama does seem to understand the nature of the events. It is not enough for a sword to come from the hands of a fine smith, it's the testing of the blade that reveals it's truest nature."

She shook her head.

"There is more to your path though than your performance here at Kyuden Shika, Seppun-san. Your story...is unlikely to end within these walls. Though where you go from here remains to be seen."

“Now, pour the tea.”

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Shika Pei Pei wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:22 pm
The smirk of Yuzu had little noticeable effect upon the iron On of Pei Pei. She had been smirked at by better.

"Seppun-sama does seem to understand the nature of the events. It is not enough for a sword to come from the hands of a fine smith, it's the testing of the blade that reveals it's truest nature."

She shook her head.

"There is more to your path though than your performance here at Kyuden Shika, Seppun-san. Your story...is unlikely to end within these walls. Though where you go from here remains to be seen."
"The blade is just as sharp as the samurai wielding it. My sensei used to say." He reminds himself, and provides a bow making a reference of being a weapon, "Treat me with care, Shika-sama."
DescriptionTheme

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:10 pm

"Blades to not sharpen thesemlves, Seppun-sama. And a blade that never sees battle is little more than an orrnament." she reminds him.

She looked at him for a long moment.

"You know, Seppun-sama, there are many who wish they had your position in life. Governor of a district of the capital at such a young age."

“Now, pour the tea.”

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:12 am

He nods to her wisdom and says, “I was told Desire is a sin. So, I simply try to do my best and accept my service to Heavens honorably.”
DescriptionTheme

Shika Pei Pei

Post by Shika Pei Pei » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:18 pm

Pei Pei nodded.

"Desire is a Sin...but so is Fear and Regret. Live in the now, Seppun-san. Take that advice to heart." she suggests.

“Now, pour the tea.”