(D4, MM) Hearing the Words of Love (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Shika Nesshin

Re: (D4, MM) Hearing the Words of Love (Event Observation)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am
"The Mia is not quite what I had assumed it would be." she says as she looks around, her head askew like a birds. " But so far I have found a certain amount of joy in it also, so most things are well there, and what about you?"
"It's different than others I've seen here," Nesshin says, "but Pei-Pei-sama works hard to keep things fresh and new. 'Each differs,' she says, 'and each must be different.' But it's been a good time for me so far. Even this morning," he adds, and he smiles, "since I've gotten to hear such good work and meet such lovely people."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:03 pm
She didn't have knowledge of theology... but Yasu had told her about the inscriptions.
"The blessings and support of one's parents, especially one's mother, have a way of being the sweetest balm during a storm, don't they?" she didn't really expect him to answer- and she couldn't answer either, having no parents so she really didn't know.
He's gifted an embarrassed smile when she realizes how close she'd wandered forward to him.
In public.
To look at the necklace.
Obviously.
Quickly she takes a step back but not a large one. Just a socially acceptable one.
"Uh. What was your poem about?" Detour!
Bo leans in a little to keep his voice down, unaware of the retreat in process, "Um... to be honest... I don't know. I picked one at random. I mean it talked about snow but I reckon it's one of those... what do you call 'em... illusions? But Shika-sama seemed to really like it."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm
"Ah well I suppose that's one way to do it," she gave a small smile, "-as long as it pleases Shika-sama, that's what counts in the end. I'm sure what you choose was beautiful, Asahina-san," there was the usual kindness in her voice afforded to him.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:30 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am
"The Mia is not quite what I had assumed it would be." she says as she looks around, her head askew like a birds. " But so far I have found a certain amount of joy in it also, so most things are well there, and what about you?"
"It's different than others I've seen here," Nesshin says, "but Pei-Pei-sama works hard to keep things fresh and new. 'Each differs,' she says, 'and each must be different.' But it's been a good time for me so far. Even this morning," he adds, and he smiles, "since I've gotten to hear such good work and meet such lovely people."
"
Earnest words, certainly elevated my work, that was not the best of all them them higher , certainly no crane work, even if it was better then what I had thought of first for this poetry. And where you already part of a number of them, considering where we are Shika-sama?"
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:29 pm
"
Earnest words, certainly elevated my work, that was not the best of all them them higher , certainly no crane work, even if it was better then what I had thought of first for this poetry. And where you already part of a number of them, considering where we are Shika-sama?"
"There was a clear passion in them," Nesshin says, "that cannot but have stirred those who heard them, rousing to attention some who might have been laying about otherwise.

"But as to your question: no, I've not been a participant in a miai before this." He grins and winks. "Pei-Pei-sama wouldn't have failed to place someone, of course. I've worked some before, standing watch and conducting patrols, but this time, ah, this time is my turn."

Then, looking her full in the face, he smiles happily, openly. "And how glad I am of it! Else, how could I have met you?"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:52 am
"Is everything alright, Agasha-san?"
Inoshishi bows to the Kitsu, still panting slightly from her performance.

“I think I may have overdone it. Did I over do it? Too much?”

She’d clearly go for her avalanche of words technique, but she’s too out of breath. Which makes sense. Her recitation was rather…aerobic.
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:03 pm

"Uh. What was your poem about?" Detour!
Those words are (as always) music to Inoshishi’s ears. While she remains focused on the Kitsu, her eyes betray her disappointment when she can’t hear the response. Ah well, another time.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:33 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:29 pm
"
"There was a clear passion in them," Nesshin says, "that cannot but have stirred those who heard them, rousing to attention some who might have been laying about otherwise.

"But as to your question: no, I've not been a participant in a miai before this." He grins and winks. "Pei-Pei-sama wouldn't have failed to place someone, of course. I've worked some before, standing watch and conducting patrols, but this time, ah, this time is my turn."

Then, looking her full in the face, he smiles happily, openly. "And how glad I am of it! Else, how could I have met you?"
"Ah, how nice of you to say so, And this also means, you shall be hte one that I need to ask about what awaits us in the future after all then?" she says with a smile as she takes his looks in ."But far from me to do so, else I should be called out after all. " as she talks she moves her arms a bit to acentuate her words, unseemingly so after all...
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:45 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 pm
"Ah, how nice of you to say so, And this also means, you shall be hte one that I need to ask about what awaits us in the future after all then?" she says with a smile as she takes his looks in ."But far from me to do so, else I should be called out after all. " as she talks she moves her arms a bit to acentuate her words, unseemingly so after all...
"You'd not be the first to ask if I could give some forecast," Nesshin says. "And so I must disappoint yet another person, which saddens me; I have been kept unaware of what the events will be, Pei-Pei-sama noting that my foreknowledge would alter what she can learn from my participation in the exercises.

"But I'd love to make amends for the disappointment, if I may?" His eyes take in how she moves, almost hungrily.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:22 pm

She’d clearly go for her avalanche of words technique, but she’s too out of breath. Which makes sense. Her recitation was rather…aerobic.
The Kitsu nods reassuringly.

"You did fantastic. Did you compose that poem yourself?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:52 pm
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:22 pm

The Kitsu nods reassuringly.

"You did fantastic. Did you compose that poem yourself?"
ETA: sigh, whoops post is whoops. Move along to next.
Last edited by Agasha Inoshishi on Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai