(D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Home to feasts, the Deer clan's winter court, and an ad-hoc art gallery
Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D3, MM) Love on the Sidelines (Event Observation)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:27 am

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:42 pm
"Ah, nee-sama. I... I just need to take a break, I think." She looked to the side, to a beautiful lady who also fell down on a pillow, clearly as out of it as she was. "What were they thinking, with that test? Look around you, it looks like an infirmary at the edge of a battlefield, not the waiting room for a miai."
Koi frowned at her cousin, her physical self was not capable of such endurance based tasks and watching her struggle was hard. Koi nodded, and held out a napkin.

"Do you need anything? Do you want me to help get you back to our rooms?" Koi asked.

Inspecting her cousin only made her worry more. "Fu-chan your breathing is hard, I need you try and catch it okay? Take deep birth. OK?"

She offered her cousin her fine fan it either fan herself.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:51 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:40 pm
“Oh, of course! These are Candy Caps, so they’re a bit sweeter than most. They’re kind of like a mochi, but also a mushroom! They’re great for taking away hunger on a trip or a snack. That’s why I keep them. And plant them. They grow so well! I hope you like them too!”

She bows happily.
Is that right?

With a bow, the Kitsu accepted the offering.

"Thank you."

He popped the mushroom in his mouth - it did remind him of mochi, just as she described it.

"Hmm, these are nice - as you say, kind of like mochi."

He made a note that, as she seemed knowledgeable with mushrooms, she very well could poison him. Best to avoid her ire.

"As I was saying, excellent work with the Kemari, Agasha-san. Where did you learn to play like that?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:03 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:51 am
"As I was saying, excellent work with the Kemari, Agasha-san. Where did you learn to play like that?"
“Thank you, Kitsu-san, I appreciate the compliment!”

She’s thinking fast, weighing the benefits of attributing her success to Togashi-sensei, denying it’s how she was taught, and claiming something else entirely.

“Well, Togashi-sensei taught me the basics. I don’t think what I did was really…you know…in line with his techniques. Although I suppose the first hit was almost that way? I kinda…accidentally went a bit sparky. Togashi-sensei did say I was always quite creative, heh.”

She’s clearly embarrassed but pleased at the same time.

“I’m glad you liked the mushroom! You did well yourself too!”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:11 am

Aimi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:01 pm
"Hm. Tests of strength are often such," Aimi murmurs quietly, "Not only does one have all the fears and stress of public failure, but the burning of lungs and the ache of muscles. Together, such things compound upon one another."

She shakes her head. "I think... offers of reassurance would be poorly taken at this time, ne? Better to look away, and let them get their breath back."
"Agreed."

He sighed. The rules they all lived by definitely had a way of needlessly complicating things.

"I'm sure my turn will come to walk out of one of these feeling like I've been beaten with a tetsubo. Maybe tomorrow they'll have us doing ikebana or something..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shika Zang

Post by Shika Zang » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:10 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:40 pm
Sakura… is not taking part. The Crane simply bows to Shika Zang apologetically as she enters to spectate, approaching him. “Gomen, Shika-sensei. In this, my lack of eyesight would simply lead to embarrassment for no purpose for this one.”
Zang inclined his head and listened to the Kakita's words.

"It takes wisdom to know how to choose one's battles, and courage to face the ones that are unpleasant, but necessary. You could have gone out there and forced others to play around you. You could have slipped away without a word. That you chose this path does not speak to me of how well you can play kemari, but it would be a great fool indeed who mistook your strength for weakness." he offers.

He laughed a bit.

"I look forward to seeing more of your strength during the course of the miai, Kakita-san. You should too." he concluded.
Deer Clan * Speardancer *Sensei

""I am Shika Zang! Come and face me in the bout of death and life!"

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:13 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:20 am
Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:54 am
"Good morning Shika sama I hope Inari has blessed you today."
"I've eaten, yes," Nesshin replies, "as I hope you have."
She smiled. "Hai... And thank you for the compliment I expected far worse. The earth kami tend to call my name from time to time."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:50 pm
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:27 pm
"Thank you, both of you. That's probably a good idea," all the better to remove herself from this public embarrassment.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm

Shika Zang wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:10 am
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:40 pm
Sakura… is not taking part. The Crane simply bows to Shika Zang apologetically as she enters to spectate, approaching him. “Gomen, Shika-sensei. In this, my lack of eyesight would simply lead to embarrassment for no purpose for this one.”
Zang inclined his head and listened to the Kakita's words.

"It takes wisdom to know how to choose one's battles, and courage to face the ones that are unpleasant, but necessary. You could have gone out there and forced others to play around you. You could have slipped away without a word. That you chose this path does not speak to me of how well you can play kemari, but it would be a great fool indeed who mistook your strength for weakness." he offers.

He laughed a bit.

"I look forward to seeing more of your strength during the course of the miai, Kakita-san. You should too." he concluded.
Sakura smiles warmly, tilting her head in acknowledgement. "My thanks, Shika-sama."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:04 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tanabe saw his struggling clanmate and moved over to them "Emiko-sama you're as like to trip on something and the both of you ending up hurt. How would that look on the yojimbo who failed to protect not only his Charge but his clanmate as well?" He asked with a bit of mirth

"In all seriousness if you need anything Narumi-san just ask. We look out for eachother."
There was a rare look of disapproval on Emiko's face, which melted away eventually to determination.

"A leader helps her kin Tanabe-san. I can do this."
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:27 pm
Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:27 pm
"Thank you, both of you. That's probably a good idea," all the better to remove herself from this public embarrassment.
"Hai, let's go. You can lean on me Narumi-san" Emiko moved closer to help the girl stand. She wasn't the strongest, and she was tired too, but she let her determination to help her kin lead her.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:13 am
She smiled. "Hai... And thank you for the compliment I expected far worse. The earth kami tend to call my name from time to time."
"I can hardly blame them," Nesshin replies. "You've a good flavor on the tongue, with your name, and no few would stand to have you approach."

He grins. "Or would seek to embrace you."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."