(D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: (D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:11 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:30 am
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:29 am
"Temple visits, honest work, meeting new people... having fun." She smiled. "Seems that the rain is making the Miai a bit more of indoors than outdoors."
The Kitsu chuckled softly. "Well, I'm glad they're not making it more outdoors, considering. Which reminds me - I notice you've found a beautiful feather. Is there a tale behind that?"
"Oh... A new friend gave it to me. I was in need of something for a ritual. I... I had to sing instead of using an item for the ritual." She was somewhat abashed. "I should have been prepared knowing what I was going to do. I wanted to use a feather and he gave me this."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:35 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:30 pm
"This one has no complaints. In fact, I had a lot of fun, for what it's worth. Infinitely better for me than the previous two challenges," she deftly side-steps his inquiry about another source of her good mood, and sips her tea instead. "Otters have a knack for games as a source of entertainment for the patrons of our riverboats, you know. We aim to please."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
"This one has no complaints. In fact, I had a lot of fun, for what it's worth. Infinitely better for me than the previous two challenges," she deftly side-steps his inquiry about another source of her good mood, and sips her tea instead. "Otters have a knack for games as a source of entertainment for the patrons of our riverboats, you know. We aim to please."
Did she get laid? Maybe...

"My school actually likes games a bit, we use them as a training exercise", he said. "Any time you want a challenge, I'm for it."

He seemed to mean that very plainly, though even Hikimasu is still a man.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:01 pm
[...]
"I hope you're sat comfortably because there are more tales about Moto Sarangerel than there are stars in the sky. Or so she says herself at the start of one of these tales.

To stay in theme, let's go with the Chaturanga one."

Mitsuki took her storyteller voice:

"Having heard of how Sarangerel had turned several lost battles into triumphs thanks to her tactical genius, an Ivindi prince decided to invite her for a game of Chaturanga, an ancestor of shogi whose exact rules have been lost to time.

Sarangerel had never played that particular game herself either, and her never-ending curiosity pushed her to accept. So she went to the prince's castle, was taught the rules, and played her first game. And was swiftly defeated.

They played a second game, that she lost too. Then a third one, and history repeated itself.

Finally the prince, surprised, asked: How come you're so good at war and so bad at a wargame?

To which Sarangerel answered: Because prince, to win a war, you first need to understand that war is not a game."
Last edited by Moto Mitsuki on Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:11 am
"Oh... A new friend gave it to me. I was in need of something for a ritual. I... I had to sing instead of using an item for the ritual." She was somewhat abashed. "I should have been prepared knowing what I was going to do. I wanted to use a feather and he gave me this."
A new friend, huh.

Well, he did remember seeing Murato-san with her, but he didn't think Murato knew any rituals - if it was Murato in the first place. Maybe the other Kitsu had some luck?

"I imagine you must have quite a singing if the alternative is a feather that bright."

Maybe Unsei was right about him.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:11 am
A new friend, huh.

Well, he did remember seeing Murato-san with her, but he didn't think Murato knew any rituals - if it was Murato in the first place. Maybe the other Kitsu had some luck?

"I imagine you must have quite a singing if the alternative is a feather that bright."

Maybe Unsei was right about him.
"I... I guess it is. I am not really that good but I try to give peace to the souls of those who I treat." She sighed. "Are you enjoying the miai?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 pm
"I... I guess it is. I am not really that good but I try to give peace to the souls of those who I treat." She sighed. "Are you enjoying the miai?"
The Kitsu nodded.

"I have been. How about yourself?"
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:07 pm

"Hai... eventhough waking in the rain is not as romantic as walking in the sun or sitting in the garden making a nice picnic..." The girl sighed.
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:12 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:07 pm
"Hai... eventhough waking in the rain is not as romantic as walking in the sun or sitting in the garden making a nice picnic..." The girl sighed.
"The sun is always brightest just after the rain," replied the Kitsu, not missing a beat.

"I suppose it's better it rains now than during the marriage ceremony itself, no?"
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:27 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:12 pm
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:07 pm
"The sun is always brightest just after the rain," replied the Kitsu, not missing a beat.

"I suppose it's better it rains now than during the marriage ceremony itself, no?"
She giggled "Maybe it would be better to rain in the wedding that is one day than a whole week of miai." She looked at the Kitsu. "People need the lady sun to peak through the clouds and grant us with a rainbow."
Smells like flowers