(D9, MM) The Heart Has Spoken (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D9, MM) The Heart Has Spoken (Event Observation)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 pm
"It's fine. I am just somewhat nor really good at that." She sighed.
He shrugged. "As you say, but as I said, we can be difficult." Then he put his empty cup away and pulled up his mask. "In any case, i wish you luck in your ventures with this miai." He stopped when seeing Murato approach Emiko. He stood so he could block Bai from setting it. "We might see some dueling soon if I'm right. Have you ever watched a tournament?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm
He shrugged. "As you say, but as I said, we can be difficult." Then he put his empty cup away and pulled up his mask. "In any case, i wish you luck in your ventures with this miai." He stopped when seeing Murato approach Emiko. He stood so he could block Bai from setting it. "We might see some dueling soon if I'm right. Have you ever watched a tournament?"
She nodded. "I have seen some in Shiro Shiba. There are quite odd."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:22 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:16 pm
She nodded. "I have seen some in Shiro Shiba. There are quite odd."
"Odd? How do you mean?:
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:43 pm

"Well when one is a spectator just with a blink you miss out on the whole strike." She shrugged. "I am not quite sure how it works that well though."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:43 pm
"Well when one is a spectator just with a blink you miss out on the whole strike." She shrugged. "I am not quite sure how it works that well though."
Uh-huh.

"It's not too different than just meditation", he shrugged. "You are clearing everything from the outside and pursuing a moment, something the world around you can say, that leads you to where only you can be. Not everyone is great at it, but you can read the strikes if you focus, if you are in tune with those around you. As a monk you should be able to."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:03 pm
Uh-huh

"It's not too different than just meditation", he shrugged. "You are clearing everything from the outside and pursuing a moment, something the world around you can say, that leads you to where only you can be. Not everyone is great at it, but you can read the strikes if you focus, if you are in tune with those around you. As a monk you should be able to."
"I... I think I can see that. More or less... During meditations one is rarely disturbed by one's surroundings. In a duel I guess the focus is between both contestants." She thought about it.
Smells like flowers

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:25 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:13 pm
"I... I think I can see that. More or less... During meditations one is rarely disturbed by one's surroundings. In a duel I guess the focus is between both contestants." She thought about it.
"Well aside that...uh...there's something I want to ask you about", he said and leaned in a little closer. "Will you listen, and keep it to yourself?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:25 pm
"Well aside that...uh...there's something I want to ask you about", he said and leaned in a little closer. "Will you listen, and keep it to yourself?"
The Kaito nodded. "Hai." She said quietly.
Smells like flowers

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:45 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:43 am
Koi actually smiled wickedly. "That is true, imagined if you wore my obi."

She laughed softly. "I am sorry about your debate, it was...stoic? Right? That's what you were going for?" She said with a teasing tone to her voice.
Inoshishi giggles, “oh, that would have been so bad! Can you image the gasps and fan savings?” She giggles and shakes her head. “I dunno that I would say I was going for stoic so much as I didn’t remember that dang sutra! I remembered one of the monks making his silence work…but I really don’t think I did.”

She waves at Nesshin, “how did you fare, my dear Shika-San?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Koi chuckled. "I can never remember sutras. Father use to hammer on about them but I would just fall asleep. It was the fart, it wasn't enough but you'll get there."

Looking around she toyed with the lace at her throat which was now a green that matched her eyes. "I think we could have pulled it off, like some sort of prank to confuse people. Enough confidence." Koi gasped. "Imagine if that was an event for this miai. Where someone elses colours for a day. Imagine me dressed as in the colours of a Phoenix, orange doesnt suit me. I'd look so fat..." There was no way Koi could look even an ounce fat but her mind was a cruel master.

She leant close and whispered. "Imagine if the young Seppun Yuzu had to dress as a Tortoise." She chuckled.

Koi blushed as Ino waved to Nesshin, and felt her heart hammer. I fucking love you Ino. Koi thought. "Good morning, Nesshin-san."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile