(D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D5, MM) Love in the Trenches (Event Observation)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:34 pm
He may've decided otherwise, but she spotted him and sauntered over.
"Shosuro-san," she greeted him like yesterday never happened.
"Imagine how much more exciting Go would be if you had a partner? Two minds, working in union, standing their ground and working their advantages against their opponent- showcasing how much stronger they are together rather than standing on their own?"
He caught the attention she gave and returned it with a bow.

"That's...", he thought about it some. "A very interesting way to talk about marriage, Usogawa-san, but I don't think we're quite to the end of this yet."

He hoped that was funny.

He was also curious what she was trying to sell him by saying that, because it wasn't matrimony.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:36 pm
"Oh, well thank you Kitsu-sama" Emiko bowed to the man "let me pour you some tea also."

She poured some tea, continuing to talk while she did so.

"It's quite a difficult one to easily spot Kitsu-sama. Being able to feign aggression to either force a defensive position where defense wasn't needed or lead them to counterattack where they didn't need to is one of my fathers favourite strategies. He beat me in twenty straight games like that until I understood what he was doing and didn't fall for it."
"It's a bit easier for me to actually picture such things on a war map," he says with a smirk. "Maybe there's simply a disconnect for me that I cannot see the similarity between Go and strategy that everyone else does. But I am sure you could give me some good lessons with solid thrashings on the game board."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:47 pm
"I'm sorry to hear that," Nesshin says, nodding in sympathy. "Although an Ide with whom I've spoken has noted that the forests might well provide some challenging riding."

He gets a sheepish grin on his face and notes "I've never been ahorse, myself. Not a lot of them here, as might be thought, and my work's had me up trees almost as often as between them. Though," and here, the grin turns mischievous, "perhaps the Unicorn have such steeds as can climb the very trees?"
"Even Avel isn't that good...

However, I wouldn't take for granted that out of the realm of possible for an Utaku steed. Utaku horses have one hoof past the line that separate mundane animals from magical animals, and it's never safe to bet on them not being able to do something.

And of course, outside the horses raised and breed within the clans, sometimes a Unicorn will ride on a denizen from another realm. For example, my ancestor Moto Sarangerel is famous, among many over things, for having flown through the sky on the back of a wind horse. Which beats climbing I would say."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 pm
"Even Avel isn't that good...

However, I wouldn't take for granted that out of the realm of possible for an Utaku steed. Utaku horses have one hoof past the line that separate mundane animals from magical animals, and it's never safe to bet on them not being able to do something.

And of course, outside the horses raised and breed within the clans, sometimes a Unicorn will ride on a denizen from another realm. For example, my ancestor Moto Sarangerel is famous, among many over things, for having flown through the sky on the back of a wind horse. Which beats climbing I would say."
Nesshin listens raptly.

"I'd have to agree with that last, certainly," he says. "But tell me of this ancestor of yours! Surely there are other tales to tell of him--and your other illustrious forebears."

Because people like to talk about themselves and their families, generally, he thinks, and helping people to do what they like helps a person be more likeable.

He smiles.

And I like being liked.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:06 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:39 pm
She smirked in response. "I didn't... Hm. For once, I wasn't thinking of marriage." She brushed it aside nonetheless and stood taller.
"Have you had your rice today?" she asked politely. They were in mass company, after all.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:06 pm
She smirked in response. "I didn't... Hm. For once, I wasn't thinking of marriage." She brushed it aside nonetheless and stood taller.
"Have you had your rice today?" she asked politely. They were in mass company, after all.
"Inari did her best, we shall see about Benten as time goes on", he replied, a bit smirky himself. "How did you do? I assume well enough, unless something even better happened?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:24 pm

The Kitsu took the compliment with humility.

"Thank you, but I must admit I have no love for the game. I more tried to escape the game than play it."

Was... was something different about Oubahime? Her hair, maybe? Her clothes? He followed his instinct and hoped he was riht.

"It's nice to see you smiling - it is a lovely smile."
She was indeed wearing different clothes as her miiko outfit was hung to dry. The girl wore the training clothes and a white feather on her obi.

The Kaito smiled. "I played a game with Kitsuki Edogawa sama but we never got to finish it a few days ago and I don't think I can follow the flow."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:54 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 pm
The Kaito smiled. "I played a game with Kitsuki Edogawa sama but we never got to finish it a few days ago and I don't think I can follow the flow."
The Kitsu nodded. "It's not a game for everyone. But besides Go, what's been happening with you? It's certainly been an intriguing experience for me thus far."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:29 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:54 pm
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:32 pm
The Kitsu nodded. "It's not a game for everyone. But besides Go, what's been happening with you? It's certainly been an intriguing experience for me thus far."
"Temple visits, honest work, meeting new people... having fun." She smiled. "Seems that the rain is making the Miai a bit more of indoors than outdoors."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:30 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:29 am
"Temple visits, honest work, meeting new people... having fun." She smiled. "Seems that the rain is making the Miai a bit more of indoors than outdoors."
The Kitsu chuckled softly. "Well, I'm glad they're not making it more outdoors, considering. Which reminds me - I notice you've found a beautiful feather. Is there a tale behind that?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired